Sunday, January 31, 2021

Gospel Message and Mass @ Home | Matthew 16:1-12: Jesus Gives Us the Sign We Need



" ... With wondering eyes, Lord, we admire ... " + "The Feast"


Story of God Liturgy Flow | Creation, Crisis, Covenant Community, Christ, Church, (New) Creation


(1) Creation


Call to Worship | Psalm 111:1, 4-7 + Our World Belongs to God (4)

Hallelujah! I will praise the LORD with all my heart in the assembly of the upright and in the congregation. ... The LORD is gracious and compassionate. He has provided food for those who fear Him; He remembers His covenant forever. He has shown His people the power of His works by giving them the inheritance of the nations. The works of His hands are truth and justice; all His instructions are trustworthy.

One: Our world, fallen into sin, has lost its first goodness,
but God has not abandoned the work of His hands:
All: our Maker preserves this world, sending seasons, sun, and rain, upholding all creatures, renewing the earth, promising a Savior, guiding all things to their purpose.

Sean Curran, 2019 A.D.

Every breath, it is a gift.
Every moment is a treasure,
All my past and my regrets,
My present and my future.
Every table is a feast,
Every heartbeat is an altar,
Every step a mystery,
I’m walking with the Author.

So I fix my eyes upon You,
I fix my eyes upon You!
I fix my eyes upon You,
I fix my eyes ...
All praise, all praise!
Heaven bent to meet us,
Father, Son, and Spirit!
All praise, all praise,
God and man together,
One with us forevermore!

In famine we will eat,
In drought we’ll see a downpour.
So let all our fighting cease,
The Prince, our Peace has conquered.
(Chorus)

Why should my heart grow weary?
Don’t be so downcast, O my soul.
You are in every moment,
You are my greatest miracle.

(2) Crisis


Prayer of Confession + Assurance | 
Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me, a sinner ...   
(We turn to Jesus) He will wipe away every tear from our eyes and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore for the former things have passed away. And He who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new ... these words are trustworthy and true.” + Revelation 21:4-5
(3) Covenant Community



Sermon Scriptures | Matthew 16:1-12

(4) Christ



Christ has died. Christ is risen! Christ will come again!

William Gadsby, 1838 A.D.

With wondering eyes, Lord we admire
The feast prepared by grace;
Come, Lord, and set our souls on fire,
And fill each heart with peace.
These emblems of Your precious love,
By faith may we receive.
And with a solemn pleasure prove,
We in Your name believe.

We eat this bread,
We drink this wine,
Come give Yourself to us.
We know You’re here,
That’s why we’ve come,
To feast on You with love.

No goodness of our own we bring;
We’re sinners vile and base;
Christ is our all;
Of Christ we sing,
And long to see His face.
O may we each with heart and tongue
Sing, “Worthy is the Lamb!”;
To Him alone the praise belongs,
And we’ll adore His name.
(Chorus)

(5) Church


NP InsideOut, 2017 A.D.

Alone in my sorrow and dead in my sin,
Lost without hope with no place to begin.
Your love made a way to let mercy come in
When death was arrested and my life began.

Ash was redeemed, only beauty remains.
My orphan heart was given a name.
My mourning grew quiet, my feet rose to dance
When death was arrested and my life began!

Oh, Your grace so free washes over me,
You have made me new, now life begins with You!
It's your endless love pouring down on us,
You have made us new, now life begins with You!

Released from my chains, I'm a prisoner no more.
My shame was a ransom He faithfully bore.
He cancelled my debt and He called me His friend
When death was arrested and my life began! (Chorus)

Our Savior displayed on a criminal's cross.
Darkness rejoiced as though heaven had lost.
But then Jesus arose with our freedom in hand;
That's when death was arrested and my life began!
(Chorus + Bridge)

Oh, we're free, free, forever we're free!
Come join the song of all the redeemed!
Yes, we're free, free, forever, amen,
When death was arrested and my life began! (Repeat Bridge)

(6) New Creation


Benediction 

May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you 
until He returns to make all things new.

Lectionary Readings
 

To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Helpful links for beginning 2021:


Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment