Monday, September 7, 2020

Gospel of Matthew 12:22-37 Message | Jesus? Jesus! When the Kingdom of God Comes Upon You



 

By the Spirit of God ... the Kingdom of God has come upon you. + Jesus, Matthew 12:28



City Alight, 2018 A.D.

What gift of grace is Jesus my Redeemer!
There is no more for heaven now to give.
He is my joy, my righteousness, and freedom,
My steadfast love, my deep and boundless peace.
To this I hold, my hope is only Jesus, 
For my life is wholly bound to His.
Oh how strange and divine, I can sing: all is mine! 
Yet not I, but through Christ in me!

The night is dark but I am not forsaken
For by my side, the Savior He will stay.
I labor on in weakness and rejoicing for in my need, 
His power is displayed.
To this I hold, my Shepherd will defend me,
Through the deepest valley He will lead.
Oh the night has been won, and I shall overcome!
Yet not I, but through Christ in me!

No fate I dread, I know I am forgiven.
The future sure, the price it has been paid.
For Jesus bled and suffered for my pardon
And He was raised to overthrow the grave.
To this I hold, my sin has been defeated, 
Jesus now and ever is my plea!
Oh the chains are released, I can sing: I am free!
Yet not I, but through Christ in me!

With every breath I long to follow Jesus
For He has said that He will bring me home;
And day by day I know He will renew me
Until I stand with joy before the throne.
To this I hold, my hope is only Jesus, 
All the glory evermore to Him!
When the race is complete, still my lips shall repeat:
Yet not I, but through Christ in me!

Surrounded (Fight My Battles)
Upper Room, 2018 A.D.

There’s a table that You’ve prepared for me
In the presence of my enemies.
It’s Your body and Your blood You shed for me.
This is how I fight my battles … (Repeat 1st Verse)

And I believe You’ve overcome
And I will lift my song of praise for what You’ve done.
(Repeat Chorus 6x)

In the valley I know that You’re with me
And surely Your goodness and Your mercy follow me.
So my weapons are praise and thanksgiving.
This is how I fight my battles …

It may look like I’m surrounded, 
But I’m surrounded by You!

Elevation Worship, 2016 A.D.

The head that once was crowned with thorns
Is crowned with glory now.
The Savior knelt to wash our feet, now at His feet we bow.
The One who wore our sin and shame
Now robed in majesty.
The radiance of perfect Love now shines for all to see.

Your name, Your name is victory!
All praise will rise to Christ our King!
(Repeat)

The fear that held us now gives way to Him who is our peace.
His final breath upon the cross is now alive in me. (Chorus + Bridge)

By Your Spirit I will rise from the ashes of defeat,
The resurrected King is resurrecting me!
In Your name I come alive to declare Your victory,
The resurrected King is resurrecting me! (3x)


The tomb where soldiers watched in vain
Was borrowed for three days.
His body there would not remain,
Our God has robbed the grave.
Our God has robbed the grave! (Chorus + Bridge)

Benediction based on Matthew 25:14-30


Go in the peace and power of Christ. Love and care for
one another and your neighbors in Jesus’ name, and may
God bless you with every gift needful for His work. May the
Spirit grant you the willingness to risk yourself completely
for the sake of the Gospel, and may hope and faith in Jesus
dwell richly within you until He makes all things new. Amen.




To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment