Saturday, February 13, 2021

Pre-Lent Deeply Formed Life Message + Mass @ Home | Galatians 4:19: Christ Formed in Us

 


One is transformed by saying yes again and again to Christ’s self-giving, poured-out, redemptive love. We receive it and are to be formed by it. + Rich Villodas, The Deeply Formed Life


Story of God Liturgy Flow | Creation, Crisis, Covenant Community, Christ, Church, (New) Creation


(1) Creation


Call to Worship | Psalm 50:1-3 + Our World Belongs to God (35)

The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks; He summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting. From Zion, the perfection of beauty, God appears in radiance. Our God is coming; He will not be silent!

One: The Church is the fellowship of those who confess Jesus as Lord.
All: She is the bride of Christ, His chosen partner, loved by Jesus and loving Him: delighting in His presence, seeking Him prayer
—silent before the mystery of His love.

S. Trevor Francis, 1875 A. D.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus! Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free, 
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me.
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love;
Leading onward, leading homeward, to Thy glorious rest above.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus! Spread His praise from shore to shore; 
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore;
How He watches o'er His loved ones, died to call them all His own; 
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o'er them from the throne.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus! Love of ev'ry love the best: 
'Tis an ocean vast of blessing, 'tis a haven sweet of rest.
O the deep, deep love of Jesus! 'Tis a heav'n of heav'ns to me; 
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee.

(2) Crisis


Prayer of Confession + Assurance | 
Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me, a sinner ...   
All: Most merciful God, we confess that we have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved You with our whole heart; we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. We humbly repent. For the sake of Your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on us and forgive us that we may delight in Your will and walk in Your ways to the glory of Your Name until Your Kingdom comes fully on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.
(We turn to Jesus) He will wipe away every tear from our eyes and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore for the former things have passed away. And He who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new ... these words are trustworthy and true.” + Revelation 21:4-5
(3) Covenant Community


Sermon Video | Christ Formed In Us

Sermon Scriptures | Galatians 4:19 (Isaiah 42:14, 16)

(4) Christ



Christ has died. Christ is risen! Christ will come again!

Hillsong United, 2019 A.D.

Who am I that the highest King would welcome me?
I was lost but He brought me in, oh, His love for me! 
Oh, His love for me!

Who the Son sets free, oh, is free indeed! 
I'm a child of God, Yes, I am! 
In my Father's house there's a place for me, 
I'm a child of God, Yes I am!

Free at last, He has ransomed me. His grace runs deep. 
While I was a slave to sin, Jesus died for me.
Yes, He died for me! (Chorus)

I am chosen, not forsaken, I am who You I say I am! 
You are for me, not against me, I am who You say I am!

(5) Church


Anonymous, 1811 A.D.

What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this that caused the Lord of bliss
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul,
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul.

When I was sinking down, sinking down, sinking down,
When I was sinking down, sinking down,
When I was sinking down beneath God’s righteous frown,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul, for my soul,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul.

To God and to the Lamb, we will sing, we will sing;
To God and to the Lamb we will sing.
To God and to the Lamb who is the great “I Am”;
While millions join the theme, we will sing, we will sing;
While millions join the theme, we will sing.

O how high, O how wide, O how deep is Your love!
O my soul, set on fire by Your wondrous love for us!

And when from death we're free, we'll sing on, we’ll sing on;
And when from death we're free, we’ll sing on.
And when from death we're free, we’ll sing and joyful be,
And through eternity we’ll sing on, we’ll sing on,
And through eternity we’ll sing on!
(Repeat Bridge)

(6) New Creation


Benediction 

May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you 
until He returns to make all things new.

Lectionary Readings
 

To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Helpful links for Lent 2021:


Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment