Thursday, November 12, 2020

Special Gospel Message: Matthew 13:31-35 | Jesus & the Reign of God, Seemingly Small, Yet Spectacular


 


The Kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed or yeast because to be drawn into the Kingdom of heaven is to participate in God’s patience … Jesus is teaching us to see significance of insignificant. ... This Kingdom will come, not in a bang but through a process like the slow + steady kneading of bread. + Stanley Hauerwas & N.T. Wright



Homily Scriptures | Matthew 13:31-35

Prayer of Confession & Assurance | 

One: God of hope, in these times of change,
All: Unite our nation and guide our leaders with Your wisdom.
One: Forgive us when we set too much hope on human systems of power; 
All: Turn us again to seek first Your Kingdom and Your righteousness. 
One: Give us courage to overcome our fears,
All: And help us to build a future in which all may prosper and share.

One: We confess Your Kingdom comes in seemingly too small ways for us, 
All: But we trust You are at work now in spectacular ways unseen. 
One: We believe, King Jesus.
All: Holy Spirit, please help our unbelief.
One: On mountaintops You stay the same,
All: In valleys low You never change.
One: And we believe that we will see the goodness of the Lord!
All: We’re confident as seasons change, Your faithfulness remains.

One: Faithful Savior, go before us to prepare a blessing,
All: Make a way, Lord, hold all things together.
One: God of our present, God of our future,
All: Write our story, hold it all together through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


Keith Getty, Matt Boswell, Jordan Kauflin, 
Matt Merker, Matt Papa, 2020 A.D. 

What is our hope in life and death? 
Christ alone, Christ alone. 
What is our only confidence? 
That our souls to Him belong. 
Who holds our days within His hand? 
What comes, apart from His command? 
And what will keep us to the end? 
The love of Christ, in which we stand. 

O sing hallelujah! Our hope springs eternal; 
O sing hallelujah! Now and ever we confess, 
"Christ our hope in life and death!" 

What truth can calm the troubled soul? 
God is good, God is good. 
Where is his grace and goodness known? 
In our great Redeemer’s blood. 
Who holds our faith when fears arise? 
Who stands above the stormy trial? 
Who sends the waves that bring us nigh 
Unto the shore, the rock of Christ?! (Chorus

Unto the grave, what shall we sing? 
“Christ, He lives; Christ, He lives!” 
And what reward will heaven bring? 
Everlasting life with Him. 
There we will rise to meet the Lord, 
Then sin and death will be destroyed, 
And we will feast in endless joy, 
When Christ is ours forevermore! (Chorus)

St. Dallán Forgaill, 6th Century

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart.
Naught be all else to me save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom and Thou my true Word
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord.
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son,
Thou in me dwelling and I with Thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor vain's empty praise.
Thou mine inheritance now and always.
Thou and Thou only first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my treasure Thou art!

Oh God, be my everything, be my delight!
Be Jesus, my glory, my soul satisfied!
Oh God, be my everything, be my delight!
Be Jesus, my glory, my soul satisfied!
My Jesus, You satisfy! My Jesus, You satisfy!
My Jesus, You satisfy! My Jesus, You satisfy!

High King of Heaven, my victory won!
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart whate’er befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all!

To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com


Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment