Wednesday, September 21, 2016

1 Thessalonians Series: Bold and Gentle + Saturday, September 17, 2016

 

Previous post in 1 Thessalonians series:

1 Thessalonians Series: The History-Altering, World-Changing, Life-Transforming Good News + Saturday, September 10, 2016

Welcome! Bienvenido! Akwaaba! Mirë se vjen! خوش آمدید

Bem-vindos! 歡迎光臨!
 
We have the privilege to love and serve this city as His Church – His family of servants and ambassadors – in multicultural communities who are learning how to humbly follow Jesus in every area of life, to graciously love our neighbors, and to generously serve our city for the glory of God and for the life of the world.


Emmaus City welcomes you and invites you to hear and respond to the gospel, the history-altering, world-changing, life-transforming good news that Jesus is King – our Savior, Healer, Redeemer, Reconciler, Champion, Friend – and that He is bringing the joy and justice of God's Kingdom to Worcester.

Bible Passages | 1 Thessalonians 2:1-16


Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church


Jesus’ Prayer for His Disciples

Matthew 6:9-13

Our Father in heaven, 
May Your name be kept holy.
May Your Kingdom come.
May Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we have forgiven those
Who sin against us.
And don’t let us
Yield to temptation,
But rescue us
From the evil one.
(For Yours is the Kingdom,
The power and the glory forever. Amen.)

By Ike Ndolo
2012 A.D.

The dark is groaning,
The tomb is reaching out.
Oh, but they can't have me!
Oh, but they can't have me!
The crows are circling,
The jackal waits in the dark.
Oh, but they can't have me!
Oh, but they can't have me!

I belong to the land of the rising Son
Where the grave is no more,
The war has been won!
I belong to the land of the rising Son,
I belong to You, I belong!

The world is in my bones,
It makes me wrestle with You.
Oh, but You have claimed me!
Oh, but You have claimed me!
No matter how far I've gone,
Even to the devil's table.
Oh, my God, You've claimed me!
Oh, my God, You've claimed me!

(Chorus Repeat)

Through my wandering,
And my failing,
And my doubting, I belong!
Through the fire,
And the darkness,
Through the sadness, I belong!
I'm just a rebel,
Who's tired of fighting,
So I'm laying down these arms.
The sun is rising, the sun is rising,
The sun is rising!

(Chorus Repeat) 

We Have Come (Bless the Lord)
By Will Reagan and United Pursuit Band
2010 A.D. 

We have come to give You glory!
We have come to give You praise!

You’re welcome in this place!
You’re welcome in this place!
You’re welcome in this place!

Have Your way, have Your way,
Have Your way!

Bless the Lord, oh my soul,
And let all that’s within me shout out!

It’s only You we want.
By Bethel Music
2013 A.D.

God I look to You 
And I won’t be overwhelmed.
Give me vision
To see things like You do.

God I look to You,
You’re where my help comes from.
Give me wisdom,
You know just what to do.

And I will love You, 
Lord, my Strength!
And I will love You,
Lord, my Shield!
And I will love You,
Lord, my Rock!
Forever all my days,
I will love You, God!

Hallelujah! Our God reigns!
Forever all my days, Hallelujah!

The Rock Won't Move
By Vertical Church Band
Original by Edward Mote
2013 A.D.; 1834 A.D.


When the ground beneath my feet gives way,
And I hear the sound of crashing waves,
All my world is washing out to sea.
I'm hidden safe in the God who never moves,
Holding fast to the promise of the truth
That You are holding tighter still to me.


The Rock won't move and His word is strong,
The Rock won't move and His love can't be undone!
The Rock won't move and His word is strong,
The Rock won't move and His love can't be undone,
The Rock of our Salvation!

My hope is in the promise of Your blood,
My support within the raging flood,
Even in the tempest, I can sing!
I'm hidden safe in the God who never moves,
Holding fast to the promise of Your truth
That You are holding tighter still to me!


(Chorus repeat)

Woah, Woah, Woah, the Rock of our salvation!

On Christ the Solid Rock we stand,
All other ground is sinking sand,
The Rock won't move, the Rock won't move!
When darkness seems to hide His face,
We rest on His unchanging grace,
The Rock won't move, the Rock won't move!


Look and See
By The Village Church
2012 A.D.

To Him be the glory 
For all He has done!
Praise to the Father Who gave us His Son!
A ransom for many, He bled and died
Then rose in victory
Enthroned on high!

To Him be the glory
In heaven and earth,
All of creation
Is shouting His worth.
The saints and the angels,
All live to proclaim
The wonderful story,
The glorious name.

Oh look and see
Our God and celebrate
The power of the cross
And the empty grave!
And now we're free,
let the redeemed lift up your heads,
Oh look and see our God!

To Him be the glory,
He's coming again
And all of the sadness 
Will come to an end!
Oh what a reunion,
the Bride and her King!
Forever we'll praise Him,
Forever we'll sing!

(Repeat chorus)

Glory, glory to our God! Glory, glory to our God!

Heidelberg Catechism
Q&A 1, 1563 A.D.

Q. 
What is your only comfort in life and death?

A.
That I am not my own, 1
but belong with body and soul, both in life and in death, 2
to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ. 3
He has fully paid for all my sins
with His precious blood, 4
and has set me free from all the power of the devil. 5
He also preserves me in such a way 6
that without the will of my heavenly Father not a hair can fall from my head; 7
indeed, all things must work together for my salvation. 8
Therefore, by His Holy Spirit
He also assures me of eternal life 9
and makes me heartily willing and ready from now on to live for Him. 10


Benediction


Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole 
spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it. + 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Next post: 1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:13: A Father's Love and Longing + Saturday, October 1, 2016


 Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment