Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Ever Ancient Ever New | Psalm 127: The Master Builder w/ Pastor Tra'Vorus Weaver




Psalm 127 insists on a perspective in which our work is at the perimeter and God's work is at the center. As long as He is at the center, our universe will run well. But the moment we put ourselves at the center, the orbits of everything around us are set on a collision course. ... We are invited to participate in His acts of love and service for the life of the world that He provides for us in His story of creation and redemption. + Eugene Peterson 


Sermon Audio | The Master Builder

Sermon Scriptures | Psalm 127

Call to Worship Matthew 7:24-25
24 Jesus said, "Everyone who hears these
words of Mine and acts on them will be
like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
25 The rain fell, the rivers rose, and the winds blew
and pounded that house. Yet it didn’t collapse,
because its foundation was on the rock.


Relentless
Hillsong, 2012 A.D.

Salvation sounds a new beginning
As distant hearts begin believing.
Redemption's bid is unrelenting,
Your love goes on, Your love goes on!

You carry us, carry us when the world gives way!
You cover us, cover us with Your endless grace!
Your love is relentless (x4)!


The time is up for chasing shadows,
You gave the world the Light to follow,
A hope that shines beyond tomorrow,
Your love goes on, Your love goes on! (Chorus)

Tearing through the veil of darkness,
Breaking every chain, You set us free!
Fighting for the furthest heart You gave
Your life for all to see!

You carry us, carry us (Your love is relentless)!
You cover us, cover us (Your love is relentless)!


Awesome
C. Jenkins & Fellowship Chicago, 2013 A.D.

My God is awesome, He can move mountains,
Keep me in the valley, hide me from the rain.

My God is awesome, heals me when I'm broken,
Strength where I've been weakened,
Forever He will reign!

My God is awesome, awesome
Awesome, awesome! (Repeat)


My God is awesome, Savior of the whole world
Giver of salvation, by His stripes I'm healed.
My God is awesome, today I am forgiven,
His grace is why I'm living, praise His holy name!
(Chorus)

He's mighty (holy, worthy ...),
He's mighty, He's mighty, He's mighty,
Awesome, awesome!

Establish the Work of Our Hands
The Porter's Gate, 2017 A.D.

If You don't build it, we labor in vain.
Without Your Spirit, we stand with no strength.
I know my life is passing away,
But the works of Your hands are what will remain.

Let the favor of the LORD rest upon us!
Oh LORD, establish the work of our hands!
Oh LORD, establish the work of our hands!


Teach us to number the length of our days.
Pour out Your power, we'll pour out Your praise.
Teach us to run, to finish the race,
For only what's done in love will remain. (Chorus)

Al-le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia! (Repeat)

You Said
Shane & Shane, 2002 A.D.

You said, "Ask and you will receive
whatever you need."
You said, "Pray and I'll hear from heaven,
and I'll heal your land."

You said Your glory will fill the earth
like water the sea.
You said, "Lift up your eyes;
the harvest is here, the Kingdom is near."

You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you."
Oh Lord, that's the cry of my heart!
Distant shores and the islands will see
Your Light as He rises on us!

Jesus Loves Me + How He Loves Medley
A.B. Warner & Crowder, 1862 A.D., 2009 A.D.

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me ... (3x)
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me, He who died
Heaven's gate to open wide.
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child comes in. (Chorus)

He loves us, oh, how He loves us!
Oh, how He loves us! Oh, how He loves!

Prayers of Confession and Assurance

One: King Jesus, You are the Creator and Redeemer.
You are the Master Builder of our lives. We turn again
from our self-focused and self-dependent striving to
resting in only what You can do to renew and restore ...

Congregational Prayers

One: And now we pray together, Jesus, as You taught us to pray ...


All: Our Father who is in heaven, hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil for Thine is the
Kingdom and the power and the glory
now and forever. Amen.


Pass the Peace | In the Story of God, Jesus declared, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you" (John 14:26) during humanity's darkest, most tragic weekend of His death. And then after Jesus was crucified and resurrected, defeating evil and death, He said, "Peace be with you ... Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:21-22). Somehow, with Jesus, peace is possible even in our darkest moments. During this time, we desire to share with each other peace that passes understanding, empowered by the Spirit of Christ.

The peace of the Lord by always with you.
And also with you.

Prayers of Preparation for Eucharist
Matthew 26:26-291 Corinthians 11:23-26

Prayer Asking for Jesus' Help
Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me. I want to see. Please reveal to me who You are. Give me ears to hear You, and understanding for the Good News You are saying to me today. Amen.

Prayer for Communion with Jesus and Each Other
Jesus, by Your Spirit, fill us with Yourself, the true Bread and Vine. We turn to You now to unite us, strengthen us, and empower us to be Your Kingdom family of servants and witnesses together until You return and make all things new. Amen.


Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again. 
Jesus, dying, You destroyed our death.
Rising, You restored our life.
Lord Jesus, come in glory! 

Heidelberg Catechism Q&A 1
1563 A.D.

Q. What is your only comfort and hope
in life and death?

A. That I am not my own, 1
but belong with body and soul,
both in life and in death, 2
to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ. 3
He has fully paid for all my sins
with His precious blood, 4
and has set me free
from all the power of the devil. 5
He also preserves me in such a way 6
that without the will of my heavenly Father
not a hair can fall from my head; 7
indeed, all things must work together
for my salvation. 8
Therefore, by His Holy Spirit
He also assures me
of eternal life 9
and makes me heartily willing and ready
from now on to live for Him. 10


1. 1 Cor 6:19, 20.
2. Rom 14:7-9.
3. 1 Cor 3:23; Tit 2:14.
4. 1 Pet 1:18, 19; 1 Jn 1:7; 2:2.
5. Jn 8:34-36; Heb 2:14, 15; 1 Jn 3:8.
6. Jn 6:39, 40; 10:27-30; 2 Thess 3:3; 1 Pet 1:5.
7. Mt 10:29-31; Lk 21:16-18.
8. Rom 8:28.
9. Rom 8:15, 16; 2 Cor 1:21, 22; 5:5; Eph 1:13, 14.
10. Rom 8:14.

Benediction: 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely,
and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it.


Emmaus City Church is a local church made up of Micro City Groups.

A Micro City Group (CG) is a growing group that begins with 3+ people – children, women, and men included – who are befriending, serving, and loving a community together in Jesus' name in Worcester. Micro CGs start small enough that people can know you and value you, but seek to grow large enough (10-30 people) to make an impact in communities throughout Worcester. Each CG gets together throughout a month (i.e. dinners, times of prayer or learning from the Story of God in the Bible, acts of service, parties, etc.) to see Worcester become a city of neighbors and friends that showcase Jesus' love and compassion to all. Those who are cautious or curious to hear and see what it means to follow Jesus are just as welcome as those who believe Jesus is Lord and God and seek to follow Him in every area of life.

Current Micro City Groups: W.R.A.P. | Fellow Travelers | YMCA | Freedom City | Westside Welcome 

To connect with one of the City Groups above, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment