Saturday, May 22, 2021

Eastertide Unhinged Resurrection Hope Series Message + Mass | Colossians 1:3-8: Gospel Hope

 

Resurrection by Magnus 3D

You're going to spend the rest of your life giving hope ... the Gospel incarnating in a community that desperately needs to hear the message of hope. ... We are hope dealers. + Myron Pierce, Mission Church, Omaha, NE


We open our eyes to see Jesus' glory.
We open our ears to hear Jesus' wisdom.
We open our hands to offer Jesus gifts.
We open our mouths to sing Jesus' praise.
We open our hearts to offer Jesus our love.

Story of God Liturgy Flow
Creation, Crisis, Covenant Community, Christ, Church, (New) Creation


(1) Creation


Call to Worship | Psalm 131:1-3, Message Paraphrase

God ... I don’t want to be king of the mountain. I haven’t meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans. I’ve kept my feet on the ground, I’ve cultivated a quiet heart. Like a baby content in its mother’s arms, my soul is a baby content.Wait, Israel, for God.Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always!

Maverick City Music, 2021 A.D.

I’ll never be more loved than I am right now.
Wasn’t holding You up, so there’s nothing I can do to let You down.
Doesn’t take a trophy to make You proud,
I’ll never be more loved than I am right now.

Going through a storm, but I won’t go down.
I hear Your voice carried in the rhythm of the wind to call me out.
You would cross an ocean so I wouldn’t drown!
You’ve never been closer than You are right now.

Jireh, You are enough! Jireh, You are enough!
So I will be content in every circumstance, Jireh, You are enough!

Don’t want to forget how I feel right now.
On the mountaintop, I can see so clear what it’s all about.
Stay by my side when the sun goes down,
Don’t want to forget how I feel right now. (Chorus)

I’m already loved! I’m already chosen!
I know who I am, I know what You’ve spoken!
I’m already loved, more than I could imagine!
And that is enough, that is enough!
You are enough, so I am enough.

If He dresses the lilies with beauty and splendor,
How much more will He clothe you? 
How much more will He clothe you?!
If He watches over every sparrow,
How much more does He love you? 
How much more does He love you?!
More than you ask, think or imagine,
According to His power working in us!
It’s more than enough! (Chorus)

(2) Crisis


Prayer of Confession + Assurance | Heidelberg Catechism Q&A 1
Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on us sinners ...

One: What is our only comfort in life and in death?
All: That we are not our own, but belong—body and soul, in life and in death—to our faithful Savior, Jesus Christ.

One: He has fully paid for all our sins with His precious blood, and has set us free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over us in such a way that not a hair can fall from our heads without the will of our Father in heaven; in fact, all things must work together for our salvation.
All: Because we belong to Him, Christ, by His Holy Spirit, assures us of eternal life and makes us wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for Him.


(3) Covenant Community



Sermon Scriptures | Colossians 1:3-8

(4) Christ



One: We eat this meal together to remember Jesus' death for us until He returns to fully bring His Kingdom of heaven to earth. 

All: Christ has died. Christ is risen! Christ will come again!

(5) Church


Spirit Break Out
Kim Walker Smith, 2015 A.D.

Our Father, all of Heaven roars Your name
Sing louder, let this place erupt with praise
Can you hear it?
The sound of Heaven touching earth,
The sound of Heaven touching earth!

Spirit break out, break our walls down!
Spirit break out, Heaven come down!

King Jesus, You're the name we're lifting high,
Your glory, shaking up the earth and sky.
Revival, we want to see Your Kingdom here;
We want to see Your Kingdom here!

(6) New Creation


Christ Our Hope in Life and Death
Keith Getty, Matt Boswell, Jordan Kauflin,
Matt Merker, Matt Papa, 2020 A.D.

What is our hope in life and death?
Christ alone, Christ alone.
What is our only confidence?
That our souls to Him belong.
Who holds our days within His hand?
What comes, apart from His command?
And what will keep us to the end?
The love of Christ, in which we stand.

O sing hallelujah! Our hope springs eternal;
O sing hallelujah! Now and ever we confess,
"Christ our hope in life and death!"


What truth can calm the troubled soul?
God is good, God is good.
Where is his grace and goodness known?
In our great Redeemer’s blood.
Who holds our faith when fears arise?
Who stands above the stormy trial?
Who sends the waves that bring us nigh
Unto the shore, the rock of Christ?! (Chorus)

Unto the grave, what shall we sing?
“Christ, He lives; Christ, He lives!”
And what reward will heaven bring?
Everlasting life with Him.
There we will rise to meet the Lord,
Then sin and death will be destroyed,
And we will feast in endless joy,
When Christ is ours forevermore! (Chorus)

Benediction

May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you
until He returns to make all things new.


Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment