Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Emmaus City Liturgy | Sunday, November 16, 2014 – Citizens of the Kingdom (Special)

Emmaus City Worcester MA Soma Acts 29 3DM Christian Reformed Multi-ethnic Network of Missional Communities


Special Emmaus City Liturgy  | Sunday, November 16, 2014 – Citizens of the Kingdom with Pastor Keith Allen from Redemption Church


Citizens of the Kingdom Homily Audio:



For previous special Sunday liturgies, click on the links below:


Citizens of the Kingdom Homily Notes



How we view what Jesus will do when He returns (i.e. eschatology) impacts how we live today. Revelation 21 showcases when heaven and earth will meet and God will be with His people forever. The Scriptures begin and end with God with His people in holy communion.

What do we see in the Trinity? Sacrificial and selfless love, submission, service, encouragement, relationship, joy, etc. Sin distorts this type of giving relationship between us and God and with each other.

Jesus is the cornerstone for re-establishing what God's family is supposed to act like and love each other on earth as it is in heaven (1 Peter 2:1-12). By His Holy Spirit, God is moving through His people today to fit them into a whole and holy household (Ephesians 2:11-22).

 Citizens of the Kingdom Communion and Special Music





Citizens of the Kingdom Hymns and Songs


  Be Still My Soul lyrics and melody

BPage CXVI (Katherine von Schlegel)

1752 A.D.

 

Be still my soul, the Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to your God to order and provide
In ever change, He will remain.

Be still my soul, your God will undertake
To guide the future as in ages past.
Your hope, your mind, your will let nothing shake.
All now mysterious shall be bright.

Be still my soul, the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone
Sorrow's forgot, love's joy restored.

Be still my soul. (6x)
 And praise Him. (6x)

God I Look to You lyrics and melody

By Austin Stone Worship (original by Bethel Music)

2013 A.D. 


God I look to You
And I won't be overwhelmed.
Give me vision
To see things like You do.

God I look to You
And You're where my help comes from.
Give me wisdom
 – You know just what to do.

And I will love You, Lord, my Strength.
And I will love You, Lord, my Shield.
And I will love You, Lord, my Rock.
Forever all my days, I will love You, God.

Hallelujah, our God reigns. (x3)
Forever all my days, Hallelujah.

2012 A.D. 


Weary burdened wand'rer
There is rest for thee
At the feet of Jesus
In His love so free.

Listen to His message 
Words of life, forever blessed.
Oh, thou heavy laden,
"Come to Me, come and rest."

 There is freedom, taste and see!
Hear the call, 'Come to Me!'
Run into His arms of grace,
Your burden carried, He will take.

Bring Him all they burdens,
All thy guilt and sin.
Mercy's door is open,
Rise up and enter in.  

(Repeat Chorus

Jesus there is waiting,
Patiently for thee.
Hear Him gently calling,
"Come, oh, come to Me."

(Repeat Chorus 3x)

No comments:

Post a Comment