Monday, August 10, 2020

FB Live Message | If God Is for Us: He Is and He Loves Us!



Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean He no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? ... No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.


Romans 8:31-37 Message Video | If God Is for Us: He Is and He Loves Us!


Sermon Scriptures | Romans 8:31-37

8:31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since He did not spare even His own Son but gave Him up for us all, won’t He also give us everything else? 33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for His own? No one—for God Himself has given us right standing with Himself. 34 Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and He is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us. 35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean He no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.” 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
In accordance with state and national authorities, we are returning to the front lawn of the Fusion Center at 30 Tyler Prentice Road on Saturdays, August 1, 15, and 29. More details to come. In the meantime, we are still gathering every Saturday at 4:30 p.m. EST via Emmaus City Church Facebook Live. The liturgy with links to songs will be posted Saturday morning on our Facebook page beforehand. We would love for you to join with us! Also, you can contact us at info@emmauscitychurch.com.

Call to Worship from Isaiah 51:11-12

Those who have been ransomed by the LORD will return. They will enter Jerusalem singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Sorrow and mourning will disappear, and they will be filled with joy and gladness. "I, yes I, am the One who confronts you. So why are you afraid ...  ?

Trading My Sorrows 
Darrel Evans, 1998 A.D. 

I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my shame,
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord. (Repeat)

And we sing "Yes, Lord,
Yes, Lord, yes, yes, Lord! ... 3x ... Amen!"

I'm pressed, but not crushed, persecuted, not abandoned, 
Struck down, but not destroyed!
I am blessed beyond the curse for His promise will endure 
That His joy is going to be my strength!

Though the sorrows may last for the night, 
His joy comes with the morning!

Look and See
Village Church, 2012 A.D.

To Him be the glory for all He has done! 
Praise to the Father who gave us His Son! 
A ransom for many, He bled and died 
Then rose in victory enthroned on high!

To Him be the glory in heaven and earth, 
All of creation is shouting His worth.
The saints and the angels all live to proclaim 
The wonderful story, the glorious name.

Oh look and see our God and celebrate
The power of the cross and the empty grave! 
And now we're free, let the redeemed
Lift up your heads, oh look and see our God!


To Him be the glory, He's coming again 
And all of the sadness will come to an end! 
Oh what a reunion, the Bride and her King! 
Forever we'll praise Him, forever we'll sing! (Chorus)

Glory, glory to our God!

Planetshakers, 2013 A.D.

Hallelujah, You have won the victory!
Hallelujah, You have won it all for me!
Death could not hold You down!
You are the risen King seated in majesty,
You are the risen King!

By His stripes we are healed,
By His nail-pierced hands we're free.
By His blood, we're washed clean,
Now we have the victory.

The power of sin is broken
Jesus overcame it all.
He has won our freedom,
Jesus has won it all.

Austin Stone Music, 2014 A.D. 

Oh, may I run to no other refuge,
No other rest for my soul.
Oh, may I drink from no other fountain 
Where living waters will flow.

Jesus, You’re all I need. Jesus, You’ re all I need! ...
You are my life, may You be lifted high! 
There is no other like Jesus Christ!
You are my story, You’re my everything! 
You are my glory, my God, and my King! 
You are my rock, and You never change!

No other power can break the darkness, 
No other hand that can save.
Forever faithful, Your love is stronger,
I trust in no other name!

Jesus, You’ re all I need . . . (Chorus)

My strength to stand, all of my days are in Your hand! 
My light to see, Your glory goes before me!
My King, You reign, My Rock,
And You never change, no, You never change! (Chorus)

Pass the Peace | In the Story of God, Jesus declared, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you" (John 14:26) during humanity's darkest, most tragic weekend of His death.And then after Jesus was crucified and resurrected, defeating evil and death, He said, "Peace be with you ... Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:21-22). Somehow, with Jesus, peace is possible even in our darkest moments. During this time, we desire to share with each other peace that passes understanding, empowered by the Spirit of Christ.

The peace of the Lord by always with you.
And also with you.


Benediction based on Romans 15:13


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Now go in the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace. You are sent out.


To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment