Monday, October 19, 2020

Gospel of Matthew 13:24-30 Message | Jesus Is Patient in the Suffering in Order to Save More

 

We can throw our pebble in the pond and be confident that its ever widening circle will reach around the world. We repeat, there is nothing we can do but love, and, dear God, please enlarge our hearts to love each other, to love our neighbor, to love our enemy as our friend. ... We confess to being fools and wish that we were more so. + Dorothy Day

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.

God So Loved 
We the Kingdom, 2020 A.D. 

Come all you weary, come all you thirsty, 
Come to the well that never runs dry. 
Drink of the water, come and thirst no more. 
Come all you sinners, come find His mercy. 
Come to the table, He will satisfy. 
Taste of His goodness, find what you're looking for … 

For God so loved the world that He gave us 
His one and only Son to save us! 
Whoever believes in Him will live forever! 


Bring all your failures, bring your addictions,.
Come lay them down at the foot of the cross. 
Jesus is waiting there with open arms. 
See His open arms! (Chorus …) 

The power of hell forever defeated! 
Now it is well, I'm walking in freedom 
For God so loved, God so loved the world! 


Praise God, praise God from whom all blessings flow! 
Praise Him, praise Him for the wonders of His love! 

Other songs by We the Kingdom: "Holy Water" w/ Tasha Cobbs Leonard, "Don't Tread on Me", "Cages", "Child of Love" + "No Doubt About It" w/ Maverick City Music

In Christ Alone
Keith Getty + Stuart Townend, 2001 A.D.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my all in all, 
Here in the love of Christ I stand!

In Christ alone who took on flesh, 
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness, 
Scorned by the ones He came to save. 
'Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied,
For every sin on Him was laid, 
Here in the death of Christ I live!

There in the ground His body lay, 
Light of the world by darkness slain. 
Then bursting forth in glorious Day, 
Up from the grave He rose again! 
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine,
Bought with the precious blood of Christ!

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands our destiny!
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand!
'Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand!

His Kingdom Now Is Come (Behold! Behold!)
The Porter’s Gate w/ Urban Doxology, 2020 A.D.

The Light shines (the Light shines)
In the darkness (in the darkness),
And the darkness cannot overcome. (repeat line + verse)

Behold! Behold! His Kingdom now is come!

The valleys (the valleys)
Will be lifted (will be lifted)
And the mountains will be brought down! (repeat line + verse) (Chorus)

Hear the voice cry (hear the voice cry)
From the highways (from the highways)
Make way for the Prince of Peace. (repeat line + verse) 
(Chorus)

God of justice (God of justice), 
Righteous Judge (Righteous Judge), 
Behold! Behold! Behold!
Our Defender (our Defender), 
Prince of Peace (Prince of Peace), 
Behold! Behold! Behold!
Father to the fatherless (Father to the fatherless), 
Our strong Deliverer (our strong Deliverer), 
Behold! Behold! Behold!
He’s troubling the waters
As we’re marching through ... 
(Chorus)

Benediction based on Matthew 25:14-30

Go in the peace and power of Christ. Love and care for
one another and your neighbors in Jesus’ name, and may
God bless you with every gift needful for His work. May the
Spirit grant you the willingness to risk yourself completely
for the sake of the Gospel, and may hope and faith in Jesus
dwell richly within you until He makes all things new. Amen.


To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment