Sunday, September 20, 2020

Gospel of Matthew 12:46-50 Message | Jesus Expands + Makes Room in the Family of God to Include You

 


Jesus has made a way to welcome you home. 

Look I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.

The Kingdom Is Yours
Common Hymnal, 2017 A.D.

Blessed are the ones who do not bury
All the broken pieces of their heart.
Blessed are the tears of all the weary
Pouring like a sky of falling stars.

Blessed are the wounded ones in mourning,
Brave enough to show the Lord their scars.
Blessed are the hurts that are not hidden,
Open to the healing touch of God.

The Kingdom is Yours, the Kingdom is yours,
Hold on a little more, this is not the end.
Hope is in the Lord, keep your eyes on Him.


Blessed are the ones who walk in kindness
Even in the face of great abuse.
Blessed are the deeds that go unnoticed,
Serving with unguarded gratitude.

Blessed are the ones who fight for justice,
Longing for the coming day of peace.
Blessed is the soul that thirsts for righteousness,
Welcoming the last, the lost, the least. (Chorus)

Blessed are the ones who suffer violence
And still have strength to love their enemies.
Blessed is the faith of those who persevere.
Though they fall, they'll never know defeat.

Grace Alone
Dustin Kensrue, 2013 A.D.

I was an orphan lost at the Fall,
Running away when I'd hear Your call,
But Father, You worked Your will.
I had no righteousness of my own,
I had no right to draw near Your throne,
But Father, You loved me still.
And in love before You laid the world's foundation,
You predestined to adopt me as Your own.
You have raised me up so high above my station.
I'm a child of God by grace and grace alone.

You left Your home to seek out the lost,
You knew the great and terrible cost,
But Jesus, Your face was set.
I worked my fingers down to the bone,
Nothing I did could ever atone,
But Jesus, You paid my debt.
By Your blood, I have redemption and salvation,
Lord, You died that I might reap what You have sown;
And You rose that I might be a new creation,
I am born again by grace and grace alone.

I was in darkness all of my life,
I never knew the day from the night,
But Spirit, You made me see.
I swore I knew the way on my own,
Head full of rocks, a heart made of stone,
But Spirit, You moved in me.
At Your touch my sleeping spirit was awakened,
On my darkened heart the light of Christ has shone.
Called into a Kingdom that cannot be shaken,
Heaven's citizen by grace and grace alone.

So I'll stand in faith by grace and grace alone!
I will run the race by grace and grace alone!
I will slay my sin by grace and grace alone!
I will reach the end by grace and grace alone!


All the People Said Amen
Matt Maher, 2013 A.D.

You are not alone, if you are lonely,
When you're feeling frail, you're not the only.
We are all the same, in need of mercy, to be forgiven and free.
It's all you got to lean on but, thank God, it's all you need!

And all the people said "Amen!"
Woah, and all the people said "Amen!"
Give thanks to the Lord for His love never ends,
And all the people said "Amen!"


If your rich or poor, well it don't matter.
Weak or strong, we know love is what we're after.
We're all broken, but we're all in this together.
God knows we stumble and fall
And He so loved the world He sent His Son to save us all!
(Chorus)

Blessed are the poor in spirit who are torn apart!
Blessed are the persecuted and the pure in heart!
Blessed are the people hungry for another start
For this is the Kingdom, the Kingdom of God!
(Chorus)

Benediction based on Matthew 25:14-30

Go in the peace and power of Christ. Love and care for
one another and your neighbors in Jesus’ name, and may
God bless you with every gift needful for His work. May the
Spirit grant you the willingness to risk yourself completely
for the sake of the Gospel, and may hope and faith in Jesus
dwell richly within you until He makes all things new. Amen.


To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment