Monday, October 26, 2020

Gospel of Matthew 13:31-35 Message | Jesus & the Reign of God, Seemingly Small Yet Spectacular

 

Creativity often comes from seemingly confined spaces ...

The Kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed or yeast because to be drawn into the Kingdom of heaven is to participate in God’s patience … Jesus is teaching us to see significance of insignificant. + Stanley Hauerwas


Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin ...

The Rock Won't Move

Vertical Church Band, 2013 A.D.

When the ground beneath my feet gives way,
And I hear the sound of crashing waves,
All my world is washing out to sea.
I'm hidden safe in the God who never moves,
Holding fast to the promise of the truth
That You are holding tighter still to me.

The Rock won't move and His word is strong,
The Rock won't move and His love can't be undone!
The Rock won't move and His word is strong,
The Rock won't move and His love can't be undone,
The Rock of our Salvation!


My hope is in the promise of Your blood,
My support within the raging flood,
Even in the tempest, I can sing!
I'm hidden safe in the God who never moves,
Holding fast to the promise of Your truth
That You are holding tighter still to me!
(Chorus)

Woah, Woah, Woah, the Rock of our salvation!

On Christ the Solid Rock we stand,
All other ground is sinking sand,
The Rock won't move, the Rock won't move!
When darkness seems to hide His face,
We rest on His unchanging grace,
The Rock won't move, the Rock won't move!
(Chorus)

Be Thou My Vision
St. Dallán Forgaill, 6th Century

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart.
Naught be all else to me save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom and Thou my true Word
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord.
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son,
Thou in me dwelling and I with Thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor vain's empty praise.
Thou mine inheritance now and always.
Thou and Thou only first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my treasure Thou art!

High King of Heaven, my victory won!
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart whate’er befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all!


His Kingdom Now Is Come (Behold! Behold!) 
The Porter’s Gate w/ Urban Doxology, 2020 A.D. 

The Light shines (the Light shines)
In the darkness (in the darkness),
And the darkness cannot overcome. (repeat line + verse) 

Behold! Behold! His Kingdom now is come! 

The valleys (the valleys)
Will be lifted (will be lifted)
And the mountains will be brought down! (repeat line + verse) (Chorus

Hear the voice cry (hear the voice cry)
From the highways (from the highways)
Make way for the Prince of Peace. (repeat line + verse) 
(Chorus

God of justice (God of justice), 
Righteous Judge (Righteous Judge), 
Behold! Behold! Behold!
Our Defender (our Defender), 
Prince of Peace (Prince of Peace), 
Behold! Behold! Behold! 
Father to the fatherless (Father to the fatherless), 
Our strong Deliverer (our strong Deliverer), 
Behold! Behold! Behold!
He’s troubling the waters 
As we’re marching through ... 
(Chorus)

Benediction based on Matthew 25:14-30

Go in the peace and power of Christ. Love and care for
one another and your neighbors in Jesus’ name, and may
God bless you with every gift needful for His work. May the
Spirit grant you the willingness to risk yourself completely
for the sake of the Gospel, and may hope and faith in Jesus
dwell richly within you until He makes all things new. Amen.


To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment