Sunday, May 24, 2020

Christ Over the Coronavirus Eastertide FB Live Video + Liturgy | Jesus' Triumph Over Our Troubles

Christus Victor by Sword & Pencil


“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” + Jesus


Sermon Video + Audio | Jesus' Triumph Over Our Troubles

+ Jesus Acknowledges Our Troubles: “ … In this world you will have trouble … “ 
+ Jesus Embraces Us in Our Troubles: “ … I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace …  
+ Jesus Triumphs Over Our Troubles: “ … take heart! I have overcome the world.” 

Sermon Scriptures | John 16:33

In accordance with state and national authorities, we will wait to return to the Fusion Center at 30 Tyler Prentice Road sometime later this spring or summer. In the meantime, we are still gathering every Saturday at 4:30 p.m. EST via Emmaus City Church Facebook Live. The liturgy with links to songs will be posted Saturday morning on our Facebook page beforehand. We would love for you to join with us! Also, you can contact us at info@emmauscitychurch.com.

Call to Worship Psalm 34:1-8

The Everlasting God
William Murphy, 2016 A.D.

The Lord is my Light and salvation.
Whom shall I fear? Of whom shall I be afraid? (x2)

I will wait on You, I will wait on You.
I will trust in You, I will trust in You.

I will remain confident in this: 
I will see the goodness of the Lord. (x2)

We set our hope on You, we set our hope on Your love,
We set our hope on the One who is the everlasting God!
You are the everlasting God! You are the everlasting! (x3)

All Praise 
Sean Curran & Steffany Gretzinger, 2019 A.D.

Every breath, it is a gift, every moment is a treasure,
All my past and my regrets, my present and my future.
Every table is a feast, every heartbeat is an altar,
Every step a mystery, I'm walking with the Author.

So I fix my eyes upon You, I fix my eyes upon You.
I fix my eyes upon You, I fix my eyes ...
All praise, all praise! Heaven bent to meet us,
Father, Son, and Spirit!
All praise, all praise! God and man together,
One with us forevermore.


In famine, we will eat, in drought, we'll see a downpour.
So let all our fighting cease,
The Prince our Peace has conquered!
(Chorus)

Why should my heart grow weary?
Don't be so downcast, O my soul!
You are in every moment,
You are my greatest miracle! (Repeat 3x)

Jesus I Come (written in Worcester, MA)
William T. Sleeper, 1887 A.D.

Out of my bondage, sorrow and night,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into Thy freedom, gladness, and light,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of my sickness, into Thy health,
Out of my wanting and into Thy wealth,
Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of my shameful failure and loss,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into the glorious gain of Thy cross,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of earth’s sorrows, into Thy balm,
Out of life’s storms and into Thy calm,
Out of distress into jubilant psalm,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of unrest and arrogant pride,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into Thy blessed will to abide,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of myself to dwell in Thy love,
Out of despair, into raptures above,
Upward for aye on wings like a dove,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Tremble
Mosaic MSC, 2017 A.D.

Peace, bring it all to peace,
The storm surrounding me,
Let it break at Your name.
Still, call the sea to still,
The rage in me to still
Every wave at Your name.

Jesus, Jesus, You make the darkness tremble.
Jesus, Jesus, You silence fear.
Jesus, Jesus, You make the darkness tremble.
Jesus, Jesus.


Breathe, call these bones to live
Call these lungs to sing
Once again, I will praise …
(Chorus 2x)

Your name is a light that the shadows can't deny!
Your name cannot be overcome!
Your name is alive forever lifted high!
Your name cannot be overcome!
(Chorus)

Prayers of Confession + Assurance Based on Hebrews 12:14-16

Pass the Peace | In the Story of God, Jesus declared, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you" (John 14:26) during humanity's darkest, most tragic weekend of His death. And then after Jesus was crucified and resurrected, defeating evil and death, He said, "Peace be with you ... Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:21-22). Somehow, with Jesus, peace is possible even in our darkest moments. During this time, we desire to share with each other peace that passes understanding, empowered by the Spirit of Christ.

The peace of the Lord by always with you.

Benediction adapted from Isaiah 43:1-3


Do not be afraid, for Jesus has redeemed you; He has called you by your name, you are His through life, and death, and life after deah. When you go through the deepest waters and great trouble, He will be with you. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned; the flames will not consume you for He is yours, and you are His. For Jesus is the Lord, our God, our Savior. He is risen! He is risen indeed! Amen.



To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment