Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Lenten Gospel Message | Luke 16:19-31: The God Who Helps


Lenten Gospel Message: Luke 16:19-31: The God Who Helps (Minute Mark 40:00 - 1:09:00)

 Be still my soul, the Lord is on your side. Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain; leave to your God to order and provide; in every change, He will remain. … Be still my soul, the hour is hastening on when we shall be forever with the Lord, when disappointment, grief, fear are gone, sorrows forgot, love's joys restored. + Katherine A. von Schlegel, "Be Still My Soul," 1752 A.D.


Story of God Liturgy Flow | Creation, Crisis, Covenant Community, Christ, Church, (New) Creation


(1) Creation


Call to Worship

One: Let us join our voices to praise the spotless Lamb, Jesus Christ, who has redeemed us from sin and death.

All: We, whom He has redeemed, will sing praises and shout for joy this hour.

One: Because in Christ the Lamb we have redemption through
His blood, the forgiveness of our sins in accordance with the riches
of His grace. Let us praise Him by saying ... 

All: Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise! To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb we give worship this hour and forever and ever. Amen.

Death Was Arrested
NP InsideOut, 2017 A.D.

Alone in my sorrow and dead in my sin,
Lost without hope with no place to begin.
Your love made a way to let mercy come in
When death was arrested and my life began.

Ash was redeemed, only beauty remains.
My orphan heart was given a name.
My mourning grew quiet, my feet rose to dance
When death was arrested and my life began!

Oh, Your grace so free washes over me,
You have made me new, now life begins with You!
It's your endless love pouring down on us,
You have made us new, now life begins with You!


Released from my chains, I'm a prisoner no more.
My shame was a ransom He faithfully bore.
He cancelled my debt and He called me His friend
When death was arrested and my life began! (Chorus)

Our Savior displayed on a criminal's cross.
Darkness rejoiced as though heaven had lost.
But then Jesus arose with our freedom in hand;
That's when death was arrested and my life began!
(Chorus + Bridge)

Oh, we're free, free, forever we're free!
Come join the song of all the redeemed!
Yes, we're free, free, forever, amen,
When death was arrested and my life began! (Repeat Bridge)


(2) Crisis


Prayer of Confession + Assurance | 

Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on us sinners ...

Our World Belongs to God (34)

One: In our world, where many journey alone, nameless in the bustling crowd, Satan and his evil forces seek whom they may scatter and isolate; but God, by His gracious choosing in Christ, gathers a new community—those who by 
God’s gift put their trust in Christ.

All: In the new community all are welcome:
the homeless come home, the broken find healing,
the sinner makes a new start, the despised are esteemed,
the least are honored, and the last are first.
Here the Spirit guides and grace abounds.
Thanks be to God.

Be Still My Soul
Katharina A. von Schlegel, 1752 A.D.

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to your God to order and provide;
In every change, He will remain.

Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
To guide the future, as in ages past.
Your hope, your mind, your will let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrows forgot, love's joys restored.

Be still my soul! (repeat) And praise Him! (repeat)

(3) Covenant Community


Sermon Video | The God Who Helps (Minute Mark 40:00-1:09:00)

Sermon Scriptures | Luke 16:19-31

Sermon Quote |

Instagram: Please see me 
Facebook: Please like me 
Snapchat: Please notice me
Tinder: Please want me 
Twitter: Please follow me … 

To whom can we go? … 

Jesus: I see you. I like you. I notice you. I want you. 
Come follow Me and I will give you what no other can … rest. 

+ Rev. David Fairchild
 
(4) Christ



Christ has died. Christ is risen! Christ will come again!

Mercy
Matt Redman, 2013 A.D.

I will kneel in the dust at the foot of the Cross
Where mercy paid for me.
Where the wrath I deserve, it is gone, it has passed.
Your blood has hidden me.

Mercy, mercy, as endless as the sea.
I'll sing Your hallelujah for all eternity.


We will lift up the cup and the bread we will break,
Remembering Your love.
We were fallen from grace, but You took on our shame
and nailed it to a Cross.
(Chorus)

May I never lose the wonder, O, the wonder of Your mercy!
May I sing Your hallelujah, hallelujah, Amen!

(5) Church


All the People Said Amen
Matt Maher, 2013 A.D.

You are not alone, if you are lonely,
When you're feeling frail, you're not the only.
We are all the same, in need of mercy, to be forgiven and free.
It's all you got to lean on but, thank God, it's all you need!

And all the people said "Amen!"
Woah, and all the people said "Amen!"
Give thanks to the Lord for His love never ends,
And all the people said "Amen!"


If you're rich or poor, well it don't matter.
Weak or strong, we know love is what we're after.
We're all broken, but we're all in this together.
God knows we stumble and fall
And He so loved the world He sent His Son to save us all!
(Chorus)

Blessed are the poor in spirit who are torn apart!
Blessed are the persecuted and the pure in heart!
Blessed are the people hungry for another start
For this is the Kingdom, the Kingdom of God!
(Chorus)

(6) New Creation


Benediction 

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God the Father, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Go in the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ until He returns to make all things new.

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment