Sunday, October 6, 2024

Special | When I Am Afraid, I Put My Trust in You + Psalm 56:3

 

Psalm 56:3: I Will Put My Trust in You


God has never dismissed
or avoided our fears.
He knows our vulnerability.
He knows our limitations.
He says in the Bible 365x
"Do not be afraid."
Not because we can be without Him,
But because He promises
to be with us
in the valley of the shadow of death.
It's not "If you are afraid ... "
It's "When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You."

+ Pastor Mike Sullivan

Story of God Liturgy Flow
w/ Pleasant Street Church
Creation, Crisis, Covenant Community,
Christ, Church, (New) Creation


(1) Creation


Rend Collective, 2014 A.D.

In my wrestling and in my doubts,
In my failures, You won't walk out,
Your great love will lead me through,
You are the peace in my troubled sea, 
Oh, oh,
You are the peace in my troubled sea.

In the silence, You won't let go,
In the questions, Your truth will hold.
Your great love will lead me through,
You are the peace in my troubled sea,
Oh, oh,
You are the peace in my troubled sea!

My Lighthouse, my lighthouse,
Shining in the darkness, I will follow You.
My Lighthouse, my lighthouse,
I will trust the promise,
You will carry me safe to shore.

I won't fear what tomorrow brings
With each morning I'll rise and sing.
My God's love will lead me through,
You are the peace in my troubled sea, 
Oh, oh
You are the peace in my troubled sea!
(Chorus)

Fire before us, You're the brightest,
You will lead us through the storms.

(2) Crisis


Prayer of Confession + Assurance 
Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me, a sinner ...   
Almighty God, in Jesus Christ You love us.
You have opened your heart to us.
You have given us all things ...
but we have grieved You 
and caused hurt to others
by what we have done and
by what we haven't done.
Have mercy on us, O Lord,
Lord, have mercy.
Pardon us through Jesus Christ, our Savior.
Amen.
(We turn to Jesus) He will wipe away every tear from our eyes and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore for the former things have passed away. And He who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new ... these words are trustworthy and true.” + Revelation 21:4-5 

(3) Covenant Community


Kristene DiMarco, 2014 A.D.

Grander earth has quaked before
Moved by the sound of His voice.
And seas that are shaken and stirred
Can be calmed and broken for my regard.

And through it all, through it all,
My eyes are on You.
And through it all, through it all,
It is well
And through it all, through it all,
My eyes are on You,
And it is well, with me.

Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see.
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea.
(Chorus)

So let go my soul and trust in Him,
The waves and wind still know His name.

It is well with my soul.

(4) Christ


Sermon Video
(Minute Mark: 31:07-

Sermon Scriptures

Psalm 56:3

When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.

(5) Church


Brian Johnson, J.D. Hesler 2015 A.D

You unravel me with a melody,
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance from my enemies
'Til all my fears are gone.

I'm no longer a slave to fear.
I am a child of God.
(Repeat)

From my mother’s womb,
You have chosen me.
Love has called my name.
I've been born again into Your family,
Your blood flows through my veins.
(Chorus)

Woah, Woah ...

You split the sea 
so I could walk right through it!
My fears were drowned in perfect love!
You rescued me so I can stand and sing
"I am a child of God!"

(6) New Creation


Benediction 

May God’s love sustain you, 
and may you love those who surround you. 
May God’s Spirit empower you,
and may you empower all those you meet. 
May God’s joy fill your hearts, 
and may this joy overflow to the ends of the earth 
for God’s glory, now and forever.

Complementary Posts:


To connect with us,
please contact 
info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment