Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Saturate Series Week 3 | Foster into Family + Saturday, October 13




Family can be the source of some of the most transcendent human joy, and family can leave us crumpled up on the side of the road. Family can make us become who we are, and family can break our hearts. Why would this social arrangement have that much power, for good or for evil, over us? + Dr. Russell Moore


Homily Scriptures | Acts 2:42-47

Discipleship Question: Have we understood the cost, preparation, perseverance, and joy of joining with our Father in fostering to adopt His lost daughters and sons into His family? Will we live with a theology of scarcity or theology of abundance?

Corporate Prayer of Confession and Assurance
Is. 6:5-8; Dan. 9:4-19; Neh. 1:5-10; Lk. 23:34


Call: Thank You, God our Father, for inviting us into Your abundant life of generosity and hospitality.

Response: May we receive Your abundant life and share it with others so that more will be welcomed home to Your family.

Silent Prayer

Call: Thank You that You have given us Your Word and Your Spirit to open our lives to others. Now we pray as You taught us to pray:

Response: Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil 
for Thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory now and forever. Amen.

Father Let Your Kingdom Come
Porters Gate Worship Project, 2017 A.D.

Hallelu! Hallelujah!
Father, let Your Kingdom come!
(x4)

May the works of my hands
Bring You joy. (x4 + Chorus

May the words from my mouth
Speak Your peace. (x4 + Chorus)

You make all things new, You make all things new
In places we don't choose; You make all things new!
(Chorus)


This is Amazing Grace
Phil Wickham, 2013 A.D.

Who breaks the power
Of sin and darkness?
Whose love is mighty
And so much stronger?
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!
Who shakes the whole earth
With holy thunder?
And leaves us breathless
In awe and wonder?
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!

This is amazing grace,
This is unfailing love,
That You would take my place,
That You would bear my cross!
You lay down Your life
That I would be set free!
Jesus, I sing for
All that You've done for me!


Who brings our chaos
Back into order?
Who makes the orphan
A son and daughter?
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!
Who rules the nations
With truth and justice,
Shines like the sun in
All of its brilliance!
The King of Glory,
The King above all kings!
(Chorus)

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain!
Worthy is the King who conquered the grave!


Yes Lord, Yes | In My Weakness
L. Keesecker & S. Robinson
1983 A.D., 1994 A.D.

I’ll say yes, Lord, yes
To Your will and to Your way!
I’ll say yes, Lord, yes
I will trust You and obey!
When Your Spirit speaks to me
With my whole heart I’ll agree,
And my answer will be
Yes Lord, yes!

In my weakness
You my God are strong.
In my trials, You are my song.
I fall on my knees, I can’t go on,
But in my weakness,
You my God are strong.

Grace Alone
The Modern Post, 2013 A.D.

I was an orphan lost at the Fall,
Running away when I'd hear Your call,
But Father, You worked Your will.
I had no righteousness of my own,
I had no right to draw near Your throne,
But Father, You loved me still.
And in love before You laid the world's foundation,
You predestined to adopt me as Your own.
You have raised me so high up above my station.
I'm a child of God by grace and grace alone.

You left Your home to seek out the lost,
You knew the great and terrible cost,
But Jesus, Your face was set.
I worked my fingers down to the bone,
Nothing I did could ever atone,
But Jesus, You paid my debt.
By Your blood, I have redemption and salvation,
Lord, You died that I might reap what You have sown;
And You rose that I might be a new creation,
I am born again by grace and grace alone.

I was in darkness all of my life,
I never knew the day from the night,
But Spirit, You made me see.
I swore I knew the way on my own,
Head full of rocks, a heart made of stone,
But Spirit, You moved in me.
At Your touch my sleeping spirit was awakened,
On my darkened heart the light of Christ has shone.
Called into a kingdom that cannot be shaken,
Heaven's citizen by grace and grace alone.

So I'll stand in faith by grace and grace alone!
I will run the race by grace and grace alone!
I will slay my sin by grace and grace alone!
I will reach the end by grace and grace alone!

Prayers of Preparation for Eucharist
Matthew 26:26-291 Corinthians 11:23-26

Prayer seeking more from Jesus
Jesus, You claim to be the Way,
the Truth and the Life.
If what You claim is true,
please reveal to me who You are.
Give me an understanding of You
that is clear and convincing. Amen.

Prayer for Communion with Jesus
Jesus, grant that we may be filled
by You, the true Bread and Vine.
Be present with us, strengthen us,
and empower us to be Your witnesses
together as we seek first Your Kingdom
until You return and make all things new. Amen.

Eucharist | Thanking God for Communion with Christ and His Church

Benediction 

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” + Matthew 28:19-20

Christ is all,

Rev. Mike "Sully" Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment