Sunday, October 7, 2018

Saturate Groups | Who am I and How am I?: Questions to Help You Grow in Your Identity in Christ



Learning to be a follower of Jesus in Worcester, Massachusetts with others, resting and striving by grace to become more like Him


The questions below are helpful in revealing where my heart is and how I can continue to grow in speaking to and helping others with the strength that God provides. Perhaps these questions will help you in where you are at in your spiritual considerations about Jesus, too.

Questions that Help Me Consider How I Am Listening to Jesus and Following Him



GATHER AS CHILD IN THE FAMILY OF GOD | UP 
+ Do I share with God regularly my fears and desires? Do I share with others?
+ Who or what do I keep thinking or feeling about that I should pray for? Do I pray for them?
+ Am I living from rest and peace that God has given, or striving for rest and peace I feel like I have to earn? 
+ When do I most need to remember during my day that God provides my strength?  
+ Am I sleeping well (in good rest from God for good work for God and others, not out of exhaustion or desperation)?  
+ Am I eating and drinking well (receiving from God for nourishment, not for escape from life or comfort in fear)?  
Would others say that I express vulnerability and hope?


GO AS A SPIRIT-EMPOWERED WITNESS OUT 
+ Do I have a hope for what God can do in my life and the lives of others? 
+ Am I dying to false ideas of “success,” and instead pursuing faithfulness with God to pursue others? 
+ Am I learning how to follow Jesus with the fruit of the Spirit's joy and patience?  
+ How do I "take risks" for the sake of Jesus being made known? 
+ Do I pray about sharing Jesus and His Gospel with others? 
+ How is my week open to being with friends who do and don’t know Jesus? 


GROW AS A SERVANT OF JESUS | IN 
+ Do I receive time and each day as a gift from God, or a curse to manage?  
+ Do I know how to rest and trust that God is moving when plans change, or am I more prone to fight for control? 
+ How would my friends describe my relationship with them? Am I open or distant?  
+ Would others describe me as a willing and eager servant? How often do I change my plans for them? 
+ Would others say I keep my word when I say I’m going to do something? 
+ How easy is it for me to trust people? How easy is it for others to trust me?  
+ Am I teaching others how to learn to trust and follow Jesus?

Peter wrote in his first letter to the family of God spread throughout various countries"God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen" (1 Peter 4:10-11, NLT).

Trust that God has made you the way you are to bless others. He's provided all the resources of heaven for you to join Him in His work.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. + 2 Peter 1:2-3

Now go and see what He will do in you and through you. :)

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

Email Pastor Mike | Website | Visit Us | Support Us | Facebook Us

No comments:

Post a Comment