Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Church Planter Anthems | 139 + Redemption in Motion


Emmaus City Church Worcester MA Soma Acts 29 3DM Transcultural Kingdom Christian Reformed Church Multi-ethnic Network of Missional Communities Church Planter Anthems


Seeking His Kingdom is how I Know and how I experience my King's Kaleidescope of Redemption in Motion


What's next for Emmaus City? We are going to begin meeting in a public space in Worcester on Saturday, September 12 at 4:30 p.m. at the Fusion Center located at 30 Tyler Prentice Road off Lincoln Street. It's cool to take this next step and see who God will connect us with. But too often, I want to know what the next 5 or 10 steps are, and I trend into running through a ticker tape of possible options before I let God get a chance to interject with His much better words and much better ways. And when He tells me to seek first His Kingdom, it is because it is so much better than any kingdom I could create and/or destroy.


And yet, I worry too much. I'm impatient. I long too much to control. 
I'm an unruly faux king of anxious immaturity. 

Thank God that He knows me. Thank God that He knows my sin of worry that eats at me like a parasite, and He calls me to repent and turn away from it to Him. Thank God that He formed me and He can restore me. Thank God that He redeemed me and listens to my prayers. Thank God that He is the beginning and end of this story. Thank God that He is mightier than any dream I could have, and more steadfast than any plan I could concoct. Thank God that He loves me and every person Emmaus City will have the privilege to share and show Jesus' Gospel of the Kingdom with, and who receive it from Him with humility and grace. 

And thank God that His Kingdom is near and is coming to fruition. Jesus, help me to seek You first now. Spirit, I want to run this race well that You have set before me. Help me to keep step with You so that one day " ... I will run through heaven’s brilliant streets of gold! Shouting, “Hallelujah, Christ alone!” I know I will dance and sing and bow before the throne! This I know! ... "

Kings Kaleidoscope "Seek Your Kingdom" lyrics and Live in Color video



I’ve been anxious, I can’t sleep.
Worthless worries, burden me.
I hunt the sun, chase the wind,
'Til my tired spirit spins into the ground.

When I try to take control,
Fear and terror grip my soul.
I need joy, I need peace,
I need rest, I need relief.
I look to you, and you teach me to …

Seek Your Kingdom,
Seek Your righteousness.

See the ravens, they can’t farm.
They don’t have silos, trucks or barns.
But our God sees their needs

And He loves them
And He feeds them everyday.

See the lilies, how they grow.
They don’t work or buy their clothes.
But if God, by His grace,
Clothes the grass with great array,
Then how much more, is there in store, when I …

Seek Your Kingdom,
Seek Your righteousness.
I will seek Your Kingdom,
Seek Your righteousness.

When I’m worried about tomorrow,
Your will will guide me through.
All these things in my life won’t shake me,
You’ll take me home.

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." – Jesus (Matthew 6:25-34)


139

You heard my first heartbeat before I could breathe.
Before my first cry, You knew me.
You knit me together when I was conceived.
When I was designed, You knew me.

You know what I wonder before I can speak.
Before my first thoughts, You know me.
You see what I’m dreaming when I go to sleep.
When I’m waking up, You know me.

I could run away or hide beneath the sea.
You’d still hear my prayers.
I could climb the peaks or dive beyond the deep.
Oh my God! You are there!

You crafted the heavens and care for my soul.
In all of your ways, You’re holy.
When I’m lost in darkness and far from my home,
Your hand guides my way and holds me.

You are the God who knows and loves me!
The God of David, the Rock of Ages!
You are the King who dwells above me!
The King of Zion, the Mighty Lion!

Redemption in Motion

You’re with me always, I won’t be afraid.
You died and rose and set the world ablaze.
Amazing grace, redemption in motion.
I will see You when I fly away
To the gates of heaven where I’ll see Your face!
Holy Jehovah, Alpha Omega!
You died and rose and set redemption in motion!

Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afarYou search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, 'Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,' even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you. Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! – Psalm 139:1-18, 23-24

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock. – Isaiah 26:3-4

“Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered." – Revelation 5:5

Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” – Revelation 1:4-8 


Every day at dusk, I chase the sunset
Looking for a glimpse of heaven’s skies.

I’ve been given a taste for something
That nothing in this world can satisfy.
But I know that at time is coming
When I will be in glorious delight.

I know I will run through heaven’s brilliant streets of gold!
Shouting, “Hallelujah, Christ alone!”
I know I will dance and sing and bow before the throne!
This I know!

Every day at dawn I chase the sunrise
Looking for a hint of heaven’s light.

(Repeat bridge and chorus)

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. – Revelation 21:1-6

Emmaus City Church Worcester MA Soma Acts 29 3DM Transcultural Kingdom Christian Reformed Church Multi-ethnic Network of Missional Communities Church Planter Anthems
For previous church planter anthems, check these out: 

 Sully 

No comments:

Post a Comment