Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Saturate Series Week 8 | The Great Commission & The Great Commandment (Because of a Great Savior) + Saturday, November 24




Jesus challenges and encourages us in ancient faith and repentance and progressive obedience and sacrifice each step of the way as we go with Him to love others and introduce people to Him.


Homily Scriptures | Matthew 22:32-40

Let Us Love and Sing and Wonder
John Newton, 1774 A.D.

Let us love and sing and wonder,
Let us praise the Savior's name.
He has hushed the law's loud thunder,
He has quenched Mt. Sinai's flame.
Let us love the Lord who bought us,
Pitied us when enemies;
Called us by His grace and taught us,
Gave us ears and gave us eyes.

He has washed us with His blood (x3) ...
He has brought us close to God.


Let us sing, though fierce temptation
Threatens hard to bear us down!
For the Lord, our strong salvation,
Holds in view the Conqu’ror’s crown.
Let us wonder grace and justice
Join and point to mercy's store.
When through grace in Christ our trust is,
Justice smiles and asks no more.

He has washed us with His blood (x3) ...
He will bring us home to God.


Let us praise and join the chorus
Of the saints enthroned on high.
Here they trusted Him before us,
Now their praises fill the sky.

"You have washed us with Your blood (x3) ...
You are worthy, Lamb of God!"

Relentless
Hillsong, 2012 A.D.

Salvation sounds a new beginning
As distant hearts begin believing.
Redemption's bid is unrelenting,
Your love goes on, Your love goes on!

You carry us, carry us
When the world gives way!
You cover us, cover us
With Your endless grace!
Your love is relentless (x4)!


The time is up for chasing shadows,
You gave the world the Light to follow,
A hope that shines beyond tomorrow,
Your love goes on, Your love goes on!
(Chorus)

Tearing through the veil of darkness,
Breaking every chain, You set us free!
Fighting for the furthest heart You gave
Your life for all to see!

You carry us, carry us
(Your love is relentless)!
You cover us, cover us
(Your love is relentless)!


Forever Reign
Hillsong, 2010 A.D.

You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me.
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see.
You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in.
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin.

You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling.
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering.
You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing.
You are life, You are life
In You death has lost its sting.

I'm running to Your arms,
I'm running to Your arms!
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough!
Nothing compares to Your embrace,
Light of the world, forever reign!

You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say.
"You are Lord, You are Lord!"
All creation will proclaim.
You are here, You are here,
In Your presence I'm made whole!
You are God, You are God,
Of all else I'm letting go!
(Chorus)

My heart will sing no other Name,
"Jesus, Jesus!"

Tremble
Mosaic MSC, 2017 A.D.

Peace, bring it all to peace,
The storm surrounding me,
Let it break at Your name.
Still, call the sea to still,
The rage in me to still
Every wave at Your name.

Jesus, Jesus, You make the darkness tremble.
Jesus, Jesus, You silence fear.
Jesus, Jesus, You make the darkness tremble.
Jesus, Jesus.


Breathe, call these bones to live
Call these lungs to sing
Once again, I will praise …
(Chorus 2x)

Your name is a light that the shadows can't deny!
Your name cannot be overcome!
Your name is alive forever lifted high!
Your name cannot be overcome!
(Chorus)

Reckless Love
Bethel Music, 2017 A.D.

Before I spoke a word,
You were singing over me.
You have been so, so good to me.
Before I took a breath,
You breathed Your life in me.
You have been so, so kind to me.

Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending
Reckless love of God!
It chases me down,
Fights 'til I'm found,
Leaves the ninety-nine!
I couldn't earn it, and
I don't deserve it,
Still You give Yourself away!
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending
Reckless love of God!


When I was your foe,
Still Your love fought for me.
You have been so, so good to me.
When I felt no worth,
You paid it all for me.
You have been so, so kind to me.
(Chorus)

There's no shadow You won't light up,
Mountain You won't climb up,
Coming after me!
There's no wall You won't kick down,
Lie You won't tear down,
Coming after me!
(Chorus)

Corporate Prayer of Confession and Assurance
Is. 6:5-8Dan. 9:4-19Neh. 1:5-10Lk. 23:34

Call: Thank You, God, for giving us Your Spirit
to listen to and obey Your commands freely,
Thank You for empowering us to be disciples who make disciples
sharing and showing how You, Jesus, bring us from death to life.

Response: May we begin our days rejoicing
in Your resurrection over sin and death!
As You teach us how to love others more each day,
help us to live into Your victory as we share how Your Gospel
meets and fulfills our deepest needs and hopes.

Silent Personal Reflection and Confession

Call: Thank You, Jesus, that You can and will
continue to disciple us in how to listen to You
and to others, and to speak Your Good News that
truly does make us alive and free. We pray with You:

Response: Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil for Thine is the
Kingdom and the power and the glory
now and forever. Amen.


Prayers of Preparation for Eucharist
Matthew 26:26-291 Corinthians 11:23-26

Prayer seeking more from Jesus
Jesus, You claim to be the Way,
the Truth and the Life.
If what You claim is true,
please reveal to me who You are.
Give me an understanding of You
that is clear and convincing. Amen.

Prayer for Communion with Jesus
Jesus, grant that we may be filled
by You, the true Bread and Vine.
Be present with us, strengthen us,
and empower us to be Your witnesses
together as we seek first Your Kingdom
until You return and make all things new. Amen.

Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church

Benediction Based on Ephesians 4:13, 15

Now go in the peace of Christ and "in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. ... Speak the truth in love, and grow to become in every respect the mature body of Him who is the head, that is, Christ."

Next sermon audio and liturgy post: Advent '18 Week 1 | Magnify Jesus, Our Immanuel, God with Us

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment