Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Sermon on the Mount Series | Matthew 7:7-12: Keep Knocking, Emmaus City w/ Pastor Tra'Vorus Weaver + Saturday, June 30, 2018





We invite you to listen with us to the history-altering, world-restoring, personally-transforming Gospel: the Good News that Jesus is Emmanuel, God with us, come to save us and bring His Kingdom of justice, mercy, and peace to our world.


In response to this Good News, we follow Jesus together as City Groups in Worcester who seek to love our neighbors and serve our city in the joy and justice of God for the life of the world.


Questions as You Consider Jesus

Are you curious? Consider asking someone a question or two about Jesus and Christian spirituality even if you don't believe.

Are you open? Consider your emotional and spiritual needs, and step into asking if Jesus can meet them and help you.

Are you searching? Consider exploring more about Jesus even if you are not sure who He is; example: "If I could ask Jesus one honest question that would help me trust Him, what would I ask?"

Are you beginning to believe? Consider how your life would be transformed if you followed Jesus. Ask God to help you understand the Good News that through Jesus' life, death, and resurrection, He is restoring everything sin has ruined in your life and in the world.


Old Testament Scriptures | Jeremiah 29:11-14
New Testament Scriptures | Matthew 7:7-12

Corporate Prayer of Confession and Assurance
Isaiah 6:5-8Daniel 9:4-19Nehemiah 1:5-10Luke 23:34

Call: Holy and gracious God,
we need You to be our Father
again today. Call us to keep
asking, seeking, and knocking,
knowing You are our home.

Response: Turn our hearts to
Your loving care again. Fuel our
confidence and courage to go
with You and trust Your Word
in this wild world You are making new.

Silent Personal Reflection and Confession

Call: We return to You and follow You in
this great adventure of life with You. And
we trust and pray as Jesus taught us to pray:

Response: Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil for Thine is the
Kingdom and the power and the glory
now and forever. Amen.

Lord's Prayer | Praying for Jesus' Kingdom Impact in Us and in Worcester

Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church


Awesome
By Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago
2013 A.D.

My God is awesome,
He can move mountains,
Keep me in the valley,
Hide me from the rain.
My God is awesome,
Heals me when I'm broken,
Strength where I've been weakened,
Forever He will reign!

My God is awesome, awesome,
Awesome, awesome!
My God is awesome, awesome,
Awesome, awesome!


My God is awesome,
Savior of the whole world
Giver of salvation,
By His stripes I am healed.
My God is awesome,
Today I am forgiven
His grace is why I'm living,
Praise His holy name!
(Chorus)

He's mighty (holy, worthy),
He's mighty, He's mighty, He's mighty,
Awesome, awesome!

Deliverer (Provider, Protector),
Deliverer, Deliverer, Deliverer,
Awesome, awesome!

Heal Us
By William Cowper
1779 A.D.

Heal us, Emmanuel, here we are.
We long to feel Thy touch.
Deep wounded souls to Thee we fly.
O Savior hear our cry!


Our faith is feeble, we confess.
We faintly trust Thy word.
But will You pity us the less?
Be that far from You, LORD!
(Chorus)

Remember him who once applied
With trembling for relief.
“Lord, I believe,” with tears he cried
“O help my unbelief!"
(Chorus)

She, too, who touched You in the press
And healing virtue stole
Was answered, “Daughter, go in peace
Thy faith has made thee whole.”
(Chorus)

Like her, with hopes and fears we come
To touch You if we may.
O send us not despairing home,
Send none unhealed away.
(Chorus)

Establish the Work of Our Hands
By Aaron Keyes, Sandra McCracken,
and Urban Doxology
2017 A.D.

If You don't build it, we labor in vain.
Without Your Spirit, we stand with no strength.
I know my life is passing away,
But the works of Your hands are what will remain.

Let the favor of the LORD rest upon us.
Oh LORD, establish the work of our hands!
Oh LORD, establish the work of our hands!


Teach us to number the length of our days.
Pour out Your power, we'll pour out Your praise.
Teach us to run, to finish the race,
For only what's done in love will remain.
(Chorus)

Al-le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia!

By Bethel Music
2013 A.D.

God I look to You
And I won’t be overwhelmed.
Give me vision
To see things like You do.

God I look to You,
You’re where my help comes from.
Give me wisdom,
You know just what to do.

And I will love You, Lord, my Strength!
And I will love You, Lord, my Shield!
And I will love You, Lord, my Rock!
Forever all my days, I will love You, God!

Hallelujah! Our God reigns!
Hallelujah! Our God reigns!
Hallelujah! Our God reigns!
Forever all my days, Hallelujah!


How Deep the Father's Love for Us
By Stuart Townend
1995 A.D.

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure,
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory.

Behold the man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders;
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life,
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything,
No gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart –
His wounds have paid my ransom!

Jesus is Better

By Austin Stone Music
2013 A.D.

There is no other so sure and steady.
My hope is held in Your hand.
When castles crumble and breath is fleeting,
Upon this Rock I will stand.
Upon this Rock I will stand!

Glory, glory, we have no other king
But Jesus Lord of all!
Raise the anthem, our loudest praises ring,
We crown Him Lord of all!


Your kindly rule has shattered and broken
The curse of sin's tyranny.
My life is hidden 'neath Heaven's shadow,
Your crimson flood covers me!
Your crimson flood covers me!
(Chorus)

In all my sorrows, Jesus is better
– Make my heart believe!
In all my victories, Jesus is better
– Make my heart believe!
More than any comfort, Jesus is better
– Make my heart believe!
More than all riches, Jesus is better
– Make my heart believe!
Our souls declaring, Jesus is better
– Make my heart believe!
Our song eternal, Jesus is better
– Make my heart believe!
(Chorus)

Apostles' Creed
390 A.D.

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,

Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ,
His only Son, our Lord,

who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
,
born of the virgin Mary.

suffered under Pontius Pilate, 

was crucified, dead, and buried;

He descended to hell.

The third day He rose again!

He ascended to heaven

and is seated at the right hand
of God the Father almighty;
from there He shall come
to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the holy catholic* Church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins, 

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting. Amen.

*Catholic stands for Jesus' Church
"according to the whole,"
across time, cultures, and nations,
that He established
and continues to build by His
grace, truth, and resurrection power. 


Sermon on the Mount Benediction 
Based on Matthew 5-7

King Jesus, thank You for blessing us
to embrace the salvation You give us freely.
Everything we need is Yours to give us.
You are the treasure that we desperately seek.
You invite us home as prodigals
returning to our Father’s embrace.
Your prayer for the Kingdom coming
provides the answer to all our longings.
Write Your Kingdom rule and reign on our hearts.
By Your Holy Spirit, free us of any fear or anxiety
that would keep us from fully following You.
Build our lives on the Rock that is Your Word.
May a watching world see Your light, taste Your salt,
and be welcomed into Your city on a hill through us.
It is with You, King Jesus, that hope is secure,
for us and all of creation, now and forever.

You are now sent out in the peace of God, Emmaus City.
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
and the love of God the Father,
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you. 


Next homily audio and liturgy: Sermon on the Mount | Matthew 7:13-23: Straightforward and Secure

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment