Thursday, November 13, 2014

Gospel Song Lyrics – Good Good Father; Come to Me; Look and See; Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery; Lord, I Need You

Emmaus City Church Worcester MA Soma Acts 29 3DM Christian Reformed Church Transcultural Multi-Ethnic Network of Missional Communities


 There is freedom, taste and see! Hear the call, "Come to Me!" Run into His arms of grace, Your burden carried, He will take.


Special thanks goes to Village Church's worship in song leaders Michael Bleeker and Lauren Chandler for introducing me to five new songs. All five have impacted me greatly, and I hope the lyrics sing the good news to you of who God is, what He has done for you in Jesus, who you are, and what He has called you to by the power of His Spirit.


 Good Good Father lyrics and video by Housefires II

 2014 A.D.


Oh, I've heard a thousand stories
Of what they think You're like.
But I've heard the tender whisper
Of love in the dead of night.
And You tell me that You're pleased
And that I'm never alone.

You're a good, good Father.
It's who You are, it's who You are, it's who You are.
And I'm loved by You.
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am.     

 Oh, and I've seen many searching 
For answers far and wide.
But I know we're all searching
For answers only You provide.
Because You know just what we need
Before we even say a word.

(Repeat Chorus 2x) 

Because You are perfect in all of Your ways!
You are perfect in all of Your ways!
You are perfect in all of Your ways to us! (2x)

Oh, it's love so undeniable,
I can hardly speak.
Peace so unexplainable,
I can hardly think.
As You call me deeper still,
As You call me deeper still,
As You call me deeper still,
into love, love, love ...    

(Repeat Chorus 2x) 
   

Come to Me lyrics and video by Village Church

2012 A.D. 


Weary burdened wand'rer
There is rest for thee
At the feet of Jesus
In His love so free.

Listen to His message
Words of life, forever blessed.
Oh, thou heavy laden,
"Come to Me, come and rest."

 There is freedom, taste and see!
Hear the call, 'Come to Me!'
Run into His arms of grace,
Your burden carried, He will take.

Bring Him all they burdens,
All thy guilt and sin.
Mercy's door is open,
Rise up and enter in.  

(Repeat Chorus) 

Jesus there is waiting,
Patiently for thee.
Hear Him gently calling,
"Come, oh, come to Me."

(Repeat Chorus 3x)

Look and See lyrics and video by Village Church

2012 A.D.   


To Him be the glory for all He has done.
Praise to the Father who gave us His Son.
A ransom for many, He bled and died.
Then rose in victory, enthroned on high.

  To Him be the glory in heaven and earth.
All of creation is shouting His worth.
The saints and the angels all live to proclaim
The wonderful story, the glorious Name.

Oh look and see our God
And celebrate the power of the cross
And the empty grave!
And now we're free
Lift up your heads! 
Oh look and see our God! 

To Him be the glory, He's coming again.
And all of the sadness will come to an end.
Oh what a reunion, the bride and her King!
Forever we'll praise Him, forever we'll sing!

(Repeat Chorus)

Glory, glory to our God! (8x)

(Repeat Chorus 2x) 

Come Behold The Wondrous Mystery lyrics and video by Matt Papa

2013 A.D. 
 

 Come behold the wondrous mystery
In the dawning of the King.
He the theme of heaven's praises
Roped in frail humanity.
In our longing, in our darkness,
Now the light of life has come.
Look to Christ who condescended,
Took on flesh to ransom us.

Come behold the wondrous mystery,
He the perfect Son of Man.
In His living, in His suffering,
Never trace nor stain of sin.
See the true and better Adam
Come to save the hell-bound man.
Christ, the great and sure fulfillment
Of the law; in Him we stand.

Come behold the wondrous mystery,
Christ the Lord upon the tree.
In the stead of ruined sinners
Hangs the Lamb in victory.
 See the price of our redemption,
See the Father's plan unfold,
Bringing many sons to glory,
Grace unmeasured, love untold.     
  
Come behold the wondrous mystery,
Slain by death the God of life.
But no grave could e'er restrain Him.
Praise the Lord, He is alive!
 What a foretaste of deliverance!
How unwavering our hope!
Christ in power resurrected
As we will be when He comes!


Lord, I Need You lyrics and video by Matt Maher

2011 A.D.


Lord, I come, I confess,
Bowing here I find my rest.
Without You I fall apart.
You're the One that guides my heart.

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You,
Every hour I need You;
My one defense, my righteousness,
Oh God, how I need You!


Where sin runs deep, Your grace is more.
Where grace is found is where You are.
And where You are, Lord, I am free,
Holiness is Christ in me!

(Repeat Chorus)

Teach my song to rise to You.
When temptation comes my way,
And when I cannot stand, I'll fall on You.
Jesus, You're my hope and stay.


(Repeat Chorus 2x) 


 Sully

Curios? Go ahead and connectFor other updates, like and follow Emmaus City on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment