Wednesday, November 9, 2016

1 Thessalonians Series: The End is Near (And It's Truly Good) + Saturday, November 5, 2016





Previous posts in 1 Thessalonians series:

1 Thessalonians 1 and Acts 17:1-10: The History-Altering, World-Changing, Life-Transforming Good News
1 Thessalonians 2:1-16: Bold and Gentle
1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:13: A Father's Love and Longing
1 Thessalonians 3:11-4:12: The Will of God: His Love and Holiness Abounding in You


Welcome! Bienvenido! Akwaaba! Mirë se vjen! خوش آمدید

Bem-vindos! 歡迎光臨!
 
We have the privilege to love and serve this city as His Church – His family of servants and ambassadors – in multicultural communities who are learning how to humbly follow Jesus in every area of life, to graciously love our neighbors, and to generously serve our city for the glory of God and for the life of the world.


Emmaus City welcomes you and invites you to hear and respond to the gospel, the history-altering, world-changing, life-transforming good news that Jesus is King – our Savior, Healer, Redeemer, Reconciler, Champion, Friend – and that He is bringing the joy and justice of God's Kingdom to Worcester.

Bible Passages | 1 Thessalonians 4:10-5:11


Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church


Jesus’ Prayer for His Disciples

Matthew 6:9-13

Our Father in heaven, 
May Your name be kept holy.
May Your Kingdom come.
May Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we have forgiven those
Who sin against us.
And don’t let us
Yield to temptation,
But rescue us
From the evil one.
(For Yours is the Kingdom,
The power and the glory forever. Amen.)


By Stuart Townend
2007 A.D.

Comepeople of the Risen King,
Who delight to bring Him praise.
Come, all and tune your hearts to sing
To the Morning Star of grace.
From the shifting shadows of the earth
We will lift our eyes to Him,
Where steady arms of mercy reach
To gather children in.


Rejoice! Rejoice! 
Let every tongue rejoice!
One heart, one voice,
O Church of Christ, rejoice!


Come, those whose joy is morning sun
And those weeping through the night.
Come, those who tell of battles won,
And those struggling in the fight.
For His perfect love will never change,
And His mercies never cease,
But follow us through all our days
With the certain hope of peace.
(Chorus)


Come, young and old from every land,
Men and women of the faith.
Come, those with full or empty hands,
Find the riches of His grace.
Over all the world, His people sing,
Shore to shore we hear them call
The Truth that cries through every age;
"Our God is all in all!"
(Chorus)


Look and See
By The Village Church
2012 A.D.

To Him be the glory

For all He has done!
Praise to the Father
Who gave us His Son!
A ransom for many,
He bled and died
Then rose in victory
Enthroned on high!

To Him be the glory
In heaven and earth,
All of creation
Is shouting His worth.
The saints and the angels,
All live to proclaim
The wonderful story,
The glorious name.

Oh look and see
Our God and celebrate
The power of the cross
And the empty grave!
And now we're free,
Let the redeemed lift up your heads,
Oh look and see our God!

To Him be the glory,
He's coming again
And all of the sadness 
Will come to an end!
Oh what a reunion,
The Bride and her King!
Forever we'll praise Him,
Forever we'll sing!
(Chorus)

Glory, glory to our God! 

By Indelible Grace
Original by Charles Wesley
1742 A.D.

Arise, my soul, arise,
Shake off your guilty fears;
The bleeding sacrifice
On my behalf appears;
Before the throne my Surety stands,
Before the throne my Surety stands,
My name is written on His hands!

Arise (arise), arise (arise), arise
Arise, my soul, arise!
Arise (arise), arise (arise), arise
Arise, my soul, arise!
Shake off your guilty fears and rise!

He ever lives above 
For me to intercede;
His all redeeming love,
His precious blood, to plead; 
His blood atoned for every race,
His blood atoned for every race,
And sprinkles now the throne of grace!
(Chorus)

Five bleeding wounds He bears;
Received on Calvary;
They pour effectual prayers;
They strongly plead for me:
"Forgive him, O forgive," they cry,
"Forgive him, O forgive," they cry,
"Nor let that ransomed sinner die!"
 (Chorus)

The Father hears Him pray,
His dear anointed One;
He cannot turn away        
The presence of His Son;
The Spirit answers to the blood,
The Spirit answers to the blood,
And tells me I am born of God.
(Chorus)

My God is reconciled;
His pardoning voice I hear;
He owns me for His child;
I can no longer fear.
With confidence I now draw nigh,
With confidence I now draw nigh,
And "Father, Abba, Father," cry! 
(Chorus)

By Planetshakers
2013 A.D.


By His stripes we are healed,
By His nail-pierced hands we're free.
By His blood, we're washed clean,
Now we have the victory.

The power of sin is broken,
Jesus overcame it all.
He has won our freedom,
Jesus has won it all. 

Hallelujah, 
You have won the victory!
Hallelujah, 
You have won it all for me!
Death could not hold You down!
You are the risen King
Seated in majesty,
You are the risen King!

Our God is risen!
He is alive!
He's won the victory!
He reigns on high!

This is Amazing Grace!
By Phil Wickham
2013 A.D.

Who breaks the power 

Of sin and darkness?
Whose love is mighty
And so much stronger?
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!

Who shakes the whole earth
With holy thunder?
And leaves us breathless
In awe and wonder?
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!

This is amazing grace,
This is unfailing love,
That You would take my place,
That You would bear my cross!
You lay down Your life
That I would be set free!
Jesus, I sing for
All that You've done for me!

Who brings our chaos 
Back into order?
Who makes the orphan
A son and daughter?
The King of Glory,
The King of Glory!

Who rules the nations
With truth and justice,
Shines like the sun in
All of its brilliance!
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!
(Repeat Chorus)

By Ike Ndolo

2013 A.D.


My bones are weak in me

And my eyes are closed
Because of what they've seen.

I'm stuck in smoke and fire

And it's getting hard to breathe.

My spirit chokes in me

And now I cannot stand,

I'm on my knees.

Hope is coming again!
Come on down to the riverside!
Come on down and get baptized!
Come on down to the riverside
'Cause we've got to die
To make it out alive.



This water brings me life,

Renews my soul

And returns my sight.

My heart was cold as ice

But you made it beat again.

My days had turned to night

But You called my name

And gave me back the Light.

You're bringing hope back again!
(Chorus)
I've seen the sum of my tragedies,
Cripple me,
So come and set me free!

'Cause everyone needs a remedy

Love can bring,
Let it wash us clean!
(Chorus)
ApostlesCreed
390 A.D.

believe in God
the Father Almighty
Creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, 
His only begotten Son, 
our Lord.
Who was conceived 
By the Holy Spirit, and
Born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate; 
Was crucified, dead, and buried.
He descended to hell; 
The third day 
He rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven, 
And is seated at the right hand of 
God the Father Almighty
From there He will come to judge 
The living and the dead.
believe in the Holy Spirit, 
The holy catholic Church, 
The communion of saints, 
The forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body 
And the life everlasting. Amen.

Benediction


Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole 
spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it. + 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Next post: 1 Thessalonians Series: 
Jesus' Church Grows Beautiful Together as His Grace Fuels Our Ceaseless Efforts + Saturday, November 12, 2016

 Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment