Wednesday, October 5, 2016

1 Thessalonians Series: A Father's Love and Longing + Saturday, October 1, 2016

 

Previous posts in 1 Thessalonians series:

1 Thessalonians Series: The History-Altering, World-Changing, Life-Transforming Good News + Saturday, September 10, 2016
1 Thessalonians Series: Bold and Gentle + Saturday, September 17 

Welcome! Bienvenido! Akwaaba! Mirë se vjen! خوش آمدید

Bem-vindos! 歡迎光臨!
 
We have the privilege to love and serve this city as His Church – His family of servants and ambassadors – in multicultural communities who are learning how to humbly follow Jesus in every area of life, to graciously love our neighbors, and to generously serve our city for the glory of God and for the life of the world.


Emmaus City welcomes you and invites you to hear and respond to the gospel, the history-altering, world-changing, life-transforming good news that Jesus is King – our Savior, Healer, Redeemer, Reconciler, Champion, Friend – and that He is bringing the joy and justice of God's Kingdom to Worcester.

Bible Passages | 1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:13


Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church


Jesus’ Prayer for His Disciples

Matthew 6:9-13

Our Father in heaven, 
May Your name be kept holy.
May Your Kingdom come.
May Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we have forgiven those
Who sin against us.
And don’t let us
Yield to temptation,
But rescue us
From the evil one.
(For Yours is the Kingdom,
The power and the glory forever. Amen.)

We Have Come (Bless the Lord)
By Will Reagan and United Pursuit Band
2010 A.D. 

We have come to give You glory!
We have come to give You praise!

You’re welcome in this place!
You’re welcome in this place!
You’re welcome in this place!

Have Your way, have Your way,
Have Your way!

Bless the Lord, oh my soul,
And let all that’s within me shout out!

It’s only You we want.


This is Amazing Grace
By Phil Wickham
2013 A.D.

Who breaks the power 
Of sin and darkness?
Whose love is mighty
And so much stronger?
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!

Who shakes the whole earth
With holy thunder?
And leaves us breathless
In awe and wonder?
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!

This is amazing grace,
This is unfailing love,
That You would take my place,
That You would bear my cross!
You lay down Your life
That I would be set free!
Jesus, I sing for
All that You've done for me!

Who brings our chaos 
Back into order?
Who makes the orphan
A son and daughter?
The King of Glory,
The King of Glory!

Who rules the nations
With truth and justice,
Shines like the sun in
All of its brilliance!
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!

(Repeat Chorus)

1995 A.D.

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure,
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory.

Behold the man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders;
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call our among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life,
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything,
No gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart -
His wounds have paid my ransom!

This We Believe (The Creed) 
By Hillsong 
(Based on Apostles' Creed
390 A.D.

Our Father everlasting,
The all creating One,
God Almighty.
Through Your Holy Spirit
Conceiving Christ the Son,
Jesus our Savior.


Chorus 1
believe in God our Father,
believe in Christ the Son,
believe in the Holy Spirit,
Our God is three in one!
believe in the resurrection,
That we will rise again,
For I believe in the name of Jesus!

Our Judge and our Defender,
Suffered and crucified,
Forgiveness is in You.
Descended into darkness,
You rose in glorious life,
Forever seated high!


Chorus 2
We believe in God our Father,

We believe in Christ the Son,
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
Our God is three in one!
We believe in the resurrection,
That we will rise again,
For we believe in the name of Jesus!

We believe in life eternal,
We believe in the virgin birth,
We believe in the saint's communion
And in Your holy Church!
We believe in the resurrection
When Jesus comes again
For we believe in the name of Jesus!


(Repeat Chorus 2)
By Bethel Music
2013 A.D.

God I look to You 
And I won’t be overwhelmed.
Give me vision
To see things like You do.

God I look to You,
You’re where my help comes from.
Give me wisdom,
You know just what to do.

And I will love You, 
Lord, my Strength!
And I will love You,
Lord, my Shield!
And I will love You,
Lord, my Rock!
Forever all my days,
I will love You, God!

Hallelujah! Our God reigns!
Forever all my days, Hallelujah!

Look and See
By The Village Church
2012 A.D.

To Him be the glory 
For all He has done!
Praise to the Father Who gave us His Son!
A ransom for many, He bled and died
Then rose in victory
Enthroned on high!

To Him be the glory
In heaven and earth,
All of creation
Is shouting His worth.
The saints and the angels,
All live to proclaim
The wonderful story,
The glorious name.

Oh look and see
Our God and celebrate
The power of the cross
And the empty grave!
And now we're free,
let the redeemed lift up your heads,
Oh look and see our God!

To Him be the glory,
He's coming again
And all of the sadness 
Will come to an end!
Oh what a reunion,
the Bride and her King!
Forever we'll praise Him,
Forever we'll sing!

(Repeat chorus)

Glory, glory to our God!
Glory, glory to our God!

Heidelberg Catechism
Q&A 26, 1563 A.D.

Q. What do you believe when you say,
“I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth”?

A. That the eternal Father 
of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who out of nothing
created heaven and earth
and everything in them, 1
who still upholds and rules them
by His eternal counsel and providence, 2
is my God and Father
because of Christ the Son. 3
I trust God so much
that I do not doubt
He will provide whatever I need
for body and soul, 4
and will turn to my good
whatever adversity He sends upon me
in this sad world. 5
God is able to do this
because He is almighty God 6
and desires to do this
because He is a faithful Father. 7


Benediction


Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole 
spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it. + 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Next post: 1 Thessalonians Series: The Will of God: His Love and Holiness Abounding in You + Saturday, October 8, 2016

 Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment