Monday, July 6, 2020

FB Live Weekend Message | If God Is for Us: Free to Make Our Declaration of Interdependence Together



" ... From my mother's womb, You have chosen me. Love has called my name. We've been born again into Your family, Your blood pours through our veins. ... " + No Longer Slaves


Romans 8:14-18 Message Video | If God Is for Us: Free to Make Our Declaration of Interdependence Together on July 4

Sermon Scriptures | Romans 8:14-18

8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when He adopted you as His own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” 16 For His Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. 17 And since we are His children, we are His heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share His glory, we must also share His suffering. 18 Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will reveal to us later.
In accordance with state and national authorities, we are looking to return to the front lawn of the Fusion Center at 30 Tyler Prentice Road on Saturday, July 11. More details to come. In the meantime, we are still gathering every Saturday at 4:30 p.m. EST via Emmaus City Church Facebook Live. The liturgy with links to songs will be posted Saturday morning on our Facebook page beforehand. We would love for you to join with us! Also, you can contact us at info@emmauscitychurch.com.

Call to Worship from Isaiah 41:10

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand.

Be Still My Soul

Katherine von Schlegel, 1752 A.D.

Be still, my soul, the Lord is on your side. 
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain. 
Leave to your God to order and provide. 
In every change He will remain.

Be still, my soul, your God will undertake.
To guide the future as in ages past.
Your hope, your mind, your will let nothing shake. 
All now mysterious shall be bright.

Be still, my soul, the hour is hastening on 
When we shall be forever with the Lord, 
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone 
Sorrow forgot, love’s joy restored.

Be still my soul ... And praise Him.

No Longer Slaves
Brian Johnson, J.D. Hesler 2015 A.D

You unravel me with a melody, 
You surround me with a song 
Of deliverance from my enemies 
'Til all my fears are gone.

I'm no longer a slave to fear.
I am a child of God. (Repeat)

From my mother’s womb, 
You have chosen me. 
Love has called my name.
I've been born again into Your family,
Your blood flows through my veins. (Chorus)

Woah, Woah ...

You split the sea so I could walk right through it! 
My fears were drowned in perfect love!
You rescued me so I can stand and sing
"I am a child of God!"

Who You Say I Am

Hillsong, 2018 A.D.

Who am I that the highest King would welcome me? 
I was lost but He brought me in, oh, His love for me! 
Oh, His love for me!

Who the Son sets free, oh, is free indeed! 
I'm a child of God, Yes, I am!
In my Father's house there's a place for me, 
I'm a child of God, Yes I am!

Free at last, He has ransomed me. 
His grace runs deep. 
While I was a slave to sin, Jesus died for me.
Yes, He died for me! (Chorus)

I am chosen, not forsaken, I am who You I say I am! 
You are for me, not against me, I am who You say I am! 

You Are God and You Are Good

Austin Stone, 2014 A.D.

For the fatherless, we pray be the Father.
Let those who lost their way be understood.
For the widow and the broken – be the Lover who will hold them.
We know that You are God and You are good.
Yes, we know that You are God and You are good.

For those who mourn today, be the comfort,
And who hunger after You, be satisfied.
You bless the poor in spirit for heaven is their Kingdom. 
We know that You are God and You are good.
Yes, we know that You are God and You are good.

You are God, You're the risen King. 
You are good, Lord of everything. 
No mountain, no valley could ever separate us from Your love.
You are God and You are good.
Yes, we know that You are God and You are good.


As we look upon Your Word, God give us vision.
Restore us by the power of Your blood.
Come now, Holy Spirit – when You whisper let us hear it. 
We know that You are God and You are good.
Yes, we know that you are God and you are good. (Chorus 1)

So come now in power! 
And let our chains be broken! 
Pour out Your Spirit! 
Jesus, our hearts are open!

You are God, You're the risen King!
You are good, Lord of everything!
No mountain, no valley could ever separate us!
No power, no darkness, could ever stand between us!
No mountain, no valley could ever separate us from Your love! 
You are God and You are good.
Yes, we know that You are God and You are good.



Pass the Peace | In the Story of God, Jesus declared, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you" (John 14:26) during humanity's darkest, most tragic weekend of His death. And then after Jesus was crucified and resurrected, defeating evil and death, He said, "Peace be with you ... Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:21-22). Somehow, with Jesus, peace is possible even in our darkest moments. During this time, we desire to share with each other peace that passes understanding, empowered by the Spirit of Christ.

The peace of the Lord by always with you.

Benediction from Romans 15:13


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.




To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment