Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Saturate Series Week 4 | Servants Who Give w/ Pastor Tra'Vorus Weaver + Saturday, October 20




Jesus is nearing the end. He knows it. He can feel the conspiracy closing in on Him and His adversaries are thirsty for blood ... His blood. I would have run. Instead, He takes off His robe and gets on His knees. The humility of it all. This is what real power does. Real power doesn't exploit. Real power doesn't dehumanize. Real power doesn't shame. Real power wraps a towel around its waist and washes feet. + AJ Sherrill


Homily Scriptures | Philippians 2:1-11

What a Beautiful Name
Hillsong United, 2016 A.D.

You were the Word at the beginning,
One With God the Lord Most High.
Your hidden glory in creation
Now revealed in You our Christ.

What a beautiful (wonderful) name it is,
What a beautiful (wonderful) name it is,
The Name of Jesus Christ, my King.
What a beautiful (wonderful) Name it is,
Nothing compares to this.
What a beautiful (wonderful) Name it is,
The Name of Jesus.


You didn't want heaven without us,
So Jesus, You brought heaven down.
My sin was great, Your love was greater,
What could separate us now.
("Wonderful" Chorus)

Death could not hold You,
The veil tore before You,
You silenced the boast of sin and grave!
The heavens are roaring
The praise of Your glory,
For You are raised to life again!
You have no rival, You have no equal!
Now and forever, our God reigns!
Yours is the Kingdom, Yours is the glory,
Yours is the name above all names!

What a powerful name it is,
What a powerful name it is,
The Name of Jesus Christ, my King.
What a powerful Name it is,
Nothing can stand against.
What a powerful Name it is,
The Name of Jesus.

Charitie Lees Bancroft, 1860 A.D.

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea,
A great high Priest whose name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands!
My name is written on His heart!
I know that while in heaven He stands,
No tongue can bid me thence depart,
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free!
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me,
To look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there the risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace.
One with Himself I cannot die,
My soul is purchased by His blood!
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Savior and my God!
With Christ my Savior and my God!

Humble
Audrey Assad, 2013 A.D.

Humble and human,
Willing to bend You are.
Fashioned of flesh
And the fire of life You are.
Not too proud to wear our skin,
To know this weary world we're in,
Humble, humble Jesus.

Humble in sorrow,
You gladly carried Your cross
Never refusing Your life
To the weakest of us.
Not too proud to bear our sin,
To feel this brokenness we're in,
Humble, humble Jesus.

We bow our knees,
We must decrease,
You must increase,
We lift You high.


Humble in greatness,
Born in the likeness of man.
Name above all names,
Holding our world in Your hands.
Not too proud to dwell with us,
To live in us, to die for us,
Humble, humble Jesus.
(Chorus)

Offering
Ike Ndolo, 2013 A.D.

My hands shake with guilt and shame,
Still You love me, love me.
Your eyes are bright
And shine so full of mercy, mercy.

Jesus, Bread of Life, Bread for all.
This is my offering, this my everything,
The Son of God who bled and died
And rose again for me.


Your flesh You gave for all
So we could see You, see You.
Your blood poured for all
So we could know You, know You.
(Chorus)


Corporate Prayer of Confession and Assurance
Is. 6:5-8; Dan. 9:4-19; Neh. 1:5-10; Lk. 23:34

Call: Thank You, Jesus, our Servant King,
that You gave Your all for us so that we
can be saved and freed to serve with You.

Response: We confess that Your name
is the name above all names, Jesus,
in heaven and on earth.

Silent Personal Reflection and Confession

Call: Thank You that You have given us
Your Word and Your Spirit to serve others.
Now we pray as You taught us to pray:

Response: Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil for Thine is the
Kingdom and the power and the glory
now and forever. Amen.


Prayers of Preparation for Eucharist
Matthew 26:26-291 Corinthians 11:23-26

Prayer seeking more from Jesus
Jesus, You claim to be the Way,
the Truth and the Life.
If what You claim is true,
please reveal to me who You are.
Give me an understanding of You
that is clear and convincing. Amen.

Prayer for Communion with Jesus
Jesus, grant that we may be filled
by You, the true Bread and Vine.
Be present with us, strengthen us,
and empower us to be Your witnesses
together as we seek first Your Kingdom
until You return and make all things new. Amen.

Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church

Benediction 

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” + Matthew 28:19-20

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment