Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Listening Day CN | Pressing On (While Still On the Dark Road)

 


Pressing On 


Let us know, 
let us press on to know the LORD;
His appearing is as sure as the dawn;
He will come to us like the showers,
like the spring rains that water the earth.
+ Hosea 6:3 (NRSV)

Simple things are the hardest to do.
Today, lift up those weak hands.
How far you have come already!
I know how hard it is.
You are doing well.

"I want to know You."

And every day you are.
You push to know Me more,
through the world of things that are easily seen,
through the struggles with your enemy,
through the tired difficulties 
of your work and waiting.
You push, you press.
You grow.
You are strengthened.

I give you what you need to finish in power.
I give you what you need to believe.
I who call you am faithful,
like the unfailing sun that warms the globe
or the rainy season that wakens
roots beneath the earth.

Recognize, in the deepest place of your soul,
the knowledge of this truth — 
though life has been hard,
I have strengthened you to overcome it.
I have provided, 
have grounded,
have upheld.
I have brightened the road with joy.
I have called up the sprouts of
faith and wisdom.

"I have seen, and I believe. 
Help me press on."

I will.
Now, while you are still on the dark road,
with the harsh wind in your face
and the dust whispering about your feet.
Now and long after 
the dawn of heaven
has brightened the world
into unending day.

"Lord, You are faithful and good.
You know the strain of pursuit,
of drawing near,
of pushing through the difficulties of life.
Help me to know You
right where I am today 
but to also press on in faithfulness
toward the call of Jesus,
that I may know and love You
better every day of my life.
Amen."

I press on toward the goal
for the prize of the heavenly call
of God in Christ Jesus.
+ Philippians 3:14 (NRSV)

+ Paul J. Pastor 

No comments:

Post a Comment