Wednesday, October 12, 2016

1 Thessalonians Series: The Will of God: His Love and Holiness Abounding in You + Saturday, October 8, 2016



Previous posts in 1 Thessalonians series:


1 Thessalonians 1 and Acts 17:1-10: The History-Altering, World-Changing, Life-Transforming Good News 
1 Thessalonians 2:1-16: Bold and Gentle
1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:13: A Father's Love and Longing 


Welcome! Bienvenido! Akwaaba! Mirë se vjen! خوش آمدید

Bem-vindos! 歡迎光臨!
 
We have the privilege to love and serve this city as His Church – His family of servants and ambassadors – in multicultural communities who are learning how to humbly follow Jesus in every area of life, to graciously love our neighbors, and to generously serve our city for the glory of God and for the life of the world.


Emmaus City welcomes you and invites you to hear and respond to the gospel, the history-altering, world-changing, life-transforming good news that Jesus is King – our Savior, Healer, Redeemer, Reconciler, Champion, Friend – and that He is bringing the joy and justice of God's Kingdom to Worcester.

Bible Passages | 1 Thessalonians 3:11-4:12


Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church


Jesus’ Prayer for His Disciples

Matthew 6:9-13

Our Father in heaven, 
May Your name be kept holy.
May Your Kingdom come.
May Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we have forgiven those
Who sin against us.
And don’t let us
Yield to temptation,
But rescue us
From the evil one.
(For Yours is the Kingdom,
The power and the glory forever. Amen.)

Doxology
By Page CXVI
Original by Thomas Ken
1674 A.D.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures here below.
Praise Him above ye heavenly host.
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Glory to Thee my God this night
For all the blessings of the light.
Keep me, O keep me King of kings
Under the shadow of Thy wings.

Lord, let my soul forever share
The bliss of Thy paternal care.
‘Tis heav’n on earth, ‘tis heav’n above
To seek Thy face and sing Thy love.
Amen, amen.

Original by Keith Getty and 
Stuart Townend
2001 A.D.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
'Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied,
For every sin on Him was laid,
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain.
Then bursting forth in glorious Day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine,
Bought with the precious blood of Christ!

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands our destiny!
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand!
'Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand!

By Sojourn Music
Original by Isaac Watts
2009 A.D.; Early 1700s A.D.

Let me hear my Savior say
“Your strength shall return.”
Then I’ll rejoice in my weakness
As I lean on Your grace, 
As I lean on Your grace.

May Your power rest on me.
You are strong when I am weak.
I can bear all things 
When temptation springs
For You sustain me all my days.

Let me know my Savior’s face.
Let my hope be secure.
Then I’ll rejoice in my weakness
As I lean on Your grace, 
As I lean on Your grace.
(Repeat Chorus)

Once from the Lord withdrawn
I thought that I could live my life alone.
Leaving the solid ground, 
I sank beneath His wisdom.
The harder I tried to climb, 
The closer I was to find
How great is my weakness.

(Repeat Chorus)

Though the trial still goes on, 
Your grace will be my song!
For I can bear all things 
When temptation springs
For You sustain me all my days.

This We Believe (The Creed) 
By Hillsong 
(Based on Apostles' Creed
390 A.D.

Our Father everlasting,
The all creating One,
God Almighty.
Through Your Holy Spirit
Conceiving Christ the Son,
Jesus our Savior.


Chorus 1
believe in God our Father,
believe in Christ the Son,
believe in the Holy Spirit,
Our God is three in one!
believe in the resurrection,
That we will rise again,
For I believe in the name of Jesus!

Our Judge and our Defender,
Suffered and crucified,
Forgiveness is in You.
Descended into darkness,
You rose in glorious life,
Forever seated high!


Chorus 2
We believe in God our Father,

We believe in Christ the Son,
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
Our God is three in one!
We believe in the resurrection,
That we will rise again,
For we believe in the name of Jesus!

We believe in life eternal,
We believe in the virgin birth,
We believe in the saint's communion
And in Your holy Church!
We believe in the resurrection
When Jesus comes again
For we believe in the name of Jesus!


(Repeat Chorus 2)

By Ike Ndolo
2012 A.D.

The dark is groaning,
The tomb is reaching out.
Oh, but they can't have me!
Oh, but they can't have me!
The crows are circling,
The jackal waits in the dark.
Oh, but they can't have me!
Oh, but they can't have me!


I belong to the 
Land of the rising Sonwhere the grave is no more,The war has been won!I belong to the Land of the rising Son,I belong to You, I belong!

The world is in my bones,
It makes me wrestle with You.
Oh, but You have claimed me!
Oh, but You have claimed me!

No matter how far I've gone,
Even to the devil's table.
Oh, my God, You've claimed me!
Oh, my God, You've claimed me!


(Chorus Repeat)

Through my wandering,
And my failing,
And my doubting, I belong!
Through the fire,
And the darkness,
Through the sadness, I belong!
I'm just a rebel,
Who's tired of fighting,
So I'm laying down these arms.
The sun is rising, the sun is rising,
The sun is rising!

(Chorus Repeat) 

Belgic Confession Article 24
1561 A.D.

We believe that this true faith,
produced in us by the hearing of God’s Word
and by the work of the Holy Spirit,
regenerates us and makes us new creatures, 
58
causing us to live a new life 59
and freeing us from the slavery of sin. ...

So then, it is impossible
for this holy faith to be unfruitful in a human being,
seeing that we do not speak of an empty faith
but of what Scripture calls
“faith working through love,” 60

which moves us to do by ourselves
the works that God has commanded
in the Word.


Benediction


Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole 
spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it. + 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Next post: 1 Thessalonians Series: The End is Near (And It's Truly Good) + Saturday, November 5, 2016

 Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment