Sunday, June 14, 2020

FB Live Weekend Message | If God Is for Us: Walking the Romans Road w/ Jesus Together

If God Is for Us Cover by Trillia Newbell

" ... When the Son sets free, you are free indeed, you’re a child of God, yes, you are! In our Father’s house, there’s a place for you, you’re a child of God, yes, you are! You are chosen, not forsaken, you are who God says you are! He is for you, not against you ... " + Who You Say I Am


Romans Intro Message | If God Is for Us: Walking the Romans Road w/ Jesus

Romans Bible Project Illustration and Introduction | The Story of God | Bible Project Romans Reconciliation Theme (7+ Minutes)

Humble Beast | More Than Music Story Video

Sermon Scriptures | 

Romans 1:16: For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. ... 2:4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of His kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you all to repentance? ... 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. ... 4:16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. ... 5:10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life! ... 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. ... 7:25 Thanks be to God who delivers us!

MLK's Last Speech on April 3, 1968 | I've Seen the Mountaintop Excerpt (3+ Minutes)

In accordance with state and national authorities, we are looking to return to the front lawn of the Fusion Center at 30 Tyler Prentice Road on Saturday, July 11. More details to come. In the meantime, we are still gathering every Saturday at 4:30 p.m. EST via Emmaus City Church Facebook Live. The liturgy with links to songs will be posted Saturday morning on our Facebook page beforehand. We would love for you to join with us! Also, you can contact us at info@emmauscitychurch.com.

Call to Worship from Genesis 12:2-3

... through you all nations will be blessed.

Prayers of Confession + Assurance Based on Ephesians 2:12-14

Lord Jesus, each of us in our sin have tried to live without You and each other, foreign to Your promises to bless all nations into Your family. Forgive us for forgetting and rebelling. But now in You, our Christ and Savior, together, we are brought near by Your blood because You are our peace. Jesus, You tore down the dividing wall of hostility in Your flesh on the cross. Tear down our hostility in our hearts and in our nation again.

The Rock Won't Move
Vertical Church Band, 2013 A.D.

When the ground beneath my feet gives way,
And I hear the sound of crashing waves, 
All my world is washing out to sea. 
I'm hidden safe in the God who never moves,
Holding fast to the promise of the Truth
That You are holding tighter still to me.

The Rock won't move and His word is strong,
The Rock won't move and His love can't be undone! (Repeat) ... 
The Rock of our Salvation!

My hope is in the promise of Your blood,
My support within the raging flood, 
Even in the tempest, I can sing! 
I'm hidden safe in the God who never moves,
Holding fast to the promise of Your Truth
That You are holding tighter still to me! (Chorus)

Woah, Woah, Woah, the Rock of our salvation!

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand,
The Rock won't move, the Rock won't move!
When darkness seems to hide His face, I rest on His unchanging grace, 
The Rock won't move, the Rock won't move! (Chorus
Hillsong, 2014 A.D.

All these pieces broken and scattered, 
In mercy gathered, mended and whole 
Empty-handed, but not forsaken
I've been set free, I've been set free!

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound 
That saved a wretch like me!
Oh, I once was lost, but now I'm found 
Was blind but now I see!

You take our failure, You take our weakness, 
You set Your treasure In jars of clay.
So take this heart, Lord, I'll be Your vessel, 
The world to see Your life in me! (Chorus)

Oh, I can see it now, oh, I can see the love in Your eyes 
Laying Yourself down, raising up the broken to life. 

Who You Say I Am

Hillsong, 2018 A.D. 

Who am I that the highest King would welcome me?
I was lost but He brought me in, oh, His love for me!
Oh, His love for me!

Who the Son sets free, oh, is free indeed!
I'm a child of God, Yes, I am!
In my Father's house there's a place for me,
I'm a child of God, Yes I am!

Free at last, He has ransomed me. His grace runs deep.
While I was a slave to sin, Jesus died for me. 
Yes, He died for me! (Chorus)

I am chosen, not forsaken! I am who You say I am!
You are for me, not against me, I am who You say I am!



People & Songs, 2017 A.D.

Your eyes are on the lowly though others look away.
Your feet run to the broken, Your hands are quick to save.
Make us like You, Lord.

You walk with the forgotten and offer them a home,
Adopting the unwanted and calling them Your own.
Make us like You, Lord!

O give us Your heart, O give us Your heart!
Let the light of heaven shine as we step into the dark!
O give us Your heart, O give us Your heart!
All to see the Kingdom come and death depart,
O give us Your heart! O give us Your heart!

(Repeat 2nd Verse + Chorus)

Let justice flow like a river in the desert,
Let the nations know that You will reign forever
As the Earth beholds the glory of the Savior,
Let justice flow! (Repeat + Chorus)

O give us Your heart, O give us Your heart!
Let the light of heaven shine as we step into the dark!
O give us Your heart, O give us Your heart!
Let the light of heaven shine as we step into the dark!
O give us Your heart, O give us Your heart!
All to see Your Kingdom come and death depart,
O give us Your heart! O give us Your heart! 

Pass the Peace | In the Story of God, Jesus declared, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you" (John 14:26) during humanity's darkest, most tragic weekend of His death. And then after Jesus was crucified and resurrected, defeating evil and death, He said, "Peace be with you ... Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:21-22). Somehow, with Jesus, peace is possible even in our darkest moments. During this time, we desire to share with each other peace that passes understanding, empowered by the Spirit of Christ.

The peace of the Lord by always with you.

Benediction from Ephesians 2:18-22


Through Jesus we all have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then go into the world as witnesses, fellow citizens with the saints, and members of God’s household together, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as our cornerstone. In Him the whole building of us being put together grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In Him we are being built together for God’s dwelling in the Spirit to go into all the world to share the Gospel, this ministry of reconciliation. The grace and peace of Christ be with you always in the Holy Spirit.




To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment