Monday, June 29, 2020

FB Live Weekend Message | If God Is for Us: Mind, Body, Spirit



" ... All to Jesus I surrender, all to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live. ... " + I Surrender All


Romans 8:5-13 Message Video | If God Is for Us: Mind, Body, and Spirit

Romans Bible Project Illustration and Introduction | The Story of God | Bible Project Romans Reconciliation Theme (7+ Minutes)

Sermon Scriptures | Romans 8:5-13

8:5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. 6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. 7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. 8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God. 9 But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.) 10 And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God. 11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, He will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you. 12 Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. 13 For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live.
In accordance with state and national authorities, we are looking to return to the front lawn of the Fusion Center at 30 Tyler Prentice Road on Saturday, July 11. More details to come. In the meantime, we are still gathering every Saturday at 4:30 p.m. EST via Emmaus City Church Facebook Live. The liturgy with links to songs will be posted Saturday morning on our Facebook page beforehand. We would love for you to join with us! Also, you can contact us at info@emmauscitychurch.com.

Call to Worship from Colossians 3:1-4

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
Austin Stone, 2018 A.D.

Come Holy Spirit, move in power. 
Ignite my heart with Your holy fire. 
Show me the Father, show me the Son. 
Revive my soul again, O Spirit come.

All my hope is found in the hands of Christ my King. 
May my life be found in the hands of Christ my King. 

Come Holy Spirit, fill me up
Till I am carried by Your rising flood. 
Show me the Father, show me the Son. 
Revive my soul again, O Spirit come. (Chorus)

If You’re not here, I don’t want to be
I won’t be moved unless You move
I want You more than the air I breathe, 
I need You, I need You!  (Chorus

God I Look to You
Brian Johnson, 2013 A.D.

God I look to You and I won’t be overwhelmed.
Give me vision to see things like You do.

God I look to You, You’re where my help comes from.
Give me wisdom, You know just what to do.

And I will love You, Lord, my Strength!
And I will love You, Lord, my Shield!
And I will love You, Lord, my Rock!
Forever all my days, I will love You, God!

Hallelujah! Our God reigns! Hallelujah! Our God reigns!
Hallelujah! Our God reigns! Forever all my days, Hallelujah!

I Surrender All
Judson W. Van De Venter, 1896 A.D.

All to Jesus I surrender, all to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live.

I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee my blessed Savior, I surrender all.


All to Jesus I surrender, make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit, truly know that Thou art mine.
(Chorus)

All to Jesus I surrender, Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power, let Thy blessing fall on me.
(Chorus)

Fall Afresh
Jeremy Riddle, 2011 A.D.

Awaken my soul, come awake
To hunger, to seek, to thirst.
Awaken first love, come awake
And do as You did at first.

Spirit of the Living God,
Come fall afresh on me,
Come wake me from my sleep.
Blow through the caverns of my soul,
Pour in me to overflow,
To overflow.

Awaken my soul, come awake
To worship with all Your strength. (Chorus)

Come and fill this place,
Let Your glory now invade!
Spirit, come and fill this place,
Let Your glory now invade! (Chorus)

Pass the Peace | In the Story of God, Jesus declared, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you" (John 14:26) during humanity's darkest, most tragic weekend of His death. And then after Jesus was crucified and resurrected, defeating evil and death, He said, "Peace be with you ... Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:21-22). Somehow, with Jesus, peace is possible even in our darkest moments. During this time, we desire to share with each other peace that passes understanding, empowered by the Spirit of Christ.

The peace of the Lord by always with you.

Benediction from Romans 15:13


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.




To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment