Sunday, March 28, 2021

Palm Sunday Message + Mass @ Home | John 12:12-19: Welcoming Jesus the Christ/Messiah to Reign


Artwork from Bible Project: Psalm 8: Palm Sunday


Jesus comes in the meekness, the mess, and the marvelous and reveals Himself as the humble Master over all of life we need.


Story of God Liturgy Flow | Creation, Crisis, Covenant Community, Christ, Church, (New) Creation


(1) Creation


Call to Worship | Psalm 118:19-20, 22-24 + Our World Belongs to God (24)

Open for me the gates where the righteous enter, and I will go in and thank the LORD. These gates lead to the presence of the LORD, and the godly enter there ... The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the LORD’s doing, and it is wonderful to see. This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.

One: As the second Adam, Jesus chose the path we had rejected. In His baptism and temptations, teaching and miracles, battles with demons and friendships with sinners ...

All: Jesus lived a full and righteous human life before us. As God’s true Son, He lovingly obeyed the Father and made present in deed and word the coming rule of God.


King of My Heart
John Mark & Sarah McMillan, 2015 A.D.

Let the King of my heart be the mountain where I run,
The fountain I drink from, O, He is my song.
Let the King of my heart be the shadow where I hide,
The ransom for my life, O, He is my song!

You are good, good, O! You are good, good, O!

Let the King of my heart be the wind inside my sails,
The anchor in the waves, O, He is my song.
Let the King of my heart be the fire inside my veins,
The echo of my days, O, He is my song!
(Chorus)

You’re never gonna let, never gonna let me down!

(2) Crisis


Prayer of Confession + Assurance | 

Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on us sinners ...

Lenten Creed by Patmos Abbey, St. Columba

One: We believe that our lives are held within the all encompassing love of God our Father, who knows our names and recognizes our deepest needs.

All: We believe that Christ is the only begotten Son of the living God, and that His grace is like living waters that can never be exhausted. 

One: We believe in the birthing, renewing, enabling Spirit of God who yearns over our welfare as a mother yearns for her child.

All: We believe that God is in the arid desert as well as in green pastures, and that hard times and disciplines are also loving gifts.

One: We believe that our journey has a purpose and a destination, and that our path leads to a glory we cannot yet imagine.

The Lord's Prayer's Boldness on Palm Sunday


(3) Covenant Community



Sermon Scriptures | John 12:12-19

Sermon Video Recommendation |


Sermon Questions + Invitations |

1) Where do I sense most stress happening in my life? 
Christ, come reign here.

2) What practices is this season calling me to engage in? 
Christ, come reign here.

3) Where do I have significant gaps? 
Christ, come reign here.

4) Where am I called to lead others? 
Christ, come reign here.

5) Which practices might help me to help others? 
Christ, come reign here.
 
(4) Christ



Christ has died. Christ is risen! Christ will come again!

Mercy
Matt Redman, 2013 A.D.

I will kneel in the dust at the foot of the Cross
Where mercy paid for me.
Where the wrath I deserve, it is gone, it has passed.
Your blood has hidden me.

Mercy, mercy, as endless as the sea.
I'll sing Your hallelujah for all eternity.


We will lift up the cup and the bread we will break,
Remembering Your love.
We were fallen from grace, but You took on our shame
and nailed it to a Cross.
(Chorus)

May I never lose the wonder, O, the wonder of Your mercy!
May I sing Your hallelujah, hallelujah, Amen!

(5) Church



All the People Said Amen
Matt Maher, 2013 A.D.

You are not alone, if you are lonely,
When you're feeling frail, you're not the only.
We are all the same, in need of mercy, to be forgiven and free.
It's all you got to lean on but, thank God, it's all you need!

And all the people said "Amen!"
Woah, and all the people said "Amen!"
Give thanks to the Lord for His love never ends,
And all the people said "Amen!"


If your rich or poor, well it don't matter.
Weak or strong, we know love is what we're after.
We're all broken, but we're all in this together.
God knows we stumble and fall
And He so loved the world He sent His Son to save us all!
(Chorus)

Blessed are the poor in spirit who are torn apart!
Blessed are the persecuted and the pure in heart!
Blessed are the people hungry for another start
For this is the Kingdom, the Kingdom of God!
(Chorus)

(6) New Creation


Benediction 

May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you 
until He returns to make all things new.

Lectionary Readings
 

To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment