Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Story in Song Finale | I Surrender and Be Thou My Vision


Emmaus City Church Story in Song Finale Worcester MA Acts 29

For a quick review of all of the previous posts, here the links for "The Story in Song" series.
 
Part 1 The Love of God
Part 2 | Warrior
Part 3 | Nicodemus
Part 4 | The City
Part 5 | Walk with Me
 
Part 6 | How Long

Part 11 | Raise the Banner
Part 12 | Small Rebellions

Part 13 | A City No Longer Forsaken

Part 14 | Love Shines

When we clearly see the whole story of God, and how He has saved our lives and given us everything we could ever want or need, there is a new cry in our heart – one that can only occur after the Spirit of God gives someone His grace and the person cries out in humility and hope (15) “I Surrender.”

Emmaus City Church Story in Song 15 Worcester MA Acts 29Find me here, / Lord, as You draw me near, / Desperate for You, / I’m desperate for You. / I surrender. / Drench my soul / As mercy and grace unfold; / I hunger and thirst, / I hunger and thirst. / With arms stretched wide, / I know You hear my cry. / Speak to me now, / Speak to me now. / I surrender. / I want to know You more. / Like a rushing wind, / Jesus breathe within. / Lord, have Your way, / Lord, have Your way in me. / Like a mighty storm, / Stir within my soul. / Lord, have Your way, / Lord, have Your way in me.

We want God to have His way in Emmaus City Church. Even more so, we want God to have His way in Worcester. We need His Son. We need His Spirit. He is our only hope if we are going to be salt and light – His church, His body, His family – to our city. We don’t want any other vision for our church or Worcester but that His kingdom come, His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. We will pray (16) “Be Thou My Vision,” a prayer that was sung by His church nearly 1,500 years ago and is still equally relevant today.


Emmaus City Church Story in Song 16 Worcester MA Acts 29Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart. / Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art. / Thou my best thought by day or by night. / Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light. / Be Thou my wisdom, Thou my true word. / i ever with me, and Thou with me Lord. / Thou my great Father, and i Thy true son. / Thou in me dwelling, and i with Thee one. / Riches i heed not, nor man's empty praise. / Thou mine inheritance now and always. / Thou and Thou only but first in my heart; / High King of Heaven, my treasure Thou art. / Oh, God, be my everything; be my delight; / be Jesus my glory, my soul satisfied! / My Jesus, you satisfy! / High King of Heaven, Thy victory won! / May i reach heaven’s joys, O bright heav’n’s Son! / Heart of my own heart, whatever befall; / Still be my vision, O Ruler of all.

So we move forward, whatever befalls. A vision of a church with Jesus as the head and us as His body is what God has given us for Emmaus City and for the city of Worcester. In loving Him and in loving our neighbor, we will walk together as a family of servant missionaries in step with His Spirit to go make disciples in our neighborhoods and communities so that many more will discover that Jesus is alive and that God has been pursuing them as His own lost children.

Thank you for following "The Story in Song" series. Hear all of the songs and find links to all of the posts on the Emmaus City Church Story in Song page.
 
  Sully


Enjoyed "The Story in Song" series? Would love to talk music? Let's connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment