Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Ecclesiastes Series | Will We Be in Awe of the Nails that Were Firmly Fixed? (Eccles. 12:9-14) + Easter Holy Saturday, April 20






One greater than Solomon is here. Jesus on the cross is somehow the axis mundi, the center of wisdom upon which the cosmos turns. 


Sermon Audio | Ecclesiastes: Will We Be in Awe of the Nails that Were Firmly Fixed?
Sermon Scriptures | Ecclesiastes 12:9-14
Sermon Series Album | Beyond Control by Kings Kaleidoscope

Christ the Lord is Risen Today (He Is Not Dead)
Charles Wesley, 1739 A.D.

Christ the Lord is ris'n today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing ye heavens and earth reply, Alleluia!

Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where O death is now thy sting, Alleluia!
Dying once He all doth save, Alleluia!
Where thy victory Oh grave, Alleluia!

He is not dead, He is alive!
We have this hope in Jesus Christ!


Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids Him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like Him, like Him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!

The Anthem 
Planetshakers, 2013 A.D.

By His stripes we are healed,
By His nail-pierced hands we're free.
By His blood, we're washed clean,
Now we have the victory.

The power of sin is broken,
Jesus overcame it all.
He has won our freedom,
Jesus has won it all.

Hallelujah, You have won the victory!
Hallelujah, You have won it all for me!
Death could not hold You down!
You are the risen King seated in majesty,
You are the risen King!

Death Was Arrested
NP InsideOut, 2017 A.D.

Alone in my sorrow and dead in my sin,
Lost without hope with no place to begin.
Your love made a way to let mercy come in
When death was arrested and my life began.

Ash was redeemed, only beauty remains.
My orphan heart was given a name.
My mourning grew quiet, my feet rose to dance
When death was arrested and my life began!

Oh, Your grace so free washes over me,
You have made me new, now life begins with You!
It's your endless love pouring down on us
You have made us new, now life begins with You!


Released from my chains, I'm a prisoner no more.
My shame was a ransom He faithfully bore.
He cancelled my debt and He called me His friend
When death was arrested and my life began! (Chorus)

Our Savior displayed on a criminal's cross.
Darkness rejoiced as though heaven had lost.
But then Jesus arose with our freedom in hand;
That's when death was arrested and my life began! (Chorus)

Oh, we're free, free, forever we're free!
Come join the song of all the redeemed!
Yes, we're free, free, forever, amen,
When death was arrested and my life began!
(Repeat Bridge)

I Surrender
Hillsong United, 2012 A.D.

Here I am down on my knees again
Surrendering all, surrendering all.
Find me here, Lord, as You draw me near
I’m desperate for You, desperate for You.
(I surrender.)

Drench my soul as mercy and grace unfold
I hunger and thirst, I hunger and thirst.
With arms stretched wide, I know You hear my cry.
Speak to me now, speak to me now.

I surrender, I surrender.
I wanna know You more, I wanna know You more.
(x2)

Like a rushing wind, Jesus breathe within!
Lord have Your way, Lord have Your way in me!
Like a mighty storm, stir within my soul!
Lord have Your way, Lord have Your way in me! (x2)

Resurrecting 
Elevation Worship, 2016 A.D.

The head that once was crowned with thorns
Is crowned with glory now.
The Savior knelt to wash our feet
Now at His feet we bow.
The One who wore our sin and shame
Now robed in majesty.
The radiance of perfect love
Now shines for all to see.

Your name, Your name is victory!
All praise will rise to Christ our King!
(Repeat)

The fear that held us now gives way
To Him who is our peace.
His final breath upon the cross
Is now alive in me. (Chorus)

By Your spirit I will rise from the ashes of defeat,
The resurrected King is resurrecting me!
In Your name I come alive to declare your victory,
The resurrected King is resurrecting me! (3x)

The tomb where soldiers watched in vain
Was borrowed for three days.
His body there would not remain,
Our God has robbed the grave.
Our God has robbed the grave! (Chorus + Bridge)

Look and See 
Village Church, 2012 A.D.

To Him be the glory for all He has done!
Praise to the Father who gave us His Son!
A ransom for many, He bled and died
Then rose in victory enthroned on high!

To Him be the glory in heaven and earth,
All of creation is shouting His worth.
The saints and the angels all live to proclaim
The wonderful story, the glorious name.

Oh look and see our God and celebrate
The power of the cross and the empty grave!
And now we're free, let the redeemed
Lift up your heads, oh look and see our God!


To Him be the glory, He's coming again
And all of the sadness will come to an end!
Oh what a reunion, the Bride and her King!
Forever we'll praise Him, forever we'll sing!
(Chorus)

Glory, glory to our God!

Apostles' Creed | 390 A.D.

I believe in God the Father almighty,

Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,

who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary.

suffered under Pontius Pilate, 

was crucified, dead, and buried;

He descended to hell.

The third day He rose again!

He ascended to heaven

and is seated at the right hand
of God the Father almighty;
from there He shall come
to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the holy catholic* Church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins, 

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting. Amen.

*Catholic stands for Jesus' Church
"according to the whole,"
across time, cultures, and nations,
that He established and continues to build
by His grace, truth, and resurrection power.


Corporate Prayer of Confession and Assurance
Silent Congregational Prayers

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil for Thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory now and forever. Amen.

Prayers of Preparation for Eucharist
Matthew 26:26-291 Corinthians 11:23-26

Prayer Asking for Jesus' Help
Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me.
I want to see. Please reveal to me who You are.
Give me ears to hear You, and understanding for
the Good News You are saying to me today. Amen.

Prayer for Communion with Jesus and Each Other
Jesus, by Your Spirit, fill us with Yourself,
the true Bread and Vine. We turn to You now to
unite us, strengthen us, and empower us
to be Your Kingdom family of servants and witnesses
together until You return and make all things new. Amen. 


Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church

Benediction based on Psalm 130:5-7; Ecclesiastes 3:11a; Isaiah 33:17

Wait for the LORD and in His Word put your hope. God has made everything beautiful in its time. Your eyes will behold the king in his beauty; they will see a land that stretches afar. Go with the grace and peace of Jesus, the King of kings.

Emmaus City Church is a local church made up of City Groups.

City Group (CG) is a group of 10-30 people – children, women, and men included – who are befriending, serving, and loving a community together in Jesus' name in Worcester. CGs are small enough that people can know you and value you, but large enough to make an impact in communities throughout Worcester. Each CG gets together throughout a month (i.e. dinners, times of prayer or learning from the Story of God in the Bible, acts of service, parties, etc.) to see Worcester become a city of neighbors and friends that showcase Jesus' love and compassion to all. Those who are cautious or curious to hear and see what it means to follow Jesus are just as welcome as those who believe Jesus is Lord and God and seek to follow Him in every area of life.

Current City Groups: Lincoln Street City Group | W.R.A.P. City Group

To connect with one of the City Groups above, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com


Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment