Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Story in Song Parts 9 and 10 | Run in the Night and Found

Emmaus City Church Story in Song 9 and 10 Worcester MA Acts 29

For a quick review, here are links to the previous posts in "The Story in Song" series.
Part 8 | Boasting

When we realize it's not our efforts to relentlessly prove our worth or goodness that earns God's love, but instead that He pursued us and loved us even when we were unlovely, we can then rest in the One who lived, and died, and lives for us. 

And we can ask that He remains with us again and again. We can wait on Him and trust He will come to us and be with us. In fact, Jesus strengthens us to strive on with Him even in the darkest hour when our enemies do surround us. With Him, we can (9) Run in the Night. He is Emmanuel, God with us, wherever we live or serve in our city.
  

Emmaus City Church Story in Song Run in the Night 9 Worcester MA Acts 29


If this is true, then He will also teach us how to return to Him and our salvation when we confront fear and doubt. And He will conceal us in His love when we are in emotional, physical, or spiritual danger. He comforts us with His words, and gives us the confidence to return to Him again and again. 

The Lord is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident...For He will conceal me there when troubles come; He will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock...My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with Me." And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."  David (from Psalm 27)

If we are already (10) Found by Him in our darkest hour, then we can be secure in Him in any situation.

Emmaus City Church Story in Song 10 Found Worcester MA Acts 29


To see what God can do with you and through you when you have perfect peace and freedom in Him, check back this weekend for Parts 11 and 12 | Raise the Banner and Small Rebellions.

  Sully

If your curiosity is piqued, or something inside you is being stirred, feel free to connect.


No comments:

Post a Comment