Sunday, December 1, 2019

The Shamelessly Bold + Persistent Prayer + Sunday, November 24 w/ Genesis Community Church

Luke 11:1-13: The Shamelessly Bold + Persistent Prayer Sunday, November 24 w/ Genesis

Sermon Video + Audio | The Shamelessly Bold + Persistent Prayer
Sermon Scriptures | Luke 11:1-13
Sermon Points | 

1) Luke 11:1-4: King Jesus' Prayer Fills Us to Pour Out

+ Our Father, Hallowed name (Identity): Increase capacity for God, less focus on self; name: child of God
+ Your Kingdom, Will (Purpose): Seek His Kingdom instead of building our castles, our will nails Jesus to cross
+ Give Bread (Security): Seek mercy, justice to relieve other struggles, not hoard; generosity, simplicity, dependency
+ Forgive (Community): Stop quarreling, conflict avoidance, release debts, set others free, give up right to be right
+ Lead Out & Deliver (Freedom & Peace): Overcome defeatedness, challenges, tempted not to forgive, give

2) Luke 11:5-13: King Jesus' Prayer Brings Pentecostal Provision for Witness 

+ Our Father (Galatians 4:6): Because we are His children, God sent Spirit of His Son into hearts, crying, “Abba!”
+ Hallowed name (John 16:14-15a): Holy Spirit … will take from what is mine and declare it to you.
+ Kingdom come (Romans 14:7): The Kingdom of God is … righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
+ Daily bread (Luke 11:3, 5, 13): Friend, lend me three loaves of bread … Holy Spirit
+ Forgive Us (Hebrews 4:12, Ephesians 6:17): Word of God is piercing, … sword of Spirit is Word of God. (70x7)
+ Lead Not into Temptation, Deliver from Evil (Galatians 5:16-17, 22): Walk by the Spirit and you will not do what sinful nature desires.


3) King Jesus' Prayer is Communal + Commissional

+ Our Father in heaven: How do You want this person to know the assurance of Your love today?
+ Your Kingdom come, will be done: What will it look like for Kingdom to be revealed in person’s life today?
+ Give us today our daily bread: What specific provision are You pouring out on this person today?
+ Forgive us as we also have forgiven: What are Your words of grace to this person today?
+ Lead us not into temptation: What is the right path You have laid out for this person to walk today.
+ Deliver us from the evil one: How can I pray Your protection over this person today?


Songs of Worship | 

The River Is Wild
Genesis Worship, 2017 A.D.

This river is wild and dangerous when
The currents of mercy are pulling me in.
The streams of forgiveness flow with Your blood,
I don't need safety when I drown in Your love.

The valley of shadows is wrought with despair,
Dry bones and stone hearts are wandering there;
But the river runs wild with life from the East,
I don't need safety when I'm swept up in peace.

This river is wild with love!
Your love's overwhelming me!
This river is wild with hope!
There's no place I'd rather be!
(Repeat Verses 1 + 2 & Chorus)

The death of the desert, the scorch of its heat,
The hope of enduring is burnt in defeat 
Yet still runs a river that quenches the thirst.
I don't need safety if in You I'm submerged.

The gales of Your glory blow strong with Your joy.
The breeze of salvation is warmed with Your voice.
The wild flowing river propelled by the this wind, 
I don't need safety when You welcome me in.
(Chorus)

The mountain of Zion, Christ glorified,
The songs of the saints are filling the sky, 
The river runs wild right from to the throne,
I don't need safety when I'm finally home.

King of Kings
Hillsong, 2019 A.D.

In the darkness we were waiting
Without hope without light,
Till from heaven You came running
There was mercy in Your eyes.
To fulfill the law and prophets
To a virgin came the Word
From a throne of endless glory
To a cradle in the dirt.

Praise the Father, Praise the Son,
Praise the Spirit, three-in-one!
God of glory, Majesty,
Praise forever to the King of kings!

To reveal the Kingdom coming
And to reconcile the lost;
To redeem the whole creation,
You did not despise the cross.
For even in Your suffering,
You saw to the other side.
Knowing this was our salvation,
Jesus, for our sake You died. (Chorus)

And the morning that You rose,
All of heaven held its breath
Till that stone was moved for good,
For the Lamb had conquered death.
And the dead rose from their tombs,
And the angels stood in awe,
For the souls of all who’d come
To the Father are restored!
And the Church of Christ was born,
Then the Spirit lit the flame!
Now this Gospel Truth of old
Shall not kneel shall not faint.
By His blood and in His Name,
In His freedom I am free
For the love of Jesus Christ
Who has resurrected me! (Chorus)

Pat Barrett, 2017 A.D.

Holy Spirit, guide my vision, 
Help me see the way You see 
Always Jesus, ever Jesus, 
Christ in all as Christ in me. 

Holy Spirit, guide my speaking, 
Words of grace and Truth abound. 
Let my lips be filled with stories 
Of the mercy that I've found. 

You’re the light, You’re my path, 
You’re the shepherd of my soul! 
All I am, all I have, 
Holy Spirit, lead me on! 

Holy Spirit, guide my hearing, 
Wake my ears to words You speak. 
In the thunder, in the stillness, 
Let Your voice be clear to me.
(Chorus)

Holy Spirit, lead me onward, 
Walking through the great unknown. 
Trusting, leaning, holding, clinging, 
Till the day You lead me home.
(Chorus)

Sean Curran, 2019 A.D.

Every breath, it is a gift. 
Every moment is a treasure, 
All my past and my regrets, 
My present and my future. 

Every table is a feast, 
Every heartbeat is an altar,
Every step a mystery, 
I’m walking with the Author. 

So I fix my eyes upon You, 
I fix my eyes upon You! 
I fix my eyes upon You,
I fix my eyes ... 
All praise, all praise! 
Heaven bent to meet us, 
Father, Son, and Spirit! 
All praise, all praise, 
God and man together, 
One with us forevermore! 

In famine we will eat, 
In drought we’ll see a downpour. 
So let all our fighting cease, 
The Prince, our Peace has conquered.
(Chorus)

Why should my heart grow weary? 
Don’t be so downcast, O my soul. 
You are in every moment, 

No comments:

Post a Comment