Monday, November 16, 2015

A29 NA Conference | Worship Sets Songs and Lyrics


Emmaus City Church Worcester MA Soma Acts 29 Christian Reformed Church Transcultural Kingdom Multi-Ethnic Network of Missional Communities


Acts 29 Worship Setlists Shout Out to 

The Village Church and Michael Bleecker


I have loved every Acts 29 event I've had the privilege to attend. Posts from the the 2014 New Jersey Regional, the 2014 New England Regional, the 2014 Northeast Regional, the 2014 North America conference, the 2015 New Jersey Regional, and the 2015 Northeast Worship conference can be found on this website. Special thanks goes to Michael Bleecker, worship pastor of The Village Church, for broadening my repertoire of worship songs in the past two years. His influence will not only be felt in the list of songs included on this post, but also throughout these previous set list posts:

Now on to the powerful mix of Gospel-focused songs that I hope and pray will influence Emmaus City's praise of of God in 2016.

2015 Acts 29 National Conference Setlists Video Links and Lyrics

Thursday, November 12 Opening Setlist

(1) Holy, Holy, Holy Lyrics by Reginald Heber 


1826 A.D.

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!
God in Three Persons, bless'd Trinity!

Holy, holy, holy! all the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee,
Which wert, and art, and evermore shalt be.

Holy, holy, holy! though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee,
Perfect in power, in love, and purity.

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!
God in Three Persons, bless'd Trinity!

(2) Look and See Lyrics by The Village Church


2012 A.D.

To Him be the glory for all He has done.
Praise to the Father who gave us His Son.
A ransom for many, He bled and died.
Then rose in victory, enthroned on high.

To Him be the glory in heaven and earth.
All of creation is shouting His worth.
The saints and the angels all live to proclaim
The wonderful story, the glorious Name.

Oh look and see our God
And celebrate the power of the cross
And the empty grave!
And now we're free
Lift up your heads! 
Oh look and see our God! 

To Him be the glory, He's coming again.
And all of the sadness will come to an end.
Oh what a reunion, the bride and her King!
Forever we'll praise Him, forever we'll sing!

Glory, glory to our God!

(3) Great Are You Lord Lyrics by All Sons and Daughters


2012 A.D.

You give life, You are love.
You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope You restore 
Ev'ry heart that is broken,
And great are You Lord.

It's Your breath in our lungs,
So we pour out our praise,
We pour out our praise!
It's Your breath in our lungs,
So we pour out our praise to You only!

And all the earth will shout Your praise!
Our hearts will cry, these bones will sing,
"Great are You Lord!"

(4) Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery Lyrics by Matt Papa


2013 A.D.

Come behold the wondrous mystery
In the dawning of the King.
He the theme of heaven's praises
Roped in frail humanity.
In our longing, in our darkness,
Now the light of life has come.
Look to Christ who condescended,
Took on flesh to ransom us.

Come behold the wondrous mystery,
He the perfect Son of Man.
In His living, in His suffering,
Never trace nor stain of sin.
See the true and better Adam
Come to save the hell-bound man.
Christ, the great and sure fulfillment
Of the law; in Him we stand.

Come behold the wondrous mystery,
Christ the Lord upon the tree.
In the stead of ruined sinners
Hangs the Lamb in victory.
 See the price of our redemption,
See the Father's plan unfold,
Bringing many sons to glory,
Grace unmeasured, love untold.     
  
Come behold the wondrous mystery,
Slain by death the God of life.
But no grave could e'er restrain Him.
Praise the Lord, He is alive!
 What a foretaste of deliverance!
How unwavering our hope!
Christ in power resurrected
As we will be when He comes!


Thursday, November 12 Closing Setlist

(1) Behold the Risen Christ Lyrics by The Village Church


2014 A.D.

The melodies of love 
Arranged in songs of grace
Stretched down from heaven above
Transposed my wayward state.

Once far, but now brought near,
Was blind but bound with fear;
Salvation sure and sweet,
The taste of victory. ...

Behold the risen Christ,
His grace and mercy free!
Once dead, now glorious life,
Oh what joy, oh what joy! 
He found me!

The Lord now in our midst,
A Mighty One to save,
Rejoices over us!
With shouts we praise His name!

(Repeat Chorus)
    
Worthy, worthy is the Lamb
Slain for me!
Worthy, worthy is the Lamb
Slain for me!
Holy, holy is the Lord,
The great I Am!
Holy, holy is the Lord,
The great I Am!

