Saturday, August 1, 2020

FB Live Weekend Message | If God Is for Us: Becoming More Like Jesus Together




In Jesus, you have a foundation for your present and a secure destiny for your future.God has a Jesus vision for what He desires to do in and through us to reveal His salvation to many.


Romans 8:29-30 Message Video | If God Is for Us: Becoming More Like Jesus Together

Sermon Scriptures | Romans 8:29-30

8:29 For God knew His people in advance, and He chose them (and us) to become like His Son, so that His Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And having chosen them, He called them to come to Him. And having called them, He gave them right standing with Himself. And having given them right standing, He gave them His glory.

Other "Becoming More Like Jesus" Scriptures

2 Corinthians 3:18: The Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like Jesus as we are changed into His glorious image. + We trust and submit to the Holy Spirit to do this Jesus-transformation. 
2 Peter 1:3-4: 3 By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the one who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share His divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires. + He has provided all we need in His covenant promises (i.e. “Yes,” “Amen” in Jesus) for us to be like Christ 
+ Hebrews 2:10-12: 10 God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring many children into glory. And it was only right that He should make Jesus, through His suffering, a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation. 11 So now Jesus and the ones He makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them His brothers and sisters. 12 For He said to God, “I will proclaim Your name to my brothers and sisters. I will praise you among your assembled people.” + Jesus proclaims to you now that you are family and He makes you holy like Him
1 John 3:2: Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but He has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He really is. + Our hope to become more like Him together is already and not yet fully 
In accordance with state and national authorities, we are returning to the front lawn of the Fusion Center at 30 Tyler Prentice Road on Saturdays, August 1, 15, and 29. More details to come. In the meantime, we are still gathering every Saturday at 4:30 p.m. EST via Emmaus City Church Facebook Live. The liturgy with links to songs will be posted Saturday morning on our Facebook page beforehand. We would love for you to join with us! Also, you can contact us at info@emmauscitychurch.com.

Call to Worship from John 6:37

All those the Father gives Me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will never drive away. + Jesus

In Tenderness He Sought Me
W. Spencer Walton, 1894 A.D.

In tenderness He sought me weary and sick with sin.
And on His shoulders brought me back to His fold again.
While angels in His presence sang until the courts of heaven rang!

Oh, the love that sought me! Oh, the blood that bought me! 
Oh the grace that brought me to the fold of God!
Grace that brought me to the fold of God!


He died for me while I was sinning, needy and poor and blind. 
He whispered to assure me, "I've found thee; thou art Mine."
I never heard a sweeter voice, it made my aching heart rejoice! (Chorus)

Upon His grace I'll daily ponder and sing anew His praise 
With all adoring wonder, His blessings I retrace.
It seems as if eternal days are far too short to sing His praise! (Chorus)

Ike Ndolo, 2012 A.D.

The dark is groaning, the tomb is reaching out.
Oh, but they can't have me! 
Oh, but they can't have me! 
The crows are circling, the jackal waits in the dark.
Oh, but they can't have me! 
Oh, but they can't have me! 

I belong to the land of the rising Son 
Where the grave is no more, 
The war has been won!
I belong to the land of the rising Son, 
I belong to You, I belong!

The world is in my bones, it makes me wrestle with You.
Oh, but You have claimed me! Oh, but You have claimed me! 
No matter how far I've gone, even to the devil's table.
Oh, my God, You've claimed me!
Oh, my God, You've claimed me! (Chorus)

Through my wandering, and my failing, and my doubting, I belong!

Through the fire, and the darkness, through the sadness, I belong!
I'm just a rebel, who's tired of fighting,
So I'm laying down these arms.
The sun is rising, the sun is rising, the sun is rising! (Chorus)

Pass the Peace | In the Story of God, Jesus declared, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you" (John 14:26) during humanity's darkest, most tragic weekend of His death. And then after Jesus was crucified and resurrected, defeating evil and death, He said, "Peace be with you ... Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:21-22). Somehow, with Jesus, peace is possible even in our darkest moments. During this time, we desire to share with each other peace that passes understanding, empowered by the Spirit of Christ.

The peace of the Lord by always with you.
And also with you.


Benediction based on Romans 15:13


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Now go in the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace. You are sent out.


To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment