Thursday, January 10, 2019

Epiphany '19 Series | Gifts for the Journey Ahead + Saturday, January 5





¡Feliz Día de Los Reyes Magos!

Some things may have been started in meager ways in 2018. Some things may look really small coming into 2019. But Jesus is always up for amazing us again.


Homily Audio | Epiphany: Gifts for the Journey Ahead

Homily Scriptures (from Lectionary) | Matthew 2:1-14

Epiphany Post: Epiphany 2019 | Gracious Gifts of Faith for the Journey Ahead

3 Gifts for Us for the Journey Ahead: Beauty, Goodness, and Truth

(1) Beauty for the Journey: Will we bring value to others in 2019? Will we bring beauty to them, acknowledging the God-given beauty of them? Why? God offered His most beautiful gift in Jesus.

(2) Goodness for the Journey: Will we bring our offerings to others? How will we offer our best that others may taste the goodness of God? Why? God offered His most life-giving offering in Jesus.

(3) Truth for the Journey: Jesus took a dangerous journey to save us. The wise men took a dangerous journey to see Him. It almost cost them both their lives. God offered the truth that we are in desperate need and He is willing to give and pay the price in Jesus.

Father Let Your Kingdom Come
Porter's Gate Worship Project, 2017 A.D.

Hallelu! Hallelujah!
Father, let Your Kingdom come! (x4)

May the works of my hands
Bring You joy. (x4 + Chorus)

May the words from my mouth
Speak Your peace. (x4 + Chorus)

You make all things new,
You make all things new
In places we don't choose;
You make all things new! (Chorus)

Most High God
K. Thompson & Crown of Glory, 2010 A.D.

All other gods,
They are the works of men.
You are the most high God,
There is none like You!


Jehovah, You are the most high!
You are the most high God!

Jehovah, eh-eh! Jehovah, ah-ah!
Jehovah, eh-eh! You are the most high God!

You are good and Your mercy is forever,
Hallelujah!

Yet Not I But Through Christ in Me
City Alight, 2018 A.D.

What gift of grace is Jesus my Redeemer!
There is no more for heaven now to give.
He is my joy, my righteousness, and freedom,
My steadfast love, my deep and boundless peace.
To this I hold, my hope is only Jesus,
For my life is wholly bound to His.
Oh how strange and divine, I can sing: all is mine!
Yet not I, but through Christ in me!

The night is dark but I am not forsaken
For by my side, the Savior He will stay.
I labor on in weakness and rejoicing
For in my need, His power is displayed.
To this I hold, my Shepherd will defend me,
Through the deepest valley He will lead.
Oh the night has been won, and I shall overcome!
Yet not I, but through Christ in me!

No fate I dread, I know I am forgiven.
The future sure, the price it has been paid.
For Jesus bled and suffered for my pardon
And He was raised to overthrow the grave.
To this I hold, my sin has been defeated,
Jesus now and ever is my plea!
Oh the chains are released, I can sing: I am free!
Yet not I, but through Christ in me!

With every breath I long to follow Jesus
For He has said that He will bring me home;
And day by day I know He will renew me
Until I stand with joy before the throne.
To this I hold, my hope is only Jesus,
All the glory evermore to Him!
When the race is complete, still my lips shall repeat:
Yet not I, but through Christ in me!


Away from the Manger: The Refugee King Reprise
L. Vice, W. Reagan, B. Benedict, and more, 2018 A.D.

Away from the manger, they ran for their lives;
The crying boy Jesus, a son they must hide.
A dream came to Joseph, they fled in the night
And they ran and they ran and they ran. (Ooh x 2)

No stars in the sky but the Spirit of God
Led down into Egypt from Herod to hide.
No place for His parents, no country or tribe,
And they ran and they ran and they ran. (Ooh x 2)

Stay near me Lord Jesus when danger is nigh
And keep us from Herods and all of their lies.
I love Thee, Lord Jesus, the Refugee King,
And we sing and we sing and we sing ... (x2)

Alleluja! x 5

The Everlasting God
William Murphy, 2016 A.D.

The Lord is my Light and salvation.
Whom shall I fear?
Of whom shall I be afraid? (x2)

I will wait on You, I will wait on You.
I will trust in You, I will trust in You.
I will remain confident in this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord. (x2)

We set our hope on You,
We set our hope on Your love,
We set our hope on the One
Who is the everlasting God!
You are the everlasting God!
You are the everlasting! (x3)

I will remain confident in this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord. (x2)

All Glory Be to Christ
Dustin Kensrue, 2012 A.D.

Should nothing of our efforts stand,
No legacy survive,
Unless the Lord does raise the house
In vain its builders strive.
To you who boast tomorrow's gain
Tell me, "What is your life?"
A mist that vanishes at dawn
All glory be to Christ!

All glory be to Christ our King!
All glory be to Christ!
His rule and reign we'll ever sing
All glory be to Christ!


His will be done, His Kingdom come
On earth as is above,
Who is Himself our daily bread
Praise Him, the Lord of love!
Let living water satisfy
The thirsty without price.
We'll take a cup of kindness yet,
All glory be to Christ! (Chorus)

When on the day the great I AM,
The faithful and the true,
The Lamb who was for sinners slain
Is making all things new.
Behold our God shall live with us
And be our steadfast Light.
And we shall e'er His people be,
All glory be to Christ! (Chorus)

Corporate Prayer of Confession and Assurance
Is. 6:5-8; Dan. 9:4-19; Neh. 1:5-10; Lk. 23:34

Call: Thank You, Father, Son, and Spirit, for going with us.
Response: Give us the gift of Yourself for our journey ahead.

Silent Prayer with the Holy Spirit

Call: Renew us, fill us, and send us praying:
Response: Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil for Thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory now and forever. Amen.

Prayers of Preparation for Eucharist
Matthew 26:26-291 Corinthians 11:23-26

Prayer seeking more from Jesus
Jesus, You claim to be the Way,
the Truth and the Life.
If what You claim is true,
please reveal to me who You are.
Give me an understanding of You
that is clear and convincing. Amen.

Prayer for Communion with Jesus
Jesus, grant that we may be filled
by You, the true Bread and Vine.
Be present with us, strengthen us,
and empower us to be Your witnesses
together as we seek first Your Kingdom
until You return and make all things new. Amen.

Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church

Benediction from Revelation 21:5-6

Behold, I make all things new. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to whoever thirsts. + Jesus 


Emmaus City Church is a local church made up of City Groups.

A City Group (CG) is a group of 10-30 people – children, women, and men included – who are befriending, serving, and loving a community together in Jesus' name in Worcester. CGs are small enough that people can know you and value you, but large enough to make an impact in communities throughout Worcester. Each CG gets together throughout a month (i.e. dinners, times of prayer or learning from the Story of God in the Bible, acts of service, parties, etc.) to see Worcester become a city of neighbors and friends that showcase Jesus' love and compassion to all. Those who are cautious or curious to hear and see what it means to follow Jesus are just as welcome as those who believe Jesus is Lord and God and seek to follow Him in every area of life.

Current City Groups: Lincoln Street City Group | W.R.A.P. City Group

To connect with one of the City Groups above, please contact info@emmauscitychurch.com


Next sermon audio and liturgy notes: King of Kings w/ Rev. Justin Ruddy

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment