Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sermon on the Mount Series | Matthew 6:24-34: The Care of Our Father is the Cure for the Anxious Heart w/ Pastor Ryan Bowen + Saturday, June 16, 2018






We invite you to listen with us to the history-altering, world-restoring, personally-transforming Gospel: the Good News that Jesus is Emmanuel, God with us, come to save us and bring His Kingdom of justice, mercy, and peace to our world.


In response to this Good News, we follow Jesus together as City Groups in Worcester who seek to love our neighbors and serve our city in the joy and justice of God for the life of the world.


Questions as You Consider Jesus

Are you curious? Consider asking someone a question or two about Jesus and Christian spirituality even if you don't believe.

Are you open? Consider your emotional and spiritual needs, and step into asking if Jesus can meet them and help you.

Are you searching? Consider exploring more about Jesus even if you are not sure who He is; example: "If I could ask Jesus one honest question that would help me trust Him, what would I ask?"

Are you beginning to believe? Consider how your life would be transformed if you followed Jesus. Ask God to help you understand the Good News that through Jesus' life, death, and resurrection, He is restoring everything sin has ruined in your life and in the world.


Old Testament Scriptures | Psalm 145:1, 13-19
New Testament Scriptures | Matthew 6:24-34

Corporate Prayer of Confession and Assurance
Isaiah 6:5-8Daniel 9:4-19Nehemiah 1:5-10Luke 23:34

Call: Holy and gracious God,
we need You to be our Father
and our King today. Remind us
that we are Your beloved children.
We want to seek Your Kingdom first.
We want to love You more.

Response: Turn our hearts to
Your loving care. Take away
our anxiety and fear. May we see
Your reign of love conquer our
worry, disease, evil, and sin.
Care for us by Your Holy Spirit.

Silent Personal Reflection and Confession

Call: We return to You and rest in Your
forgiveness and Your providence. We
trust You and pray as Jesus taught us to pray:

Response: Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil for Thine is the
Kingdom and the power and the glory
now and forever. Amen.

Lord's Prayer | Praying for Jesus' Kingdom Impact in Us and in Worcester

Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church


This Is the Day
By Bob Fitts
1996 A.D.

This is the day
That the Lord has made!
I will rejoice and celebrate!
This is the day
That the Lord has made!
I will rejoice,
I will rejoice and celebrate!

He goes before me,
He walks beside me,
He lives within me,
He's the Lover of my soul!
He's my Defender,
He's my Provider,
His overflowing mercies
Are brand new every day!


King of My Heart
By John Mark McMillan
and Sarah McMillan
2015 A.D.

Let the King of my heart
Be the mountain where I run,
The fountain I drink from;
Oh He is my song.
Let the King of my heart
Be the shadow where I hide,
The ransom for my life;
Oh, He is my song!

You are good, good, oh!
You are good, good, oh!
You are good, good, oh!
You are good, good, oh!


Let the King of my heart
Be the wind inside my sails,
The anchor in the waves;
Oh, He is my song.
Let the King of my heart
Be the fire inside my veins,
And the echo of my days;
Oh, He is my song!
(Chorus)

You’re never gonna let,
Never gonna let me down!

No Longer Slaves
By Bethel Music
2015 A.D.

You unravel me with a melody,
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance from my enemies
'Til all my fears are gone.

I'm no longer a slave to fear.
I am a child of God.
I'm no longer a slave to fear.
I am a child of God.

From my mothers womb,
You have chosen me.
Love has called my name.
I've been born again into Your family,
Your blood flows through my veins.
(Chorus)

Woah, Woah ...

You split the sea
So I could walk right through it!
My fears were drowned
In perfect love!
You rescued me
So I can stand and sing
"I am a child of God!"

Reckless Love
Bethel Music
2017 A.D.

Before I spoke a word,
You were singing over me.
You have been so, so good to me.
Before I took a breath,
You breathed Your life in me.
You have been so, so kind to me.

Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending
Reckless love of God!
It chases me down,
Fights 'til I'm found,
Leaves the ninety-nine!
I couldn't earn it, and
I don't deserve it,
Still You give Yourself away!
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending
Reckless love of God!


When I was your foe,
Still Your love fought for me.
You have been so, so good to me.
When I felt no worth,
You paid it all for me.
You have been so, so kind to me.
(Chorus)

There's no shadow You won't light up,
Mountain You won't climb up,
Coming after me!
There's no wall You won't kick down,
Lie You won't tear down,
Coming after me!
(Chorus)

Nothing I Hold Onto (Climb This Mountain)
By United Pursuit Band
2010 A.D.

I lean not on
My own understanding,
My life is in the hands
Of the Maker of Heaven.

I give it all to You, God,
Trusting that You'll make
Something beautiful out of me!

I will climb this mountain
With my hands wide open,
I will climb this mountain
With my hands wide open!

There is nothing I hold on to,
There is nothing I hold on to,
There is nothing I hold on to,
There is nothing I hold on to!

Father Let Your Kingdom Come
By Urban Doxology, L. Vice, Page CXVI
2017 A.D.

Hallelu! Hallelujah!
Father, let Your Kingdom come!

(x4)

May the works of my hands
Bring You joy.
(x4 + Chorus)

May the words from my mouth
Speak Your peace.
(x4 + Chorus)

You make all things new,
You make all things new
In places we don't choose;
You make all things new!
(Chorus)


Apostles' Creed
390 A.D.

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,

Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ,
His only Son, our Lord,

who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
,
born of the virgin Mary.

suffered under Pontius Pilate, 

was crucified, dead, and buried;

He descended to hell.

The third day He rose again!

He ascended to heaven

and is seated at the right hand
of God the Father almighty;
from there He shall come
to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the holy catholic* Church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins, 

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting. Amen.

*Catholic stands for Jesus' Church
"according to the whole,"
across time, cultures, and nations,
that He established
and continues to build by His
grace, truth, and resurrection power. 


Sermon on the Mount Benediction 
Based on Matthew 5-7

King Jesus, thank You for blessing us
to embrace the salvation You give us freely.
Everything we need is Yours to give us.
You are the treasure that we desperately seek.
You invite us home as prodigals
returning to our Father’s embrace.
Your prayer for the Kingdom coming
provides the answer to all our longings.
Write Your Kingdom rule and reign on our hearts.
By Your Holy Spirit, free us of any fear or anxiety
that would keep us from fully following You.
Build our lives on the Rock that is Your Word.
May a watching world see Your light, taste Your salt,
and be welcomed into Your city on a hill through us.
It is with You, King Jesus, that hope is secure,
for us and all of creation, now and forever.

You are now sent out in the peace of God, Emmaus City.
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
and the love of God the Father,
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you. 


Next sermon audio and liturgy: Sermon on the Mount | Matthew 7:1-6: When We See the Plank as the Cross

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment