Sunday, March 8, 2015

Church Planter Anthems | All I Want by FOF

 
Emmaus City Church Worcester MA Soma Acts 29 3DM Christian Reformed Church Transcultural Kingdom Multi-Ethnic Network of Missional Communities

 

Future of Forestry's "All I Want" provides a perfect theme song for how Emmaus City is seeking to walk with Jesus' compelling compassion in 2015


Sometimes a song captures perfectly a vision and desires. For Emmaus City in 2015, Future of Forestry's "All I Want" embodies in sound and movement the passion and purpose of not only Jesus' heart for us, but also why God has called us to be part of His church for the city of Worcester, of the city of Worcester, and in the city of Worcester. 

We are Jesus' sent church to our city, as anyone who follows Jesus is meant to embody. He says in John 20:21-22, "As the Father has sent Me, so I am sending you. ... Receive the Holy Spirit." What a joy it is to know this identity we have, that we are not only the adopted children of God, but also called to carry on Jesus' mission to share and show that the redemption, reconciliation, and restoration of relationships we need between God and us, and between us and those we live among in Worcester, is possible.

Is this the joy of Emmaus City to see this promise become a reality with our friends and neighbors, as well as a reality in the beating heart of our city's educational, commercial, and recreational communities? I hope so. I hope our prayers and actions grow to such a crescendo that we cannot help but join Jesus in bringing His mercy and grace to the broken people and places He sends us.

But we're going to need to set our hope on Him alone and stoke our desire to tell others about what only He can do if His good news is going to spread and transform, not only us, but also those who are waiting to hear about Him in our city. 

We have to walk the Emmaus road ahead, where people are walking away from the only Person they can find peace in. And as we meet them and listen to their heartache, we can pray that they see where Jesus has been walking with them all along, and we can pray that they experience His compelling compassion so they want to hear more until their hearts are inflamed with His healing love. 

Then we will see how His glory met our crude and weak;
how His mercy met our shame; 
how His strength met our small and meek;
how His magic met our mundane.

And when all of this about Jesus captivates us, we also see that 
we are all He wants,
we have His heart forever, and 
His beauty will restore us and lead us home together.

Church Planter Anthems Phase 2 | Future of Forestry "All I Want" Lyrics


Emmaus City Worcester MA Church Planter Anthems Soma Acts 29 3DM Christian Reformed Multi-ethnic Network of Missional Communities

I will go where glory meets the crude and weak. 
I will go where mercy meets the shame. 
I will go where strength will find the small and meek. 
I will go where magic meets mundane. 

And You’re all I want, You’re all I want, You’re all I’ll find,
You have my heart forever, You are all that I could need. 

I will go where grace and healing love restores. 
I will go where peace and rest is known. 
I will go where friendship finds my heart in Yours. 
I will go where beauty leads me home. 

For previous church planter anthems that I've written about in the past, check these out:

No comments:

Post a Comment