Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Songs Can Help Shape a Life of Worship Service | Part 1 featuring Austin Stone Worship

 
Austin Stone Worship Service Songs King of Love Jesus is Better No Greater Aim

 

Worship is more than an hour-long service with holy names included;

singing selflessly can help shape each day as worship service.


I love music. Jon Foreman has provided thoughtful and humble words in helping to showcase why forcing Jesus into a genre isn't artistic and can reduce the impact of who He is and how He saves. And most music I do enjoy comes from artists who haven't decided who my Savior is yet.

But I do love to sing to Him. It doesn't sound that great when I open my mouth. I try. But others in my family are much better and provide a much more beautiful sound. However, I have found a band that has helped fuel my heart with a swelling song of praise, while providing me with musical that I can appreciate and enjoy.

Austin Stone Worship Gospel Rock King of Love ChurchThey are the Austin Stone Worship band, often led by singers and songwriters Aaron Ivey and Jimmy McNeal. Sometimes they write new modern hymns. Sometimes they showcase ones written from hundreds of years before. Sometimes they sing songs from other artists. They've got a modern rock bent. They're not overwhelmingly fantastic in a grandiose fashion. And they don't need to be. They're faithful in their focus on who Jesus is and what He accomplished with His life, death, and resurrection. And that lifts me up to see Him above all.

In compiling some of my favorite songs of theirs, they have provided me with a liturgy, not only for a religious service of worship on a Sabbath day, but a liturgy of worship for all of life. Join with me in listening and see how these songs shape your day. And if something or Someone like the Spirit of God stirs inside of you, feel free to join with me in singing.


Adoration: God Undefeatable


"Behold the King who conquered and overcame our sin. 
Behold our glorious Victor whose mercy knows no end. 
He is true, He is right. Death is broken, He is alive. 
God undefeatable, kingdom unshakeable. 
In majesty and power You reign. 
Love undeniable, matchless and bountiful 
To waken us to life You came ..."


Petition: Jesus is Better



" ... In all my sorrows, Jesus is better make my heart believe!
In all my victories, Jesus is better
make my heart believe! 
Than any comfort, Jesus is better make my heart believe! 
More than all riches, Jesus is better
make my heart believe! 
Our souls declaring, Jesus is better
make my heart believe! 
Our song eternal, Jesus is better
make my heart believe! ... "


Celebration of Assurance: It Is Well



" ... My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! 
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, 
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul! 

It is well, with my soul. ..."


Thanksgiving: King of Love



"... My lips will praise, oh, King of love! 
Who sealed my heart for realms above! 
In sin and shame came mercy's flood. 
I run to You, oh, King of love!"


Communion: Flood My Soul



" ... Flood my soul, 'whelming fount 
Abundantly fill with passionate fire, flood my soul. 
Keep my days for Your glory. 
Secure my heart for Your ways. 
I cling to You, oh Lord of all, strong Deliverer! 
All my life is Yours! 
Surrender everything I am to You, my only hope. 
All my life is Yours. ..."


 Charge and Blessing: No Greater Aim



" ... Oh to know the power of Your risen life 
And to know You in Your suffering. 
To become like You in Your death my Lord 
So with You to live and never die. 
Knowing You, Jesus. Knowing You. 
There is no greater aim. 
In Your presence here my joy is found. 
There is no higher gain!  
Your love is higher! Your glory brighter! 
My hope is set on You! 
My greatest longing is found in knowing
If you would like to listen through the 15-song set of songs recorded at the Austin Stone Worship Conference 2013, click here: Live Worship from the Austin Stone Worship Conference

Coming next: Songs Can Help Shape a Life of Worship Service | Part 2 featuring Beautiful Eulogy

P.S. I'm seriously stoked about Epiphany Fellowship's band, Doxa, releasing a worship album in the near future. For a taste, check out this video: Doxa-Mentary.

 Sully
 
Curiosity piqued? Something inside you being stirred? Go ahead and connect.


No comments:

Post a Comment