(Repeat Chorus)

(2) I Need Thee Every Hour Lyrics by Annie Hawks

1872 A.D.

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord.
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby.
Temptations lose their power
When Thou art nigh.

I need Thee, oh, I need thee,
Every hour I need Thee
I need Thee, I need Thee,
I need Thee every hour,

I need Thee every hour in joy or pain.
Come quickly and abide or life is in vain.

(Repeat Chorus)

Oh, bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee.
Oh, bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee!
I need Thee every hour, teach me Thy will!
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill!

(Repeat Chorus)

(3) One Thing Remains Lyrics by Kristian Stanfill


2012 A.D.

Higher than the mountains that I face,
Stronger than the power of the grave,
Constant through the trial and the change,
One thing remains …

Your love never fails, never gives up,
Never runs out on me!

On and on and on and on it goes!
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul!
And I never, ever, have to be afraid!
One thing remains …

(Repeat Chorus)

In death, In life, I’m confident
And covered by the power of Your great love!
My debt is paid, there’s nothing that can
separate my heart from Your great love!

(4) How Great Thou Art Lyrics by Carl Gustav Boberg 


1885 A.D.

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great You are, how great You are!

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

(Repeat Chorus)

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

(Repeat Chorus)


Friday, November 13 Setlist

(1) It Is Well with My Soul Lyrics by Horatio Spafford


1873 A.D.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,

When sorrows like sea billows roll;

Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,

It is well, it is well with my soul.

It is well with my soul,

It is well, it is well with my soul!

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,

Let this blest assurance control,

That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,

And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

(Repeat Chorus)

My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!

My sin, not in part but the whole,

Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

(Repeat Chorus)

And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,

The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;

The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,

Even so, it is well with my soul.

(Repeat Chorus)

(2) Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me) Lyrics by Casting Crowns


2009 A.D.

One day when Heaven was filled with His praises,
One day when sin was as black as could be,
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin,
Dwelt among men, my example is He.
Word became flesh and the light shined among us,
His glory revealed.

Living, He loved me,
Dying, He saved me,
Buried, He carried my sins far away!
Rising, He justified freely forever,
One day He's coming,
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day!

One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain,
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree,
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected.
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He,
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me.

(Repeat Chorus)

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer,
One day the stone rolled away from the door,
Then He arose, over death He had conquered.
Now He's ascended, my Lord evermore!
Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him
From rising again!

(Repeat Chorus)

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming,
One day the skies with His glories will shine,
Wonderful day, my Beloved One, bringing
My Savior, Jesus, is mine!

(Repeat Chorus)

Glorious day, Oh, Glorious day!

(3) Man of Sorrows Lyrics by Hillsong United


2013 A.D.

Man of sorrows, Lamb of God,
By His own betrayed.
The sin of man and wrath of God
Has been on Jesus laid.

Silent as He stood accused,
Beaten mocked and scorned.
Bowing to the Father's will
He took a crown of thorns.

Oh that rugged cross,
My salvation,
Where Your love poured out over me.
Now my soul cries out,
“Hallelujah,
Praise and honor unto Thee!”

Sent of heaven, God's own Son
To purchase and redeem,
And reconcile the very ones
Who nailed Him to that tree.

(Repeat Chorus)

Now my debt is paid,
It is paid in full
By the precious blood
That my Jesus spilled!

Now the curse of sin
Has no hold on me!
Whom the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed!

See the stone is rolled away,
Behold the empty tomb.
“Hallelujah! God be praised!”
He's risen from the grave!

(Repeat Chorus)


(4) Come to Me Lyrics by The Village Church


2012 A.D.

Weary burdened wand'rer
There is rest for thee
At the feet of Jesus
In His love so free.

Listen to His message –
Words of life, forever blessed.
Oh, thou heavy laden,
"Come to Me, come and rest."

 There is freedom, taste and see!
Hear the call, 'Come to Me!'
Run into His arms of grace,
Your burden carried, He will take.

Bring Him all they burdens,
All thy guilt and sin.
Mercy's door is open,
Rise up and enter in.  

(Repeat Chorus

Jesus there is waiting,
Patiently for thee.
Hear Him gently calling,
"Come, oh, come to Me."

Next post: 
2015 Acts 29 National Conference | Building Healthy Leaders by Being an Engaged Leader and Cultivating a Culture of Rest and Renewal

– Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment