Saturday, April 24, 2021

Eastertide Unhinged Resurrection Hope Series Message + Mass | Matthew 12:14-18: Healing Hope


Resurrection by Magnus 3D

Illuminate the shadows, comfort those who are cast down. Illuminate the shadows, be our refuge in the time of storms. O God, our help in the time of trouble ... + "Illuminate the Shadows" by The Porter's Gate


We open our eyes to see Jesus' glory.
We open our ears to hear Jesus' wisdom.
We open our hands to offer Jesus gifts.
We open our mouths to sing Jesus' praise.
We open our hearts to offer Jesus our love.

Story of God Liturgy Flow
Creation, Crisis, Covenant Community, Christ, Church, (New) Creation


(1) Creation


Call to Worship | Psalm 23:1-3a

The LORD is my shepherd; I have what I need. He lets me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He renews my life.

People & Songs, 2018 A.D.

The Lord is my Shepherd (Repeat) ... 
He goes before me (Repeat), 
Defender behind me (Repeat) ... 
I won't fear (Repeat).
I'm filled with anointing (Repeat) ... 
My cup's overflowing (Repeat), 
No weapon can harm me (Repeat) ... 
I won't fear (Repeat).

Hallelujah, I am not alone! 
He's my comfort, always holds me close!

He always guides me (Repeat) ...
Through mountains and valleys (Repeat).
His joy is refreshing (Repeat) ... 
Restores my soul (Repeat). 
Mercy and goodness (Repeat) ... 
Give me assurance (Repeat) 
That I'll see His glory (Repeat) ... 
Face to face. (Chorus)

Your Spirit lives within me (Repeat) ... 
So I will walk in Your peace (Repeat)! 
Your Spirit lives within me (Repeat), 
My victory, my victory! (Repeat 3x)

My victory, my victory ... (Chorus)

(2) Crisis


Prayer of Confession + Assurance | Illuminate the Shadows 
Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on us sinners ...

Illuminate the shadows, comfort those who are cast down.
Illuminate the shadows, be our refuge in the time of storms.
O God, our help in the time of trouble ...

Illuminate the shadows, cast the evil ruler from his throne.
Illuminate the shadows, break oppression with Your mighty arm.
O God, our help in the time of trouble ...

Illuminate the shadows until every idol has been trampled on.
Illuminate the shadows until every statue comes tumbling down.
O God, our help in the time of trouble ...

Bring hope to the hopeless.

"To God our Father, the most high God,
The triune God who dwells in unapproachable Light.
O God our help in the time of trouble,
O God, we ask, O Lord, that You would shine
Your light of Truth, O Lord,
Over every dark shadow of wickedness
In this land, within us, O God.
We ask, O Lord, that You would help us
To cast down every idol in every false place in this land,
O God, until You are glorified,
Until Your love is made manifest
Fully and completely here on earth, O God.
We cry out to You, Father.
You are the only One who can deliver.
You are the only One who can save us, O Lord God,
From the wickedness that so easily entangles us and besets us.
O God, be glorified. You are our God. You are our Deliverer.
And we trust and we wait with a spirit of expectation,
Knowing, O God, that You will deliver us, O Lord.
You, O Lord, will illuminate the shadows, O God,
That Your Light, Your bright Light of Love and Truth
Will shine like a new day.
We pray this all in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen."

+ The Porter's Gate w/ Latifah Alattas, Liz Vice, Paul Zach and 
Prayer from theologian Ekemini Uwan, 2021 A.D.

(3) Covenant Community



Sermon Scriptures | Matthew 12:14-18

(4) Christ



One: We eat this meal together to remember Jesus' death for us until He returns to fully bring His Kingdom of heaven to earth. 

All: Christ has died. Christ is risen! Christ will come again!

Elevation Worship, 2020 A.D.

I searched the world, but it couldn't fill me.
Man's empty praise, and treasures that fade are never enough. 
Then You came along and put me back together
And every desire is now satisfied here in Your love.

Oh, there's nothing better than You,
There's nothing better than You,
Lord, there's nothing, nothing is better than You!


I'm not afraid to show You my weakness
My failures and flaws, Lord, You've seen 'em all
And You still call me friend.
'Cause the God of the mountain 
Is the God of the valley,
There's not a place Your mercy and grace won't find me again. (Chorus)

You turn mourning to dancing, You give beauty for ashes, 
You turn shame into glory , You're the only one who can!

You turn graves into garden, You turn bones into armies, 
You turn seas into highways, You're the only one who can!

(6) New Creation


The Porter's Gate w/ Urban Doxology, 2020 A.D.

The Light shines (the Light shines)
In the darkness (in the darkness),
And the darkness cannot overcome. (repeat line + verse)

Behold! Behold! His Kingdom now is come!

The valleys (the valleys)
Will be lifted (will be lifted)
And the mountains will be brought down! (repeat line + verse) (Chorus)

Hear the voice cry (hear the voice cry)
From the highways (from the highways)
Make way for the Prince of Peace. (repeat line + verse) 
(Chorus)

God of justice (God of justice), Righteous Judge (Righteous Judge), 
Behold! Behold! Behold!
Our Defender (our Defender), Prince of Peace (Prince of Peace),
Behold! Behold! Behold!
Father to the fatherless (Father to the fatherless),
Our strong Deliverer (our strong Deliverer),
Behold! Behold! Behold!
He’s troubling the waters ... as we’re marching through ... 
(Chorus)

Benediction

May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you
until He returns to make all things new.


Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment