Friday, June 23, 2017

Abide in Jesus: He Loves His Bride + Saturday, June 17, 2017





I will find youNo matter how long it takes, no matter how far. I will find you.” + Hawkeye, Last of the Mohicans


Our own happiness, our own peace can never be complete until we find some way of sharing it with people who, the way things are now, have no happiness and know no peace. Jesus calls us to show this truth forth, live this truth forth. Be the light of the world, he says. Where they are dark places, be the light especially there. Be the salt of the earth. Bring out the true flavor of what it is to be alive truly. Be truly alive. Be life-givers to others. That is what Jesus tells the disciples to be. That is what Jesus tells his church, tells us, to be and do. Love each other. Heal the sick, he says. Raise the dead. Cleanse lepers. Cast out demons. That is what loving each other means. If the church is doing things like that, then it is being what Jesus told it to be. + Frederick Buechner, "The Church"

"In looking at Jesus on the cross, Aquinas would say here is the image of the 'happiest man.'" + Bishop Robert Barron, Isenheim Altarpiece by Matthias Grunewald

Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those
Who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil.
(For Thine is the Kingdom,
The power and the glory forever and ever. Amen.)
+ Matthew 6:9-13


By Rend Collective 
2012 A.D.

Come, set Your rule and reign
In our hearts again.
Increase in us, we pray.
Unveil why we’re made.
Come set our hearts 
Ablaze with hope
Like wildfire in our very souls.
Holy Spirit, come invade us now!
We are Your Church.
We need Your power in us.

We seek Your Kingdom first.
We hunger and we thirst.
Refuse to waste our lives
For You’re our joy and prize.
To see the captive 
Hearts released,
The hurt, the sick, 
The poor at peace,
We lay down our lives for 
Heaven’s cause.
We are Your Church.
We pray, “Revive this earth!”

Build Your Kingdom here!
Let the darkness fear!
Show Your mighty hand!
Heal our streets and land!
Set Your Church on fire!
Win the nations back!
Change the atmosphere!
Build Your Kingdom here!
We pray!

Unleash Your 
Kingdom’s power
Reaching the near and far!
No force of Hell can stop
Your beauty changing hearts!
You made us for 
Much more than this!
Awake the Kingdom seed in us!
Fill us with the strength 
And love of Christ!
We are Your Church.
We are hope on earth.
(Chorus)


Reckless Love
Bethel Music
2017 A.D.

Before I spoke a word,
You were singing over me.
You have been so, so good to me.
Before I took a breath,
You breathed Your life in me.
You have been so, so kind to me.

Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending
Reckless love of God!
It chases me down,
Fights 'til I'm found,
Leaves the ninety-nine!
I couldn't earn it, and
I don't deserve it,
Still You give Yourself away!
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending
Reckless love of God!

When I was your foe,
Still Your love fought for me.
You have been so, so good to me.
When I felt no worth,
You paid it all for me.
You have been so, so kind to me.
(Chorus)


There's no shadow You won't light up,
Mountain You won't climb up,
Coming after me!
There's no wall You won't kick down,
Lie You won't tear down,
Coming after me!
(Chorus)

Ancient Irish Hymn
6
th Century 

Be Thou my Vision, 

O Lord of my heart.
Naught be all else to me,
Save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought,
By day or by night
Waking or sleeping,
Thy presence my light.
Be Thou my Wisdom,
And Thou my true Word
I ever with Thee and
Thou with me, Lord.
Thou my great Father,
I Thy true son,
Thou in me dwelling,
And I with Thee one.
Riches I heed not,
Nor man’s empty praise.
Thou mine inheritance,
Now and always!
Thou and Thou only,
First in my heart,
High King of Heaven,
My Treasure Thou art!
High King of Heaven,
My victory won!
May I reach Heaven’s joys,
O bright Heav’n’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart,
Whate’er befall,
Still be my Vision,
O Ruler of all!
This We Believe (The Creed) 
By Hillsong 
(Based on Apostles' Creed
390 A.D.

Our Father everlasting,
The all creating One,
God Almighty.
Through Your Holy Spirit
Conceiving Christ the Son,
Jesus our Savior.


believe in God our Father,
believe in Christ the Son,
believe in the Holy Spirit,
Our God is three in one!
believe in the resurrection,
That we will rise again,
For I believe in the name of Jesus!

Our Judge and our Defender,
Suffered and crucified,
Forgiveness is in You.
Descended into darkness,
You rose in glorious life,
Forever seated high!


We believe in God our Father,
We believe in Christ the Son,
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
Our God is three in one!
We believe in the resurrection,
That we will rise again,
For we believe in the name of Jesus!

We believe in You!
We believe You rose again!
We believe that Jesus Christ is Lord!
(Chorus)


We believe in life eternal,
We believe in the virgin birth,
We believe in the saint's communion
And in Your holy Church!
We believe in the resurrection
When Jesus comes again
For we believe in the name of Jesus!
(Chorus)



By Kristian Stanfill
2010 A.D.

Your love never fails,
It never gives up,
It never runs out on me!


And it's higher than
The mountains that I face,
And it's stronger than
The power of the grave,
And it's constant in the trial
And the change;
This one thing remains!
(Chorus)

And on and on and on
And on it goes!
Yes, it overwhelms and satisfies
And I never, ever,
Have to be afraid!
This one thing remains,
This one thing remains!
(Chorus)

In death, in life
I'm confident and covered by
The power of Your great love!
My debt is paid,
There's nothing that can separate
My heart from Your great love!
(Chorus)

By Tye Tribbett
2013 A.D.

You'll love us, forever.
You'll love us, forever.
You'll love us, forever, Lord.

I love You, forever.
I love You, forever.
I love You, forever, Lord.

We'll worship forever.
We'll worship forever.
We'll worship forever, Lord.

We give glory to God,
Glory to God,
Glory to God, forever!

Glory to God (We lift Your name up!),
Glory to God (We lift Your name up!),
Glory to God, forever!

Benediction

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it. + 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

+ Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment