Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Church Planter Anthems | Defender & Fix My Eyes


Emmaus City Church Worcester MA Soma Acts 29 3DM Transcultural Kingdom Christian Reformed Church Multi-ethnic Network of Missional Communities Church Planter Anthems


When I need a Defender, I Fix My Eyes on my King's Kaleidescope of Peace


It's sadly amazing how many different places I look for peace when my boat's been rocked by floods of failure or unexpected defeat. Where do I look for solid ground? Feelings. Accomplishments, past and present. Escape. Temporary fleeting moments. Dark abysmal torrents. The eyes of my heart wander and wonder in a vain repetition of self-inspection and self-deception that sink me into a wasteland. And yet, the invitation for light, comfort, and relief is at the door of my heart knocking, waiting to come in and prepare a feast of joy and protect me from all my selfishness and self-righteousness.

Jesus is the Defender and Deliverer who keeps knocking. He sets a table before my enemies, including the mirror directly in front of me. By His marvelous grace, He meets me at every felix culpa and still beckons  as my Advocate, my Healer, my Redeemer, my Rock, my Resurrection, my Life  to fix my eyes on His life, death, and death-defying life again for me so I can accept peace from Him that will last forever.

Kings Kaleidoscope "Defender" lyrics and Live in Color video



A torrent of destruction hid
My darkened soul from rescuing.
I cried to God for help, He heard my voice.
The tainted earth, it rocked and reeled.
The heavens bowed the mountains kneeled.
The thunderous voice of God, my covering.

I will not be afraid
For my hope is in His name!

Who is a Rock but our God?
Whose blood has sealed our freedom?
Jesus, our Savior, Defender, Redeemer!

He brought me to a safer place
Equipped my hands and feet with strength,
So I advance with confidence in Christ.
His precious truth delivers me
From lies that wage a war in me.
Your victory is mine for all my days!
I will not be afraid
For my hope is in His name!

You kneel down to raise me up,
You my Lord, you my God!
You rescue me with reckless love,
Oh my Lord, oh my God!

In my distress I called upon the Lordto my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. – Psalm 18:6

He is the Rock; his deeds are perfect. Everything he does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright he is! – Deuteronomy 32:4

No one is holy like the Lord! There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God1 Samuel 2:2

My God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. – 2 Samuel 22:3

“Look at my Servant, whom I have chosen. He is my Beloved, who pleases me. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. He will not fight or shout
    or raise his voice in public. He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. Finally he will cause justice to be victorious. And his name will be the hope of all the world.” – Matthew 12:18-21

And it is ... Jesus, who is God’s promised Savior. – Acts 13:23

"And he will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’ I will make him my firstborn son, the mightiest king on earth. I will love him and be kind to him forever; my covenant with him will never end. I will preserve an heir for him; his throne will be as endless as the days of heaven." – Psalm 89:26-29

Jesus said, "“So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built." Luke 6:46-48

For who is God except the Lord? Who but our God is a solid rockThe Lord lives! Praise to my Rock! May the God of my salvation be exalted! – Psalm 18:31, 46

Do not tremble; do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim my purposes for you long ago? You are my witnesses—is there any other God? No! There is no other Rock—not one!” – Isaiah 44:8

Kings Kaleidoscope "Fix My Eyes" lyrics and Live in Color video


When my heart is weary, when my soul is weak,
When it seems I can’t traverse the trail before me,
I survey the glory of Your agony
And I find the will to fight for what’s before me,
Cause You ran the race enduring for Your glory.

I fix my eyes on You, the founder and the finisher of our faith!
I fix my eyes on You, the solace in Your suffering is my strength!

As I fight to follow, You’re my righteous guide,
And You train me to delight in all that’s holy.
Heal my broken body, cure my crooked stride!
Throw off every weight and sin that clings so closely!
I will run the race enduring for Your glory.

You help me breathe, You’re the only life I need!
You died for me, You’re the only life I need!
You help me breathe, You’re the only life I need!
You died for me, You’re the only life I need!

“God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection." – 2 Samuel 22:31

Look to God’s instructions and teachings! People who contradict his word are completely in the dark. – Isaiah 8:20

As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me. – Micah 7:7

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.  – 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! – John 1:29

Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. – Isaiah 45:22

We have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. – Romans 5:1-5

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.  – Hebrews 12:1-3

“Behold, I (Jesus) am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” – Revelation 22:12-13

We look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. – Titus 2:13


 Sully 

No comments:

Post a Comment