Thursday, January 19, 2017

Abide in Jesus Series: Jesus is Our Gift and Our Goal + Saturday, January 14, 2017




Welcome! Bienvenido! Akwaaba! Mirë se vjen! خوش آمدید

Bem-vindos! 歡迎光臨!
 
We have the privilege to love and serve this city as His Church – His family of servants and ambassadors – in multicultural communities who are learning how to humbly follow Jesus in every area of life, to graciously love our neighbors, and to generously serve our city for the glory of God and for the life of the world.


Emmaus City welcomes you and invites you to hear and respond to the gospel, the history-altering, world-changing, life-transforming good news that Jesus is King – our Savior, Healer, Redeemer, Reconciler, Champion, Friend – and that He is bringing the joy and justice of God's Kingdom to Worcester.

Bible Passages | John 15:1-11; 1 Corinthians 1:30

You Are Most Yourself When United to Christ

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me (Gal. 2:20)." Paul is unusually personal here because he wants it to be utterly personal for you. He wants you too to be able to say, "I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

And Christ dwelling in us by His Spirit is a guarantee that we can and will change. We are adopted into God's family, and not in name only. The Spirit in us now guides and forms us more and more into the family likeness. The same Christ who overcame every temptation and was perfectly obedient – that Jesus is in you now. The Jesus who had compassion on the crowds and who healed the sick – that Jesus in you. The humble Jesus who led as a servant, who washed His disciples' feet – He's in you. The Jesus who repeatedly shattered racial barriers with His teachings and in His life – that Jesus is in you. The Jesus who suffered and loved to the end – He dwells in you. And the Jesus who was raised to new life – that Jesus is living in you right now!


Christ in us now labors to make us more human, not less, and that's a good thing. And all this happens without obliterating you as you. You are precious and unique – God dreamed up the one and only you and knit you together Himself – but He created you to be united to Him. You are most yourself when united to Christ. And union with Christ means the reality of knowing God and living in communion with Him doesn't begin when you die. Eternal life begins in this life when Christ joins His life to yours (John 17:3). We can begin to experience heaven in our lives here and now.


Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church


Jesus’ Prayer for His Disciples

Matthew 6:9-13

Our Father in heaven, 
May Your name be kept holy.
May Your Kingdom come.
May Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we have forgiven those
Who sin against us.
And don’t let us
Yield to temptation,
But rescue us
From the evil one.
(For Yours is the Kingdom,
The power and the glory forever. Amen.)

Look and See
By The Village Church
2012 A.D.

To Him be the glory

For all He has done!
Praise to the Father
Who gave us His Son!
A ransom for many,
He bled and died
Then rose in victory
Enthroned on high!

To Him be the glory
In heaven and earth,
All of creation
Is shouting His worth.
The saints and the angels,
All live to proclaim
The wonderful story,
The glorious name.

Oh look and see
Our God and celebrate
The power of the cross
And the empty grave!
And now we're free,
Let the redeemed lift up your heads,
Oh look and see our God!

To Him be the glory,
He's coming again
And all of the sadness 
Will come to an end!
Oh what a reunion,
The Bride and her King!
Forever we'll praise Him,
Forever we'll sing!
(Chorus)

Glory, glory to our God!

By Sovereign Grace Music
2011 A.D.

Prepare our hearts, O God,
Help us to receive.
Break the hard and stony ground,
Help our unbelief.
Plant Your Word down deep in us,
Cause it to bear fruit.
Open up our ears to hear
Lead us in Your truth.

Show us Christ, 
Show us Christ!
O God,
Reveal Your glory

Through the preaching
Of Your Word

Until every heart confesses
Christ is Lord!

Your Word is living light
Upon our darkened eyes,
Guards us through temptations
Makes the simple wise.
Your Word is food
For famished ones,
Freedom for the slave,
Riches for the needy soul;
Come speak to us today.
(Chorus)

Where else can we go, Lord,
Where else can we go?
You have the words of eternal life!
(Chorus)


Abide in Me
By Urban Doxology
2012 A.D.

Abide in Me,
Take rest in Me,
Apart from Me,
You can do nothing
.
It is My will
That you bear much fruit.
Abide in Me,
Take rest in Me
There’s work to do!

I am the Vine,
You are the branches.
You’re qualified to be a blessing.
You are the clay,
I am the Potter.
Through you,
I will do great things!
(Chorus and Verse)


Receive your strength,
Rejoice for I’m preparing you,
I’m renewing you
To bear much fruit.
Take your rest in Me,
Receive your strength.
Rejoice for I’m preparing you.
I’m renewing you
To bear much fruit.
Take your rest in Me!
(Chorus)

By Chris Tomlin
2011 A.D.

Lord, I come, I confess,
Bowing here I find my rest.
Without You I fall apart.
You're the One that guides my heart.

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You,
Every hour I need You;My one defense,
My righteousness,
Oh God, how I need You!

Where sin runs deep, 
Your grace is more.
Where grace is found is
Where You are.
And where You are,
Lord, I am free,
Holiness is Christ in me!
(Chorus)

Teach my song to rise to You.
When temptation comes my way,
And when I cannot stand, I'll fall on You.
JesusYou're my hope and stay.
(Chorus)

(Climb This Mountain)
By United Pursuit Band
2010 A.D.

I lean not on 
My own understanding,
My life is in the hands
Of the Maker of Heaven.

I give it all to You, God, 
Trusting that You'll make
Something beautiful out of me!

I will climb this mountain 
With my hands wide open,
I will climb this mountain
With my hands wide open!

There is nothing I hold on to,
There is nothing I hold on to,
There is nothing I hold on to,
There is nothing I hold on to!

By S. Trevor Francis
1875 A.D.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus
Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free
Rolling as a mighty ocean
In its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me,
Is the current of Thy love!
Leading onward, leading homeward
To Thy glorious rest above!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus
Spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth,
Changeth never, nevermore!
Over me, over me,
Pour Your deep, deep love
Over me!
How He watches o’er His loved ones,
Died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth,
Watcheth o’er them from the throne!
(Refrain)

O the deep, deep love of Jesus
Love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean full of blessing,
’Tis a haven giving rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
’Tis a heaven of heavens to me;
And it lifts me up to glory,
For it lifts me up to Thee!

The Word Made Flesh: 
Christology Statement
Based on Nicene Creed,
Definition of Chalcedon
325 A.D., 451 A.D.

We confess the mystery and wonder
of God made flesh
and rejoice in our great salvation
through Jesus Christ our Lord.

With the Father and the Holy Spirit,
the Son created all things,
sustains all things,
and makes all things new.
Truly God,
He became truly man,
two natures in one person.

He was born of the Virgin Mary
and lived among us.
Crucified, dead, and buried,
He rose on the third day,
ascended to heaven,
and will come again
in glory and judgement.

For us,
He kept the Law,
atoned for sin,
and satisfied God’s wrath.
He took our filthy rags
and gave us
His righteous robe.

He is our Prophet, Priest, and King,
building His Church,
interceding for us,
and reigning over all things.
Jesus Christ is Lord;
we praise His holy Name forever.
Amen.


Benediction

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. + Ephesians 3:20-21

+ Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment