Friday, October 5, 2018

Saturate Series Week 1 | Jesus Christ Is All + Saturday, September 29





We invite you to wonder about the history-altering, world-restoring, personally-transforming Gospel: the Good News that Jesus is Emmanuel, God with us, come to redeem and restore what we have broken; heal us; and bring His Kingdom of justice, mercy, and peace to our world.


Homily Audio | Saturate 1 of 8: Jesus Christ Is All

We need Jesus personally and He's given us His name. His personal salvation for us has set us free from the power of sin as a life stealer. He gives us more life right now; we don't have to sell ourselves short today.

We need Jesus cosmically and He's holding all things together and interceding with His peace in the midst of the chaos. His cosmic salvation for us will set us free from the presence of sin as a death dealer. In Him, death loses its grip on us.

We need Jesus historically and He's with us yesterday, today, and forever. His historic salvation for us has set us free from the penalty of sin. We have been saved, we are being saved, and we will be saved forever.

Questions as You Consider Jesus

Are you curious? Consider asking someone a question or two about Jesus and Christian spirituality even if you don't believe.

Are you open? Consider your emotional and spiritual needs, and step into asking if Jesus can meet them and help you.

Are you searching? Consider exploring more about Jesus even if you are not sure who He is; example: "If I could ask Jesus one honest question that would help me trust Him, what would I ask?"

Are you beginning to believe? Consider how your life would be transformed if you followed Jesus. Ask God to help you understand the Good News that through Jesus' life, death, and resurrection, He is restoring everything sin has ruined in your life and in the world.


Grace Alone
The Modern Post, 2013 A.D.

I was an orphan lost at the Fall,
Running away when I'd hear Your call,
But Father, You worked Your will.
I had no righteousness of my own,
I had no right to draw near Your throne,
But Father, You loved me still.
And in love before You laid the world's foundation,
You predestined to adopt me as Your own.
You have raised me so high up above my station.
I'm a child of God by grace and grace alone.

You left Your home to seek out the lost,
You knew the great and terrible cost,
But Jesus, Your face was set.
I worked my fingers down to the bone,
Nothing I did could ever atone,
But Jesus, You paid my debt.
By Your blood, I have redemption and salvation,
Lord, You died that I might reap what You have sown;
And You rose that I might be a new creation,
I am born again by grace and grace alone.

I was in darkness all of my life,
I never knew the day from the night,
But Spirit, You made me see.
I swore I knew the way on my own,
Head full of rocks, a heart made of stone,
But Spirit, You moved in me.
At Your touch my sleeping spirit was awakened,
On my darkened heart the light of Christ has shone.
Called into a kingdom that cannot be shaken,
Heaven's citizen by grace and grace alone.

So I'll stand in faith by grace and grace alone!
I will run the race by grace and grace alone!
I will slay my sin by grace and grace alone!
I will reach the end by grace and grace alone!

Break Every Chain
Tasha Cobbs & Will Reagan, 2013 A.D.

There is power
In the name of Jesus;
There is power
In the name of Jesus;
There is power
In the name of Jesus
To break every chain,
Break every chain,
Break every chain!

All sufficient sacrifice,
So freely given,
Such a price
Bought My redemption,
Heaven's gates swing wide.

There's an army rising up!
There's an army rising up!
There's an army rising up
To break every chain,
Break every chain,
Break every chain!

What a Beautiful Name
Hillsong United, 2016 A.D.

You were the Word at the beginning,
One With God the Lord Most High.
Your hidden glory in creation
Now revealed in You our Christ.

What a beautiful (wonderful) name it is,
What a beautiful (wonderful) name it is,
The Name of Jesus Christ, my King.
What a beautiful (wonderful) Name it is,
Nothing compares to this.
What a beautiful (wonderful) Name it is,
The Name of Jesus.


You didn't want heaven without us,
So Jesus, You brought heaven down.
My sin was great, Your love was greater,
What could separate us now.
("Wonderful" Chorus)

Death could not hold You,
The veil tore before You,
You silenced the boast of sin and grave!
The heavens are roaring
The praise of Your glory,
For You are raised to life again!
You have no rival, You have no equal!
Now and forever, our God reigns!
Yours is the Kingdom, Yours is the glory,
Yours is the name above all names!

What a powerful name it is,
What a powerful name it is,
The Name of Jesus Christ, my King.
What a powerful Name it is,
Nothing can stand against.
What a powerful Name it is,
The Name of Jesus.


All Glory Be to Christ
Dustin Kensrue, 2012 A.D.

Should nothing of our efforts stand,
No legacy survive,
Unless the Lord does raise the house
In vain its builders strive.
To you who boast tomorrow's gain
Tell me, "What is your life?"
A mist that vanishes at dawn
All glory be to Christ!

All glory be to Christ our King!
All glory be to Christ!
His rule and reign we'll ever sing
All glory be to Christ!

His will be done, His Kingdom come
On earth as is above,
Who is Himself our daily bread
Praise Him, the Lord of love!
Let living water satisfy
The thirsty without price.
We'll take a cup of kindness yet,
All glory be to Christ!
(Chorus)

When on the day the great I AM,
The faithful and the true,
The Lamb who was for sinners slain
Is making all things new.
Behold our God shall live with us
And be our steadfast Light.
And we shall e'er His people be,
All glory be to Christ!
(Chorus)

The Word Made Flesh: Christology Statement
Based on Nicene Creed, Definition of Chalcedon
325 A.D., 451 A.D.

We confess the mystery and wonder
of God made flesh
and rejoice in our great salvation
through Jesus Christ our Lord.

With the Father and the Holy Spirit,
the Son created all things,
sustains all things,
and makes all things new.
Truly God,
He became truly man,
two natures in one person.

He was born of the Virgin Mary
and lived among us.
Crucified, dead, and buried,
He rose on the third day,
ascended to heaven,
and will come again
in glory and judgement.

For us,
He kept the Law,
atoned for sin,
and satisfied God’s wrath.
He took our filthy rags
and gave us
His righteous robe.

He is our Prophet, Priest, and King,
building His Church,
interceding for us,
and reigning over all things.
Jesus Christ is Lord;
we praise His holy Name forever.
Amen. 


Prayers of Preparation for Eucharist
Matthew 26:26-29; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26

Prayer seeking more from Jesus
Jesus, You claim to be the Way,
the Truth and the Life.
If what You claim is true,
please reveal to me who You are.
Give me an understanding of You
that is clear and convincing. Amen.

Prayer for Communion with Jesus
Jesus, grant that we may be filled
by You, the true Bread and Vine.
Be present with us, strengthen us,
and empower us to be Your witnesses
together as we seek first Your Kingdom
until You return and make all things new. Amen.

Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church

Benediction 

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” + Matthew 28:19-20

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment