Saturday, June 20, 2020

FB Live Weekend Message | If God Is for Us: Free to Belong to Christ Jesus (to Receive & Give Grace & Life)


" ... Oh, we're free, free, forever we're free! Come join the song of all the redeemed! Yes, we're free, free, forever, amen,When death was arrested and my life began! ... " + Death Was Arrested


Romans 8:1-4 Message Video | If God Is for Us: Free to Belong to Christ Jesus

Romans Bible Project Illustration and Introduction | The Story of God | Bible Project Romans Reconciliation Theme (7+ Minutes)

Sermon Scriptures | Romans 8:1-4

8:1 Now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus 2  And because you belong to Him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent His own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving His Son as a sacrifice for our sins. 4 He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.
In accordance with state and national authorities, we are looking to return to the front lawn of the Fusion Center at 30 Tyler Prentice Road on Saturday, July 11. More details to come. In the meantime, we are still gathering every Saturday at 4:30 p.m. EST via Emmaus City Church Facebook Live. The liturgy with links to songs will be posted Saturday morning on our Facebook page beforehand. We would love for you to join with us! Also, you can contact us at info@emmauscitychurch.com.

Call to Worship from Psalm 86:1-5

Bend down, O LORD, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need Your help. Protect me, for I am devoted to You. Save me, for I serve You and trust You. You are my God. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on You constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to You. O Lord, You are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for Your help.

In Tenderness He Sought Me
W. Spencer Walton, 1894 A.D. 

In tenderness He sought me weary and sick with sin
And on His shoulders brought me back to His fold again.
While angels in His presence sang, until the courts of heaven rang!

Oh, the love that sought me! Oh, the blood that bought me! 
Oh the grace that brought me to the fold of God!
Grace that brought me to the fold of God!

He died for me while I was sinning, needy and poor and blind. 
He whispered to assure me, "I've found thee; thou art Mine."
I never heard a sweeter voice, It made my aching heart rejoice! (Chorus)

Upon His grace I'll daily ponder a
nd sing anew His praise 
With all adoring wonder, His blessings I retrace.
It seems as if eternal days, are far too short to sing His praise! (Chorus)

Who You Say I Am
Hillsong, 2018 A.D. 

Who am I that the highest King would welcome me?
I was lost but He brought me in, oh, His love for me!
Oh, His love for me!

Who the Son sets free, oh, is free indeed!
I'm a child of God, Yes, I am!
In my Father's house there's a place for me,
I'm a child of God, Yes I am!

Free at last, He has ransomed me. His grace runs deep.
While I was a slave to sin, Jesus died for me. 
Yes, He died for me! (Chorus)

I am chosen, not forsaken! I am who You say I am!
You are for me, not against me, I am who You say I am!


In the Hands of Christ My King
Austin Stone, 2018 A.D.

Come Holy Spirit, move in power. 
Ignite my heart with Your holy fire. 
Show me the Father, show me the Son. 
Revive my soul again, O Spirit come.

All my hope is found in the hands of Christ my King. 
May my life be found in the hands of Christ my King.

Come Holy Spirit, fill me up
Till I am carried by Your rising flood. 
Show me the Father, show me the Son. 
Revive my soul again, O Spirit come. (Chorus)

If You’re not here, I don’t want to be
I won’t be moved unless You move
I want You more than the air I breathe, 
I need You, I need You!  (Chorus

Death Was Arrested
NP InsideOut, 2017 A.D.

Alone in my sorrow and dead in my sin, 
Lost without hope with no place to begin. 
Your love made a way to let mercy come in 
When death was arrested and my life began.

Ash was redeemed, only beauty remains.
My orphan heart was given a name.
My mourning grew quiet, my feet rose to dance 
When death was arrested and my life began!

Oh, Your grace so free washes over me,
You have made me new, now life begins with You! 
It's your endless love pouring down on us,
You have made us new, now life begins with You!


Released from my chains, I'm a prisoner no more. 
My shame was a ransom He faithfully bore.
He cancelled my debt and He called me His friend 
When death was arrested and my life began! (Chorus)

Our Savior displayed on a criminal's cross. 
Darkness rejoiced as though heaven had lost.
But then Jesus arose with our freedom in hand; 
That's when death was arrested and my life began! 
(Chorus + Bridge)

Oh, we're free, free, forever we're free! 
Come join the song of all the redeemed!
Yes, we're free, free, forever, amen,
When death was arrested and my life began! (Repeat Bridge)


Pass the Peace | In the Story of God, Jesus declared, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you" (John 14:26) during humanity's darkest, most tragic weekend of His death. And then after Jesus was crucified and resurrected, defeating evil and death, He said, "Peace be with you ... Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:21-22). Somehow, with Jesus, peace is possible even in our darkest moments. During this time, we desire to share with each other peace that passes understanding, empowered by the Spirit of Christ.

The peace of the Lord by always with you.

Benediction from Romans 15:13


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.




To connect with us, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment