Monday, November 23, 2020

Special Ordination Mass + Message | Matthew 13:51-53: Jesus Invites Us to Bring Out Treasures New & Old

 


" ... Today we celebrate God’s gift of faithful servant leadership for His people. ... (In them) we see the love of Christ for His people. As the Lord of the Church, Jesus appoints servant leaders to govern in His name and to promote the spiritual well-being of His people. By His Spirit He equips these leaders so that believers may grow in faith, develop disciplined Christian living, serve others in selfless love, and share with all the Good News of salvation. ... And Jesus Christ taught us the spirit of true leadership when He said, 'Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave—just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many' (Matthew 20:26-28). … "

Ordination Mass + Homily Video | Jesus Invites Us to Bring Out Treasures New & Old

Homily Scriptures | Matthew 13:51-53


Homily Ad | Burberry 2020 "Singin' in the Rain" (2 minutes)

CRC Form for Ordination | Liturgy for Elders and Deacons

Call to Worship | Psalm 139:16-17; 2 Corinthians 4:6-7


All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are Your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! ... For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 


Trading My Sorrows
Darrel Evans, 1998 A.D.

I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my shame,
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord. (Repeat)

And we sing "Yes, Lord,
Yes, Lord, yes, yes, Lord! ... 3x ... Amen!"

I'm pressed, but not crushed, persecuted, not abandoned,
Struck down, but not destroyed!
I am blessed beyond the curse for His promise will endure
That His joy is going to be my strength!

Though the sorrows may last for the night,
His joy comes with the morning!

The Everlasting God
William Murphy, 2016 A.D.

The Lord is my Light and salvation.
Whom shall I fear?
Of whom shall I be afraid? (x2)

I will wait on You, I will wait on You.
I will trust in You, I will trust in You.

I will remain confident in this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord. (x2)

We set our hope on You,
We set our hope on Your love,
We set our hope on the One
Who is the everlasting God!
You are the everlasting God!
You are the everlasting! (x3)

Look and See
Village Church, 2012 A.D.

To Him be the glory for all He has done!
Praise to the Father who gave us His Son!
A ransom for many, He bled and died
Then rose in victory enthroned on high!

To Him be the glory in heaven and earth,
All of creation is shouting His worth.
The saints and the angels all live to proclaim
The wonderful story, the glorious name.

Oh look and see our God and celebrate
The power of the cross and the empty grave!
And now we're free, let the redeemed
Lift up your heads, oh look and see our God!

To Him be the glory, He's coming again
And all of the sadness will come to an end!
Oh what a reunion, the Bride and her King!
Forever we'll praise Him, forever we'll sing! (Chorus)

Glory, glory to our God!

Benediction based on 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.


To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment