Friday, November 11, 2016

2016 Thriving Frequency Conference with H.B. Charles II | Living in the Protective Custody of God | Psalm 91


Thriving Frequency Conference 2016 | H.B. Charles II | Living in the Protective Custody of God


I have loved every Thriving event I've had the privilege to attend. Posts from the 2013 Thriving Summit, the 2014 Thriving Frequency conference, and the 2015 Thriving Frequency Conference can be found on this website. 

The following post features notes from the last of two sermons I was able to hear by H.B. Charles II during the weekend of the 2016 Thriving Frequency Conference, along with songs performed by Doxa, Epiphany Fellowship's choir and band. Here is the link to the notes of the previous message along with links to some of the songs:

2016 Thriving Frequency Conference with H.B. Charles II | God's Answer to the Nation's Unrest | Psalm 2


How apropos and needed these messages and songs continue to be for me and for all, especially in light of the election results. I hope they encourage you today as well.




 | 2 | Living in the Protective Custody of God, 10/16/2016 | Psalm 91



He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” + Psalm 91:1-2

The Lord protects those who trust in Him. This is another Messianic Psalm (alongside Psalm 2) which directs us to look to Jesus.

Like Psalms 1 and 2 are mirrors of each other, Psalms 90 and 91 are the double doors of understanding life and death.

Psalm 90 | Death is a reality that we must face and can face with God.

Psalm 91 | While life is dangerous, God provides us protection in life, and death, and life after death.

In the midst of these realities, God does not require that we have courage without fear, but realize that personal courage in relationship with Him is simply fear that has said its prayers.

How do we live this life with God? We need to remember that God is a homemaker, not a hotel manager. We don't check in with Him at random times during our travels. We make our home with Him, and by His grace, He always invites us in.


He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. + Psalm 91:4-7


A Life of Confident Trust This Psalm reminds us that life with God is not immunity from suffering and tragedy, but as you trust in God, He will keep you and shelter you so that you can endure and thrive in such a life. He will turn our disappointments into joy. To be in His shadow means He is with us and that His comfort is near. For an autobiography of what such a life looks like, read Elizabeth Elliot's Shadow of the Almighty.


Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—the Most High, who is my refuge—no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent. For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. + Psalm 91:9-11


A Life of Total Security |  Whatever God permits in your life, He will still reign over it. And whatever He asks of us, He provides. May it never be said of us God would do something in us, but we won't let Him. In light of the good and holy judgment, and righteous commands and just accomplishments, of God, our only hope is God. 

But do we want comfortable years added to our lives, or His abundant life added to the years we are given?


Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—the Most High, who is my refuge—no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent. For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the adder; the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot. “Because he holds fast to Me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows My name. When he calls to Me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.” + Psalm 91:9-16


A Life of Divine Assurance | To love God is to hold fast to Him in love. He is our refuge and our fortress. 

How do we have assurance in life? We listen to His words for us:

I will guard you in all your ways
I will bear you up
I will deliver you
I will protect you
I will answer you
I will be with you in trouble
I will rescue you
I will honor you
I will satisfy you
I will show you My salvation 

Great I Am by Phillips, Craig, and Dean
2012 A.D.

I want to be close, close to Your side,
So Heaven is real and death is a lie.
I want to hear voices of angels above,
Singing as one ...

Hallelujah, holy, holy,
God Almighty, the great I Am!
Who is worthy, none beside Thee,
God Almighty, the great I Am!

I want to be near, near to Your heart
Loving the world and hating the dark
I want to see dry bones living again,
Singing as one ... 
(Chorus)

The mountains shake before You,
The demons run in fear,
At the mention of the name
"King of Majesty!"
There is no power in hell,
Or any who can stand,
Before the power and the presence
Of the great I Am!


Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman
2001 A.D.

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow,
Blessed be Your name!

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place,
Though I walk through the wilderness,
Blessed Be Your name!

Every blessing You pour out,
I'll turn back to praise!
When the darkness closes in, 
Lord still I will say,
"Blessed be the name of the Lord!
Blessed be Your name!
Blessed be the name of the Lord!
Blessed be Your glorious name!"

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me,
When the world's 'all as it should be,
Blessed be Your name!

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering,
Though there's pain in the offering,
Blessed be Your name!
(Chorus)

You give and take away,
Oh You give and take away,
My heart will choose to say,
Lord, blessed be Your name!


You Alone Are God by Doxa
2014 A.D.

Before all worlds began
You are the great I Am,
Father, Spirit, and Son, 
Eternal Three-in-One,
Fulfilled within Yourself, 
In need of no one else.
Even though all things change, 
You still remain the same. 
You alone are God! 

You spoke, it came to pass, 
A universe so vast. 
Most things no eye can see, 
Yet still bring You glory. 
The man You made rebelled, 
Condemned himself to hell. 
It was all in Your plan 
To glorify the Lamb. 
Mighty is our God! 

You left Your awesome throne 
To justify Your own; 
Flesh cloaked Your majesty, 
Oh, what humility! 
And though all things are Yours, 
You made Yourself so poor. 
You walked a perfect path, 
Yet bore the Father’s wrath. 
Holy is our God! 

So blind, I had no clue, 
Oh, how I ran from You. 
Wickedness had me bound
Until You tracked me down. 
Your law revealed my sin, 
My corruption within. 
It drove me to Your cross 
Where You paid my sins’ cost. 
Faithful is our God! 

Jesus, You died for me 
And now abide in me. 
What can I give to You? 
Lord, help me live for You! 
Help me stay in Your Word. 
Help me obey You, Lord. 
And when we finally meet, 
I’ll cast my crown at Your feet.
You alone are God!


 Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment