Monday, September 14, 2020

Gospel of Matthew 12:38-45 Message | Jesus? Jesus! "Something greater is here ... "



 

Where do we look for something more? For solace, we often look to artists, artisans, or athletes. For perspective, often to the news and commentators. To order our lives and prepare, politicians, influencers, scientists, and/or financial investors. People in Jesus' time had priests (solace), and prophets (perspective), and the monarchy or empire (order). Maybe all of our categories are not so far removed ... If so, what does Jesus have to say to us in Matthew 12? Perhaps what He said and continues to say to us to bring rescue and peace, "Something and Someone greater is here ... "




Humble Thyself + Amazing Grace Gospel Medley
Bob Hudson, John Newton, 1978 A.D., 1779 A.D.

Humble thyself in the sight of the LORD
And He will lift you up.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.

I once was lost but now I'm found,
Was blind but now I see.

When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun.

We've no less days to sing God's praise
Then when we've first begun.

Great Are You Lord
All Sons and Daughters, 2013 A.D.

You give life, You are love,
You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore
Every heart that is broken.
Great are You, Lord.

It's Your breath in our lungs,
So we pour out our praise,
We pour out our praise.
It's Your breath in our lungs,
So we pour out our praise to You only.


All the earth will shout Your praise,
Our hearts will cry, these bones will sing,
“Great are You, Lord!”

Lord, I Need You
Chris Tomlin, 2011 A.D.

Lord, I come, I confess,
Bowing here I find my rest.
Without You I fall apart.
You're the One that guides my heart.

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You,
Every hour I need You;
My one defense, my righteousness,
Oh God, how I need You!

Where sin runs deep, Your grace is more.
Where grace is found is where You are.
And where You are, Lord, I am free,
Holiness is Christ in me! (Chorus)

Teach my song to rise to You.
When temptation comes my way,
And when I cannot stand, I'll fall on You.
Jesus, You're my hope and stay. (Chorus)


Benediction based on Matthew 25:14-30


Go in the peace and power of Christ. Love and care for
one another and your neighbors in Jesus’ name, and may
God bless you with every gift needful for His work. May the
Spirit grant you the willingness to risk yourself completely
for the sake of the Gospel, and may hope and faith in Jesus
dwell richly within you until He makes all things new. Amen.


To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment